Forums > Social Chat > appreciating the world around us...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
The other night out in my back yard, well the next door neighbours yard actually... there was a whole chior of froggies singing away.... making the most amazing rhythms with their little crokie tune... I couldn't help but groove and dance along to their music! Even a Gecko had a little song to sing... I stayed out there for ages just listening and groovin'..... 'twas a magical moment....

Has anyone else had a similar expirience lately? Where the world around them just comes alive with magic?

[ 14 October 2002, 16:09: Message edited by: .:* Moon Pixie *:. ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
you all rule.
each and everyone of you
*super-sized hugs to all*

orangu-funking-tan

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
Mmmm...... what a lovely old thread!

dragged it up cos realised that its been nearly a year and a half since i had an autumn....

walking along the streets in golden sun with a strong cold wind and fallen leaves all around biggrin

i think it must be even more special cos its been so long!

Non-Https Image Link

x

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

T

Has anyone else had a similar expirience lately? Where the world around them just comes alive with magic?

every single day its like that there is always something you can find. I hate my town but there are little parts that i love so i take pics of the nice bits.

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Last night at my brothers house in melbourne I was outside having a cigarette looking up to the sky. It was a bit past midnight but still light because of the full moon.

I saw a bat fly by, I'd never seen a bat before, we dont' get them much where I live. This one was really huge. At first I thought it was a crow it was huge!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

3,492 posts

Posted:
Psycho_lemming Thanks SO much for finding this thread! biggrin I totally forgot I'd ever posted it... ubblol

that was a few years ago now.... smile ... so many more magickal moments....

Those autumn leaves look lush too... .:*adds "play in *real* autumn leaves" to her to do list along with seeing falling snow*:. biggrin

Last night I had a few yummy moments... seeing such smiley faces around me at moonfest... seeing all the lovely fire twirling from a distance out on the rock jetty.... and on the way back from the loo I heard the most magick music... Didge and Flute with the drums... I felt like I was walking toward fairyland!!!

and then realising that all those beautiful people were there just coz I asked them to come play biggrin ubblove grouphug

turned what started out as a real crappy day into pure magick... made my smile so big biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I had one recently! Went to a gig with my boyfriend and spent all night watching him smile. He has not been that happy lately, so watching him beaming at the stage and singing along made me feel like everything's good in the world.

Thanks for this thread, it's beautiful. hug

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i remember one moment which i wont forget, its not a huge one but nice all the same.after going out for new years (this year) and celebrating with all my friends i went home. my friend from uni was staying at mine so we shared a double bed. i woke up in the night and couldnt get back to sleep and i didnt want to wake her up, so i got up and went downstairs. it was just starting to get light so i looked out of the window and watched the sun rise, it was amazing because i was thinking that this is the first sunrise of this year biggrin
i love those little moments when you just stop and absorb whats happening around you.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
At spinning last week my little boy found a beautiful green frog. His delight was lovely

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
awwwwwww bless him

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
i.just.looked.outside.and.there.is.about20birds.washing.in.my.pond.its.a.fantastic.view.They're.spraying.water.everywhere!its.all.wings.and.water..so.great

got.something.stuck.under.my.spacebar....stupidthing

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
.:bump:.

Wow i love this tread, it gives me such warm fuzzys.

On monday i was sat outside collage in the sunshine, it was really quiet, there was a light breeze and the cherry trees were slowly covering me with tiny pink flowers. aahh, bliss. smile

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
when the sun is out... i just feel soo much better, when its warm... nothing matters... of course.. this can mean all kinds of trouble for my exams and homework... but meh shrug
its the sun :sun: its warm and makes everything look twice as pretty biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

3,492 posts

Posted:
yeahhhhh like when the sun hits the ocean it turns all sparkley..:.::* it's really clear at the moment so the water is all blue and sparkley... and you can see mortan island really clearly ....and even the sand dunes on straddy biggrin

...:*keeping my eyes peeled for Dolfins....:* biggrin .... and mermaids too wink

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
ahh just that kind of weather when you are all floaty and excited just because it's so nice outside that you have to go play in it sunny rolleyes mmm.......

