doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
this is a topic which was instigated in the flat lastnight. when making pancakes, you can substitute various items in the batter, ground almonds as opoosed to flour, melted chocolate in the bater...

anyone out there got any ideas or maybe even sauces & things to fill/dip the pancakes(custard for one)

your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Dr. F

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
ewwwwwwwwww I dont like pancakes

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
STANDARD PANCAKES
MAPLE SYRUP
BANANAS
ICE CREAM........nuff said

761 posts

Posted:
Written by: tainted

ewwwwwwwwww I dont like pancakes

eek WHAT THE F***. I LET YOU SIT ON MY COUCH!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE PANCAKES!!!

do you not like delicious things? i bet you'll say next that you dont like doughnuts

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
what's a pancake? Lots of people have different view on what a pancake is.

There's quite a comprehensive pancake topping and batter ingrediant discussion [Old link], however as I'm hungry and pancakes are full of pancakey goodness, I vote that we need another thread about it.

There's many good toppings: blackberry and apple stew with icecream, chocolate sauce with bananas and icecream, the list goes on smile

AkashlaBRONZE Member
72 posts

Posted:
Chocolate sauce with heated strawberries. Its the yummiest.

Bananas and strawberry jam.

Feta cheese and sundried tomatoes is a nice savoury alternative, as is ham and cheese.

I am not a bitch.
I am THE bitch.
And Im Miss Bitch to you.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
I dont know why i just cant stand them....they stick to the roof of my mouth ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Your couch was very comfy biggrin

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Those thin english pancakes are the best, scotch are nice but meh not as good. To be honest I just like a plain pancake with salt, very tasty and savoury

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I love scotch pancakes but any other pancakes are yukky!

I don't know why, but i don't like them! they're just bleugh!

although, when in paris once, i did enjoy a crepe but the french are generally better at things like that!

LiL Turkey!enthusiast
209 posts

Posted:
Mmmmm.... Pancakes.... :o)

You can't beat pancakes with Jiff lemon and sugar!

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you! wink

761 posts

Posted:
yeah, and thank god jif changed to cif... so many times i got confudsed.

by the way.. what are scotch pancakes?

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Little fat pancakes from Scotland...

I quite like the fat doughy american style ones, with icecream and chocolate sauce mmmm....

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

761 posts

Posted:
making the fat doughy american ones(im talking about the opancakes now...zzzing!) you just put an extra egg yolk and a little baking powder to your standard pacake/crepe mix

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by:

yeah, and thank god jif changed to cif... so many times i got confudsed.

You got confused between the two Jiffs? You mean you actualy got the little lemon coloured, lemon shaped bottles of lemon jiuce mixed up with a bathroom cleaner spray, that has on it a picture of a bathroom?

*splurge* "oh no Ive done it again...no pancake day this year Im afraid...again"

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

761 posts

Posted:
who was it made that gag, was it yer man from 'the office'??

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Jack Dee a commedian, but its so true how can people get those things mixed up! Stupid forighners

rita queen of cheesemember
84 posts

Posted:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pancankes!!!!!! smile

you could put angel delight in a pancake depending on the flavour u could put some sauce on aswell, with some random sweets and [censored] biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

mmmm..... me 250 characters, bubbly, loud n i luv cheese, not quite 250 characters but hey who cares

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
Written by: doctor_fandango

making the fat doughy american ones(im talking about the opancakes now...zzzing!) you just put an extra egg yolk and a little baking powder to your standard pacake/crepe mix

I was wondering about this the other day... So thats how you make the thicker 'american' pancakes? Hmm..I tried making them with the standard flour egg milk mixture and just put in more, but they came out all uncooked and mushy in the middle. Anyone have an actual recipe for the american style pancakes please?

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

the_poierSILVER Member
the 1337 poier
346 posts

Posted:
nice and thin then you roll em up and smoke em...nah just joking you roll em up and cut them into strips then eat em...makes it taste nicer somehow oh and with lemon and sugar smile

ive got a fuzzbox and im not afraid to use it
R.I.P. gayfest

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
"American style"

3 eggs

1 1/2 c. milk

1/2 c. water

2 tbsp. sugar

3 tbsp. baking powder

Pinch of salt

1 tbsp. butter, melted

2 3/4 c. flour

Beat eggs.Combine dry ingredients, with the eggs in large bowl. Whisk together remaining

ingredients and add to flour mixture. Preheat griddle,burner being anywhere from medium to medium high, oil lightly,

and ladle 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbly,

turn and cook until light brown.
EDITED_BY: Violently Tame (1123021033)

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

NadishomeLiving life to the full!
177 posts

Posted:
Get plain pancakes straight out of pan onto warmed plate sprinkle with sugar so lightly melts then put block of vanilla ice cream in middle with a generous dollopp of canned cherries and roll up!!

Amazin!!!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

NadishomeLiving life to the full!
177 posts

Posted:
Jus been thinkin!!!

How do you actually make pancakes????

always had parents to make it for me!!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
i like mine with butter,peanut butter,and maple syrup or honey.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
try coconut cream/milk instead of actual milk... yum

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

761 posts

Posted:
mm nice one andrealee

rowanleemember
99 posts

Posted:
Just swam across the lake a dozen times, in the middle of the night, so now I am freezing, starving and thinking of my favorite foods...

this one is not exactly pancakes, so sorry if too far off topic, but I thought you might want to try it:

Start with some fresh croissants. Cut them open, and stuff with brie, and maybe a bit of bacon if you like that sort of thing. Then gently squish it shut, and soak it in french toast batter( milk, eggs, and vanilla combo).Fry in a little butter until browned and the brie is soft. Serve with a fruit salad that has a tablespoon of contreau and a little honey in it (or simply strawberries if they are fresh) .

Top with whipping cream made with extra vanilla and a touch of frangelico. ..

Indecently decadent!

I have some company this weekend, guess what I'll be making them for breakkie!
smiles,
A

wherever you go, there you are

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Beer in the batter makes the fluffier. beerchug

If you don't want to waste the beer, 7UP works too, and no you don't taste it once they're done

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals