Forums > Help! > Fluted dowel! cant find any!

Login/Join to Participate

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Im trying to make some practise double and rather than just use regular cylindrical dowel i wanted to doit using this, Cantus made some for Pink...? and he said B&Q did it i think or homebase whereas now i cant find them having any, for anyone who doesnt know what fluted dowel is its kinda like regular dowel but it is grooved and looks like this

Non-Https Image Link

im looking for a full length how u can buy it in regular homebases etc at about 2metres etc so i can cut it up for the doubles, does anyone know where they are, ive looked in jewsons, B&Q and homebases, grrr

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
they have it in my local B&Q and Wickes
if you haven't found any by then i'm happy to bring some to play for you. biggrin

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
you shouldn't have a problem in a b&q warehouse. It's normally in the decorating section, at the end of an isle with other long bits of decorative wood, like edging

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
will said he checked all the local b&Qs with no luck

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
really? he said "ive looked in jewsons, B&Q and homebases", i assumed that didn't mean multiple B&Q stores. Here in Coventry we have 2, one's pretty big and the choice seems good, then there's absolute mofo B&Q Warehouse out towards the motorway, with double the choice on most things. Just a thought smile

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the offer Beth but I was planning on getting these made hopefully within a week or two, i especially wanted them made in time for Play, The B&Q and homebases near me in the decorating section have the lovely long bits of regular dowel and edging but no fluted dowel, i could have sworn they used to, and there arent any B&Q warehouses anywhere near me, are the warehouses bigger or something, and i dont know of any wickes near me either

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You know if I was smarter I'd have offered to make you a pair for a small fee. But I'm not. So there you go....

Meh

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
pics please cantus, or do i have to wait for a couple of weeks to see them?

Step (el-nombrie)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
dwoel obtained, i had to go to slough, which is an extreme dump