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
listening to Koalas grunting/calling in the night in the trees opposite our house when I've only ever heard them on the trees on the hill behind our house was awesome! Ive never heard them over there before so its pretty cool to think they are spreading into areas they havent been in for ages.

Seeing dolphins just after dawn at the last Beach doof was awesome - I swear they were checking us out smile

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
the way trees seem to be a source of light after the rain...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Well
i got caught in a bush
It was hard to get out
But really fun....

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblol *giggle* yeahhhhhh I love those kind of adventures biggrin

and yeahhhhh the trees after rain... something amazing about that light smile

ohhhhh and when your in the rain forest and the air is cool and everything is this intense deep rich colour... and then you find a spot with a break in the canopy and it's like heaven beeming down through the branches!!!

and moss... i love the feel of the stuff! biggrin it's all soft and fuzzy if I lived in a tree I would want moss carpet!.:* biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

the other night when I set up for fire play at enchanted echoes... I didn't realise in the dark, but in the fire light I noticed a little mushroom fairy ring right in the middle of all the stuff... was so beautiful...

good omen I thought biggrin

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

last night while sitting in the garden... with a slight breeze blowing through the trees, I felt the garden alive with preperations for winter. A sense of closure to the season just past.

It was a little unusual because all should already be prepaired and all should already be holled up!

on the breeze a l8 moth beat it's soft, scaly wings. nearby a toad croaked from its berth. a shrew scurried through the leaves and over the pathway. even the trees seemd to sigh to the cool gentle breeze.

t'was a majickal moment, the garden alive in the calm presence of zephyr.

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
*BUMP*

its cold and dark... the wind is blowing the leaves up into a whirl, the sun is setting, you cant see it but the colour of the clouds is reflected in the windows....

time to bump this thread again hug

xxx

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i know what you mean miss lemming.......the light affect in the morning and evening have been most odd in norwich...nice but odd

and OH..MY.....GOD.......no this bit go's in another thread but it's about s.a.d.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Last year I went on a school camp to paradise. (Whitsunday Islands in QLD) We got to go snorkelling and everything. It was beautiful. I'm from a little country town in another state...it was definately a new sight for most of us.

We stayed on a katamaran for a week, each night anchoring at different bays. Each time we stopped some snorkelled and some went in the little dingy boats to shore to explore. I was mainly exploring.

We had a fleet of 4 katamarans, ours had some damages with the sail so we had to anchor and wait for the people to bring the spare parts.

We just happened to anchor at the most amazing place. Whitehaven. White sand, clear water, perfect. Beautiful, enchanting, stunning place. You could see all the little crabs and stingrays swimming around. We went to shore and sat there for a while. Speechless.

I didn't want to leave. I just can't describe it! It was like heaven or something! I didn't know Australia was capable of such breathtaking sights!

I didn't take any photos unfortunately because I left my camera on the boat...but I found a photo here when I searched for it. Although, no picture could ever capture the true beauty this place has to offer.

I have to go back there one day.

MasterOfDreamsBRONZE Member
57 posts

Posted:
That picture that I have below my name is from the West Coast Of Australia.
Twas the most amazing night. We were camped out on a beach behind some sand dunes and I was spoking the fire as my friends were sitting on the top of the dune. This most amazing sun set started to form and I managed to capture a little bit of it on camera.
The sea was beating and its smell was being carried by this gentle breaze and all the while the sun was setting to create one of the most amazing natural sunsets I have ever seen. No smog or man made lighting just nature at it's best. tongue

Dance like no one is watching, Sing like no one is listening, live your life the way that you see fit

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
That's an incredible picture MasterOfDreams! I would love to see a larger version of it! smile

Page: