N8member
336 posts

Posted:
*thinks back a year or so*

Over three thousand members...... Amazing.

Congratulations Malcolm. This site has grown into something larger than anything I could have ever imagined. What a wonderful success it must be for you knowing that all these wonderful people can communicate, and that all these friendships have been formed because of this site. Bravo.

Still sometimes I feel lost in a sea of names and faces I do not know. Now I'm more of a lurker than anything, reading more than I contribute, and it seems that is the way with many of the old souls on the board, many of my good friends.

I miss you guys.
And I suppose that sometimes life gets in the way.
Perhaps with a little effort I could re-kindle some lost relationships. Well here I am making a little effort, my Email is on my profile, I'd love to know what everyone's been up to.

Been gone for to long it seems...

N8.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hi nate! new or old we're all still your mates!
if ya adopt an introduction thread, we can spay it and it could act as a central area for people to leave all things n8-related.
welcome again, and always, n8!
(i have a ex i used to call k8 but now i call her phone )

--- EDIT ---
yikes! welcome mat is now unsoiled

[ 15 October 2002, 16:20: Message edited by: bender™ ]

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Evenin'.

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
---Tries to ingnore Bender as much as poss---

Hey N8, I know you've been a member well before I started, but sometimes it gets that way for me too. As a mod though, I still try to go through most posts on the board and it does come back quickly sometimes.

Lets see who else posts shall we...?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Indeed, I am quite interested to see who posts.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You may need to shake it some before they come. They're attracted by agitation y'know.

If you do it right it looks like it's snowing.

Superman was here the other day. He left his address so we can send him money. Very generous of him I think.

Many of the old guard lurk. It's kinda intimidating I guess.

And I prolly don't help.

It's nice to see you and Girl From Mars back though.

I can bump some old threads for you if you like?

Meh

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Am I considered old?

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Hi N8 how's tricks?

Are we nearly there yet?

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Hallo N8 how is it with you?

Lurkers kinda scary!!! I never know what they are reading you see makes me kinda suspicious... but hey you seem sweet enough

Love n hugs, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I kind of lurked for a year and then started posting again.

We shall see how long I stay here before I go back into hibernation

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hugs and smiles to both of you, beautiful souls
Been missing you lots
Will be meeting with Superman next month IRL :eek : and will hug him for you cause I know how he loves you both

Shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
Hey!! Do I count as old? Please say I do! Oh, and welcome bac of course! Big huggles!

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Tricks are good Thistle. Good to speak with you again Cass. Thanks for the tip on the man of steel Cantus. If you have his addy I'd like it, My email is on my profile. Been a while since I've talked with the man.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Yeah I'd say you're pretty old Cutie. The recent jump in memebers makes me wonder where they all came from and when they got involved.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
well, Nate, i'm in SoCal and came in when i knew this is the global pyro family. which i learned when new this summer to fire poi, though had done some other fire arts before.

already enjoying much warm friendship with some other New Yorkers & nearby's, dude named NYC oldtimer in Manhattan, ya know him? he posts a lot. Raphael96 from NYC was just there, lives in Paris workin on da fencing team for 2004 Olympics, new, less than a yr Nyx & Kyrian, 2 Connecticut chix who know each other now.

Nomad of Boston's Anthelion drops in time to time, as well as Peregrine who doesn't spin fire anymore.

my best update for ya.

lookin happy 2 meetcha.

so whatcha doin with fire this fall?

~ Mike (my Intro pad )

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Thinking about a pair of fire devil sticks. Finally got proficient enough not to spack myself in the face with them, so I figure soon should be time to ditch the practice sticks and get some with wicks.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Actually Mike, I'm about 350 miles from N8 and the marsian and even further from Pele... so us "New Yorkers" don't get to hang much. Those three are up way closer to the Canadian border and I'm AAAAAaaaallll the way down the Hudson.

Heck I'm about 100 miles closer to the virginia border than I am to N8.

It's a deceptively large state.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
quote:
as well as Peregrine who doesn't spin fire anymore.
huh? when did this happen? why? i saw her spin in June, what's up?

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Deceptively large state indeed.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I sent you a Private Message N8. You can read them in your profile section (in case you were unsure)

Meh

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Nyx, unless my memory's screwed up, which is usually pretty good, but half-sure in this case, Pere now concentrates on yoga & nonflammables. peeweeod.

big state, huh, yuh, we got that phenom right within our damn metroplexes here, even tho they overlap, peeps a bit far. 350 miles? that's quite a camel jaunt, tho. ( * hnnnnnn * )

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
actually its taichi, and i also have quite the kick ass garden now too.
no i dont spin anything anymore and dont read hop except maybe once a month.
am reachable by email tho...

pere

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Not like I can't be found on here, much easier to find me here than in rl, aye NYC?
Actually, I am about an hour closer to you now N8, since I moved to Rochester. And next month I will be spending gads of time in Skaneatales for my (non-fire) show. I have a set of fire devils if you care to test them out.

Believe it or not, N8 and I don't live that far apart at all (two hour drive at most) and I have seen Nomad in Boston more than him! Damn time constraints!
Also here in the North East, and closer to us than NYC, is Maelstrom and Knagi in Ohio. Great peoples they are!

And if some of you are saying you are old, then what am I? Jurassic? I remember the board in it's very first incarnation! Ugh!

I am quite happy to see you all again, and that many of you are posting not just lurking! I find a comfort in that, as I feel lost in the land of the newbies!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
You moved to Rochester? Well shit, I'm at school in Rochester! What's your schedule like?
(PMing Pele)