Forums > Social Chat > appreciating the world around us...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
The other night out in my back yard, well the next door neighbours yard actually... there was a whole chior of froggies singing away.... making the most amazing rhythms with their little crokie tune... I couldn't help but groove and dance along to their music! Even a Gecko had a little song to sing... I stayed out there for ages just listening and groovin'..... 'twas a magical moment....

Has anyone else had a similar expirience lately? Where the world around them just comes alive with magic?

[ 14 October 2002, 16:09: Message edited by: .:* Moon Pixie *:. ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Moon:

So many magical nights have been seen in London where everything seemed glossy that night and I noticed that there was something in the air that gave me hope for a better tomorrow...

All this summer there were several weekends where it seemed like there was magic in the air.

I only found out later that ALL of those nights and days many people were having outdoor parties in and around London... Parties so underground you have to get invited to go... Many I was invited to but not many did I actually go...

I always feel that energy in the air it calls me and those who are vibrating at that frequency.

When the Drome was around i remember there was always something going on every weekend and at first when not many people knew of it you would get off at the tube station and see a huge q of fluffy mad people waiting to go in and share live and love with you and all others around.

All of those nights I saw the magical mist envelop london like a mother comforting her new born child.

Its out there you just have too keep your eyes open!

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Lately nature has become my music through heavy rain storms on summer nights, dawn bird song when walking home from a party, and the bird song of flocks of birds beginning to gater for migration. The sounds of nature are in tune with us for they share the same basic fundamental source of life as us and so they resonante with our souls. The sounds of the world are gifts for us to admire and receive benefit from.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I applaud you Dom.

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
We had a multirig party at a resevoir last summer. And I, tired of the drug addled dancers etc, wandered off to explore.

I crested a hill just as the soft fingers of light from the dawn touched the valley beyond.

It was incredible.

As the light spread along the valley towaqrds me it was like a veil of gold advancing, dancing and illuminating as it went.

I was in awe and couldn't drag myself away.

[ 14 October 2002, 09:24: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I spent hot n sunny saturday on the festival of much earthdancing - i've never seen so many of my hippy mates in one place in the city ever! sooo happy to fit so much catching up, stomping and twirling in one day! One of those days where you're too sad that it came to an end
The best moment of earthdance out of the many fantastic ones was playing capoeira angola (the more low-to-the-ground version) against a bewtiched toddler, so many people were pissing themselves! woot.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

3,492 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmm....

The smell of rain and a roll of thunder

ooooh a storm is coming! and the Froggies will come out again! YAY!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
(* & bender's one in a sock, he's here already! *)

frogs are wonderful, wonderful chorus, love to hear them with my dog bro Cody by creeks nearby at night.

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
it rained here last night too....

big fat heavy silver drops, not cold, not moved by the breeze, just large liquid kisses. So i stayed outside to dance in it.... When i came inside an hour later, there was steam coming off my clothing, from the heat i had generated by moving, i was warm and drenched and blissfully quiet.... it really did seem a shame to come inside... ironically enough, it was because i was thirsty!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
oh wow, i love this board already
nice to find one with something a little more in-depth than 'the panties and bra thread' or 'jaded junglists .vs. drugged up kandies'

anyhoo, stoned ramblings, i apologize.

i have an experience to share:

this summer i went over to British Columbia to travel around for a bit. i was staying in a town called Peachland for a week at relatives of a friend (sam) i was hitching around with. i found someone willing to trade mushrooms for some salvia and shared my bounty with sam and mark (a friend we met there).
we did yoga and meditated with the bag, then ate them ceremoniously. we packed a bag and headed up to climb a mountain to watch the sunset. after a horrible quest up a very steep side, we reached the peak just as we were peaking (giggle) and the sun was touching the horizon. sitting on a mountain top, the golden sparkles of the towns around and below us, the mountains encircling us, the lake straight ahead, we burnt sage, listened to dideridoo, and cuddled under a blanket together as the sky darkened and lit up with more stars i ever knew existed.

i have never felt such happiness or pure love flow through me into the world and back before.

it reassured me i was on the right path and everything i was beginning to realize. oh wow i love bc..

ps. getting down the same steep side was HORRIBLE. 3 people on schrooms, one flashlight, massive storm brewing= fun fun

orangu-funking-tan

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Mmmmm, that sounds beautiful.

I had my moment on the weekend driving to Canberra. There is a big seasonal lake just outside Canberra, which is not always waterfilled. As such it becomes this big green lush plain. I was driving past at sunset. The sunlight had turned it to gold and aqua green, and then in the distance the hills were purple and blue. There were birds flying up off the plain, into a clear pale blue sky.

just gorgeous

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
I'm likin' this thread...

I had a nice moment the other night. I was outside my apartment in the wee hours, putting up Halloween decorations. Now I decorate with very traditional means. No plastic skeletons and rubber monsters. I use cornstalks, make scarecrows, lash fences, an' of course, lots of pumpkins.
It was a brisk night, kinda overcast, so the air smelled of erstwhile rain. Shadows leapt and danced around the yard as the clouds kept obscuring the moon, only to reveal it moments later. The breeze was cool and friendly. It filled the air with the sound of the cornstalks rustling like paper. Stray lengths of twine swung back and forth. Frogs were chirping steadily from the nearby slough. There was an energy about that I could feel - then the fog rolled in. I stopped my lashing for a moment to take it all in. The whole scene just 'felt' like autumn had fully arrived.

Which means Halloween will soon be upon us.

Time to start searching for a very sincere pumpkin patch...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

3,492 posts

Posted:
ye... it's funny how different seasons, smells ect can trigger off memeries and signify certain things in our life... Like when I smell the scent of freshly cut grass.. it reminds me of Christmas... Being Summer time here at Chrissy we used to always cut the lawn before the rellies come over... But now when I feel heat in the air... with the coming of summer... It reminds me more now of the Woodford Folk Fest and certain people I've met there and wondeful times I've had over the last ...I don't know how many years... lots... (it is SO very HOT at the fest... that would be what triggers that memory) and it makes me smile

[ 15 October 2002, 12:15: Message edited by: .:* Moon Pixie *:. ]

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Nature is always alive and magical for me, I've been spending alot of time in the peak district recently, instead of the city, and its making me feel so much better!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I think we should all aprechiate this board and the people on it!

I have found out tonight that I am not alone...

Two souls on this site have touched mine this evening in such a powerful way! Actually thinking back on what I have wrote there are three, Mr. Telephone Fanks you really made me smile and laugh, I wish you luck with that lady friend, seek your path it is true.

Thanks you guys you know who you are!

Cheers for the love light and energy I think thats what we need to apprechiate.
If we all look inside and open our hearts our mind will be able to see without looking.
Then we will find the true beauty of the world and the hope that one day it will be a place of love, unity, respect and sharing n a global scale...

Until then i suggest we try to raise awareness so that all souls from all places can apprechiate what this thread is about.

I asked Malcolm to smile with his heart I hope we can all learn that too...

I am sleeping soon might post some more but I want those who I love to know that I do and there is no distance between the communication of the soul. No place too far no mountain to high.

Love hugs and alltogether goodthings,
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Drome... that just made me all warm and fuzzy!

Take care prescious people

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
when I was going through my bad patch over the summer, I could never go to sleep until I saw the sunrise. I used to live in a shithole shoebox of student flats, but the sun used to rise directly into my room. It was the first time I've ever seen true beauty in a city. and for a good couple of moths, I'd be sat there, and watch it. After a while, I used to walk a mile or two up the hill to a graveyard, and lay there to watch the sunrise, It was amazing, there was this spot where you could lay on your back, and look up, and your entire field of vision would be full of sky. No trees, nothing man made, and because it was out of the city centre there was very little traffic noise. I felt sometimes like I wasn't laying on the ground looking up at the sky, but flying over the world looking down on seas of a multitude of colours. I'd feel off my head although I hadn't takn anything. I felt empty, but not in a bad way, I would spend up to three hours there, on some mornings, and it would feel like an instant. Its time like that make me so glad to be alive..... Over the past year I've been pretty solitary and introverted and introspective, maybe a little too much, but I hav elearned so much about myself and how I interact with the world around me. Unfortunately now I live right down the bottom of the hill that is sheffield and that churchyard is too far for me to walk to for sunrises, Though I carry it with me everywhere I go, thats how I know that magic is real

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
just been having one of those moments outside in the peacefull night :walm fuzzy smile:

Trys to choose his favorite posts, and decides that they all win a prize for lovelyness.

Spiral
"thats how I know that magic is real".
Drew
__
be

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
warm and fuzzy indeed

today my family celebrated thanksgiving at my sisters place. i'm usually anti-holiday but it was just so nice. candlelit dinner of great food, my family i love, and the good vibes were literally flying around.
my first good thanksgiving that i can remember
i used today to be thankful for all the other days that i have to be thankful during.
thankful for life, love, having two legs, the sun, people i care about, and everything!

dromepixie, that was very well written *hugs*

*sends love out blindly*

orangu-funking-tan

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
No, Im In Rotten sydney I know what's it's like to hear those sounds . I miss my familys farm!!!!

Anyperson can acheive anything if they don't have fear in their heart.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Nature is going on hiatus here. We had our first frost yesterday morning. And for some reason that passes understanding, the air conditioning is still on in the medical school.

Now, lest anyone wax poetic about the beauty of fresh-fallen snow...

This is southeastern Michigan. When I was 13 and younger, we would get mounds of snow starting in early to mid November and lasting well into March. I grew up on a lake and we would go cross-country skiing on it. We'd make snowmen and igloos and snow forts and have snowball fights and go sledding. That was in the mid 80's.

In 2001, the lake never really froze completely over. In fact, it hasn't frozen over enough to be safe to walk on since 1992. The snow, if it comes at all, comes in January. Then it goes away. Then it may come back. Then it wallows on the ground for a few weeks and turns funny colors thanks to the car exhaust. Then it thaws and winds up patchy. The grass is brown. The trees are grey. The sky is grey. Grey and brown with patches of filthy snow. Temps in the 40's (between 0 and 5C).

Global warming has hit, folks.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Mike welcome to London!

Mike-
Then it wallows on the ground for a few weeks and turns funny colors thanks to the car exhaust. Then it thaws and winds up patchy. The grass is brown. The trees are grey. The sky is grey. Grey and brown with patches of filthy snow. Temps in the 40's (between 0 and 5C).

London is going into winter now... Cold all of a sudden people wearing coats and scarves...
Wet and annoying... Still dark @ ten... Gloomy...

And yet still magical. That is what never ceases to amaze me! Its always magial!

DROME

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Hey mike, I know what you mean, we used to go to Virginia Water at winter because it used to freeze over. It used to snow every winter too pretty much, and that was in the south of England.

3,492 posts

Posted:
i have never seen snow falling....

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
never seen snow falling??????

oh my god - something's going to have to be done about that. it's one of the world's most enjoyable spectacles (easily as good as the polar aurorae) and it always makes me feel really happy and playful.

moonpixie - for your own sake, go find some falling snow

wherever you go, there you are.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by the mind gap:
moonpixie - for your own sake, go find some falling snow
Trust! Mr. Mindagap has a good point there! Talk about magical! oh and snowball fights are wicked!

Moon go venture into the snowy part of the world whereever that may be.

Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Well I did go to the snowy mountains when I was younger... and snow ball fights are indeed fun! but I never actually got to see the snow fall... I will have to do that some time in my life for sure!

A while ago, I took my nephew for a walk by the bay... There had been dolphins coming into the bay and I thought it would be an amazing expirience for him... never having had seen dolhpins before... so we went out on the jetty looking out... He was looking down over the rails into the water and said "What's THAT!?!" ... so I looked down to see a Jellyfish! I realized then that to him, seeing a jellyfish was just as exiting as seeing a dolphin... He opened my eyes abit, you know.... It was like "YAY! today we saw a JELLYFISH!!! WOOHOOO!"

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Go explore at some stage Moon!

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Moon Pixie, beautiful thread ! ! !

I know what you mean… I am constantly amazed and excited. Trying to bite into the apple of life with growing appetite…

‘tis the secret for happiness methinks

hugs and smiles to you and Bec … am about to leave on my trip and so that makes our meeting closter and closter .. ;

SHINE ON
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
The sound of rain falling on the brim of my hat is music to me.

How can I not smile at such a time?

Raph

3,492 posts

Posted:
Yay! Cass

I can't wait to meet with you!!!

Page: