>females wearing headphones.
>
>The rapist is described as a white male, aged between 30 and 50 years old,
>with
>short dark hair, of medium height with a muscular build and rough, tanned
>skin.
>
>If you see anyone matching this description acting suspiciously, or
>threateningly towards you, please contact your local police or ring 999.
>
>
>Regards
>Nick Turner
>EHS Manager - UK and Ireland
>
>Visit the all new https://wrweb.uk/Health_&_Safety/
for further EHS
>information

[ 27. November 2002, 06:34: Message edited by: MisStix ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Shall i tell you the scary thing....i live in Redhill!

If that bastard thinks he's gonns get me he has another thing coming,
Thank you Stix it's so nice to know that you care! you keep safe to! I shall warn Justine when i phone her tonight

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I know sweets.. this bastard has struck all accross the south - all the way from you to the other side of me - please let all your friends know too - there has been no media coverage on this one coz the sick f**k gets off on it and was attacking agian as soon as he'd been on the news!

What drives a man to do this?? Never understood. For me intimacy is only good if it is wanted from both parties.. if not it doesn't happen.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
I'll tell everyone i know in this area...
I dont understand people like him either! there must be something seriously wrong with him!

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
while on the topic of rapists (ewwie ppl) i just got this email today- and i thought i would post its info on here to share with you chicks in london, and everywhere else in the world! hope you can put it to good use! and keep safe!

Through a rapist's eyes (apparently)

A group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what they look for in a potential victim and here are some interesting facts:
The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle. They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun, braid or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed. They are also likely to go after a woman with long hair. Women with short hair are not common targets.
The second thing men look for is clothing. They will look for women whose clothing is easy to remove quickly. Many of them carry scissors around to cut clothing.
They also look for women on their cell phone, searching through their purse or doing other activities while walking because they are off guard and can be easily overpowered.
The time of day men are most likely to attack and rape a woman is in the early morning, between 5 and 8:30am.
The number one place women are abducted from/attacked at is grocery store parking lots.
Number two is office parking lots/garages.
Number three is public restrooms.
The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman and quickly move her to a second location where they don't have to worry about getting caught.
Only 2% said they carried weapons because rape carries a 3-5 year sentence but rape with a weapon is 15-20 years.
If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn't worth it because it will be time-consuming.
These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas, or other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their hands. Keys are not a deterrent because you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these guys you're not worth it.
Several defence mechanisms he taught us are: If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question, like what time is it, or make general small talk, I can't believe it is so cold out here, we're in for a bad winter. Now you've seen their face and could identify them in a lineup, you lose appeal as a target.
If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of you and yell Stop or Stay back! Most of the rapists this man talked to said they'd leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would not be afraid to fight back. Again, they are looking for an EASY target.
If you carry pepper spray (this instructor was a huge advocate of it and carries it with him wherever he goes), yelling I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY and holding it out will be a deterrent.
If someone grabs you, you can't beat them with strength but you can by outsmarting them. If you are grabbed around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the arm between the elbow and armpit or in the upper inner thigh - HARD. One woman in a class this guy taught told him she used the underarm pinch on a guy who was trying to date rape her and was so upset she broke through the skin and tore out muscle strands -- the guy needed stitches. Try pinching yourself in those places as hard as you can stand it; it hurts. After the initial hit, always go for the groin. I know from a particularly unfortunate experience that if you slap a guy's parts it is extremely painful. You might think that you'll anger the guy and make him want to hurt you more, but the thing these rapists told our instructor is that they want a woman who will not cause a lot of trouble. Start causing trouble, and he's out of there.
When the guy puts his hands up to you, grab his first two fingers and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing down on them as possible. The instructor did it to me without using much pressure, and I ended up on my knees and both knuckles cracked audibly.
Of course the things we always hear still apply. Always be aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if you see any odd behaviour, don't dismiss it, go with your
instincts. You may feel a little silly at the time, but you'd feel much worse if the guy really was trouble.

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I was walking back from my sisters house one evening when a guy stopped in front of me on the pavement, when I tried to walk around him he moved in front of me. Then he grabbed my arms. I shouted and swore at him in my best hard girl from North Dublin accent, shoved him off called him a few more obscenitys and walked off. Lots of people on the street and they did not even look round Don't know if the guy was trying to attack me, he seemed a drunk not a rapist, but I was walking past the canal where there have been rapes and prostitues murdered so I immediately went on the defensive.

I hate walking streets of London at night - they are so dimly lit and do not feel safe. I feel confident that I could defend myself head on, but realistic that if faced with a couple of guys or someone with a knife to my throat I would not have a hope in hell.

With reports of 4 females in London being attacked by cab drivers, the deranged asshole stalking women of South London, its a scary time.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
WoW thanks for that info Sparkie...i didn't know a lot of that. i shall keep that in mind next time i'm out.

I agree Kat...London isn't at all safe by yourself at night. i never walk alone at night, i always try and get someone to walk with me.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Meant to be meeting a friend visiting from New York on Friday night in Stockwell and got really pissed off when my boyfriend would not come with me as it means I will have to leave early as I feel really unsafe walking round that area at night

I miss Japan and feeling safe enough to cycle round the streets at 3am

Muggers and sickos and rapists Oh My!

Keep safe boys and girls

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Yeah thanks Sparkie.. It's always good to know what you are up against... I like getting to understand how other peoples minds work as it helps you to live in harmony with them , but in this case it helps you avoid them BIG STYLIE!!

Always be aware peeps!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
the sicko has done it again.. this time in Stevenage Hertfordshire..(other side of London)

He does not descriminate, youngest victem has been just TEN years old the oldest - 52.

Be vigalent.. as the days are darker and we are out in it for longer spinning.. Please don't walk home by yourself.

Lots of love and keep safe 'Mum'

twistedmember
12 posts

Posted:
i live in stevenage and no leanne who got raped .so iz there any one else on here from stevenage:P

when the wheeles of life are burning , stear them in to hell and let them turn to dust

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
oh man - that sucks - I sincerly hope she is doing ok - rape is a big thing to cope with - but it can be done..

She's a very brave girl! Please send positive vibes to her for me - I sorta know what she is going thru..

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Sent to me by a friend.
>
>I was approached yesterday afternoon around 3:30pm in a Woolworth's
>parking lot, by two males, asking what kind of perfume I was wearing
>Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were
>willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate. I probably would have
>agreed had I not received an email some weeks ago, warning of a "wanna
>smell this neat perfume?" scam.
>
>The men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for
>someone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going toward them, pointed at
>them, and told her about how I was sent an e-mail at work about someone
>walking up to you at the shops or in car parks, and asking you to SNIFF
>PERFUME that they are selling at cheap price.
>
>THIS IS NOT PERFUME!!!!!
>
>When you sniff it, you'll pass out. And they'll take your wallet, your
>valuables, and heaven knows what else. If it were not for this e-mail,
>I probably would have sniffed the "perfume". But thanks to the
>generosity of an emailing friend, I was spared whatever might have
>happened to me.
>
>PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS, AND PLEASE BE ALERT AND
>BEWARE!!!!!!! (this happened in Crawley)

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
*Note , this incident is not related to previous posts*

[ 27. November 2002, 09:46: Message edited by: MisStix ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sick fucks!.... these loons make me sick they really do.
like that appeal on crimewatch then the following day he raped anouth young teenage girl... this guy needs to be caught and quickly.. then publically hung for us all to see.
bring back the death penalty i say, but only if a case is proved one hundred percent quilty. sad times very sad times.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
~68% of victims are raped by someone they know.
and
~29% use a weapon

That 2% statistic sounds off from everything ive heard, but im going by american statistics and I guess that is british.

I think the first statistic is the most frightening. Part of me is glad im not a woman so I don't have to live in fear of this stuff, but another part of me hates being part of the gender responsible for nearly all sex crimes.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Astar:
~68% of victims are raped by someone they know.

How do you guys feel about that? What is the balance between caring for a femail friend and taking control and advantage? What happens inside to make people force unwanted attention on people? Is it a bad/low self esteem that makes people feel the need to have power and control over either a weaker person, or in some cases I've read.. attacks take place on people that the attacker deems to be unobtainable in normal social circles. I dunno - this is something that I hope I will never understand..

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Rape isn't a kind of intimacy, its a kind of violence.

I cannot imagine a situation where I would make a girl do anything she didn't want to do. A large part of the fun, for me, is the willing participation of the other person!

Its an odd kind of mentality that fosters this behavior.

Raphael

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
this makes me feel ill.

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
This topic disgusts me. I would apologize to all the women of the world if I had the right to.
The topic just intruded into fire dancing. The troupe was discussing future gigs including a really sweet one out-of-town. One female who is usually totally enthusiastic about every opportunity (bless her), was quiet about it. I "heard" her silence and later asked her privately what was the deal with going there.
She hadn't been back there since she had been raped, strangled, and left for dead, she said.

More silence.

Maximus

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Such things can have a massive impact on people's lives for years. A good friend was assaulted in an extreme and violent way. It has been about 2 years, and she is still depressed, to the extent of being suicidal. She has been in hospital, after taking an overdose. She has nightmares, and if people touch her when she is having one of these dreams, she doesn't wake, but feels the touch as physical pain.

This was an assault by someone she didn't know. Other friends have been the victims of attempted sexual assaults by people they do know.

There is a bond of trust you build every time you are with a person, male or female. To have someone break that trust makes it hard to trust people again.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
It is almost as though you take part of someone's humanity away by such an attack.

Its horrific.

Raphael

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine, about 2 years ago now, got gang raped... it took us a while to get her to say what was wrong, she was just walking about like a Zombie, she didn't talk, her face was pale but her eyes were read from crying.
When she eventuall told us (2 days later) she wouldn't go to the police, or anything. It took me and my other friend a week to convince her. they never found the gang who did it.
that wasn't the end of it for her unfortuantly, she found out she was pregnant (she had never had sex before so it was definately from her rape) she had an abortion, she knew if she had the baby she would never love it. But she 's usually pro-life.
She's never been the same since.

Soleilmember
41 posts

Posted:
What was said about being ignored is very true. Think of myleene glass (ex-hearsay yes you prolly do hate her but so what)she was sexually assaulted in broad daylight on a busy street, screaming and not one single person stopped to help her.

Its disgusting. When I was attacked two months ago (walking home with my staff after a nasty week)i fought the guy off by using my staff but I'm only 5foot tall, it could have been worse. Again nobody stopped to help.

I'd really like to point out the situation regarding the perfume rapists/muggers.

Thats been happening up here for a few years now and a 99yr old woman died last week from a man entering her house after this plot.

Its a terribly sad world we live in

Sol xx

HEEEEEEEEED!!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Sol - hunny I hope you reported that to your police. I know it's hard to do sometimes - but you got away - maybe someone without a staff wasn't so lucky - if you got a good look at your attacker - please say something - you don't have to agree to stand up in court or anything like that.. but frustration of a bungled attack can build and lead to some thing worse..

Big hugs and well done for stading up for your self!

The more people talk about it - the more barriers and taboos are broken - I used to think that I asked for it.. I know better know.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Just heard on the news that the police have arrested a man about the serial rapes. Apparently it was a bigger investigation than Jack the Ripper...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Durbs - you beat me to it.. hope that is him - castrate the bastard!

Bigger than Jack the Ripper then or now?

I'm facinated with investigations like this.. morbid I know - but it's cool how they put all the clues together..

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
I have found this news piece about the arrest of the guy....

Rapist arrest 'significant'

Police investigating the so-called trophy rapist say an overnight arrest is a "significant development".

A 48-year-old man from Ashford, Kent, was arrested at 11.30pm yesterday near junction 5 of the M20.

Officers leading Operation Orb, which was set up to track down the rapist, said it is too early to say whether he will be charged.

A spokesman for Thames Valley Police, told a press conference outside Maidstone police station this morning: "It is a significant development but obviously we have to treat it as part of an ongoing inquiry.

"Inquiries are still continuing in Operation Orb.

"This is a key, significant event for us at this moment in time."

He confirmed the man arrested was married and would be questioned later today.

Police are investigating nine rapes and one attempted rape over the past year on young girls and women aged 10 to 52 in London, Kent, Berkshire, Surrey and Hertfordshire.

Pressed further over details about the man, he said: "Proceedings are live. He has to be interviewed, he has rights and we have to respect that."

A spokesman for Kent Police said: "In connection with Operation Orb, an inquiry into a linked series of rapes, a 48-year-old man from the Ashford area of Kent was arrested at 11.30pm last night near Junction 5 of the coast-bound M20 motorway."

I says that he is MARRIED!!!

Soleilmember
41 posts

Posted:
i did report it to the police and i did get a look at his face cos he's the local tramp so i did see him very well. He got arrested and fined i think. I didnt really pay attention to the phone call (isnt that bad?)

sol

HEEEEEEEEED!!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
No Sol I don't think it's bad at all. You did your bit - This guy is known now.. let hope the sick f*ck learnt his lesson. It is not right to impose any thing on another human bean..

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
just to let you all know...the police have charged a man for these dispiciable crimes...hoipefully he will be in prison for the rest of his life.

Page: