Page: ...
The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Hi all

I've been studying the use of complementary therapies in palliative care for a research project at Uni. I've been looking at how these often clinically unproven therapies are being integrated into conventional medical care for the dying, the reasons for it and the benefits of it e.t.c.

One of the things I've been up to is watching a therapist give reiki treatments to patients. I started talking to the therapist afterwards about the 'energy body' and if she can see it. She says she just feels the energy, but cannot see it.

I personally would like to believe that we each have an aura or 'energy body', but at the same time I don't like buying into things without a healthy dose of scepticism also. So I was wondering what you guys all think...

If anyone also wants to argue for or against auras, or give their personal experiences with 'energy', I'm interested in whatever you guys have to say.

Cheers.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I get where you're coming from Shen Shui. I've been working with my chakras for years doing hatha and dru yoga, but I still feel like I'm only just on the verge of comprehending the very basics of these things.

Thanks for reviving my ancient thread! smile

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
*cough* i revived it *cough*

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Sorry! There was a blue line above Shen Shuis post so I thought that was the new one, didn't think to check date... redface

Also, it was quite a loong post, kind of forgot what came before it in the thread after reading!

Sincerest apologies. Have some cake. smile

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
I dont know what aura are or where they come from but i can see them. I have never needed to question it (unlike astral projection which i was taught). But i believe in tons of freaky things you guys never would have heard of like Mauri.

Aura cant be forced by me, they just come out, usually when im watching people speaking. It can be kinda freaky until you have seen them afew times. I usually see light not alot of colours. Like a halo. And usually the only differences are size.

The most freaky thing to happen to me with aura, was my tribal langauge teacher was speaking, and slowly she started vanish or become surronded in a mist. eek

Maybe it is like those 3d pictures; some people cant see them EVER

I dont really care much for proof; but on a side topic, i did watch this awsome documentary about a Gong Fu master who could raise his chi level and his heat. He could move his chi into his hands for healing. And they ran sceintific tests with infrared and other sensors on him, and found his hands could produce more energy than was needed to boil water. You could see his chi smile

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Can you see them through walls?

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
I dont know confused2 lolsign not that i can recall, what do you mean? Iv seen (what i think was) essence of where something use to be, but is not there any more. Aura of objects.

I can usually see 3d pictures pretty quick. Any one else here who can see aura also see 3d images easy?

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
I mean, would you know that there was someone on the other side of a wall because you could see their aura?

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
this may be circumstantial but..............

working at a festival for a little over 2 weeks, being told there where three lay lines running throuth the site and that we were camped on one of them...............then having someone ( a shamen in the holistic healing circle) tell me my aura was bright yellow and that my eye colour had changed to green and that the sparkle had returned to my eyes brought a sence of well being, who am i to slam down things i do not fully understand!!!

we worked from 8am to 10pm, chilled out from 10pm till midnight so thats sod all sleep yet waking up and feeling ready to go at a moments notice and still feeling good at the end of the day and first thing in the morning has led me to belive...............just because it's not normal or documented dose in no way make it any less real

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
smile nice 1 rave head

I dont think so Domino? Im not sure though, im not trained in it. Maybe im only at basic level. smile I would love to learn more though.

There are so many sense's that i think we dont even try to use to our potential.

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
dragon:

if you want to learn more, i can show you some things that you can do to stimulate that.

good times.

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

brittleGOLD Member
131 posts

Posted:
dragon 7 - i think i can see auras aswell and i see them how you see them - with just light surrounding the people- the only time i have seen colours is a time when i got into a deep state on a bus on a school trip then i could see colours when i flipped my eyes back! was pretty kool.

What to do in case of fire??? LET IT BURN!

HealthyTouchProBRONZE Member
18 posts

Posted:
With almost 20 years experience, I can say that there absolutely with out a doubt is an Aura to all living things. That includes our planet earth though not everyone will take the time to look. ubbrollsmile

Namaste everyone weavesmiley
T

Head in hands so much to learn...

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
I don't given there has never been any scientific evidence to demonstrate auras exist and there have been several experiments to test it all of have come up negitive (specificly refrence 14). as well as there are numorus medical conditions such as synaesthesia and even migranes that cause people to see coloured auras around people and objects. so while i beleave some people see auras there not real smile

anyone who disagrees and thinks they do have these powers then congradulations i hardely recomend you vist this website

The One Million Dollar Paranormal Challange

of course as some people have said people who truely have these powers dont use them to make money so why not compleate the challange and then give the money to a worthy charity im sure there are hundreds of worthy causes that could put the money to good use i personaly recomend https://www.wateraid.org.uk/
but of course im not the one with the powers so which ever charity you feel is best, i look forward to hearing all about it biggrin

Side note (unrelated but intresting): people have refered to there been 5 senses in this thread (i.e. the 6th senses) however if you only have 5 sences then you are under equiped see this link https://science.howstuffworks.com/question242.htm

so it is realy your 13th or 14th senses
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1165367290)

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Is it safe to say that everything vibrates? my very basic understanding is that everything has celluar structure, all cells move to a certian degree, and movement causes viberation.

If everything vibrates then everything has an energy.

Viberation gives off energy, therefore the energy is measurable.

Perhaps just not yet measurable in a way that scienticfic tools are able to pick up yet.
Perhaps the energy is only seen with the eyes of people with particular abilitys?

I feel that there is a truth to the question 'does an aura exisit,' but noone here is going to be able to answer it without some kind of doubt from the scientists in our midst or our spiritualists.

No matter what, in my opinion I feel that there are auras to everything on the planet... from the table Im sitting at to the lowest lil baby bug playing in my weedy garden.

There are always exceptions to scientific rules and scientists have to be flexible, whereas it is smarter for people who have abilitys to have them tested, to look for scienticfic explanation before flying into the "oh lordyyyy its spirit" speech...

anyway Im off to do a reading now ubblol

*muah*

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
your sort of right and your on the right track but there are afew bits and bobs your not 100% on which is sending you off the wrong way smile

yes most matter vibrates on an atomic level but it isn't some mistical force it is called heat the hotter an object the faster its particals are vibrateing. objects cooled to absolute zero's atoms have stoped moveing compleatly this is why there is a minimum tempriture. however everything doesnt have cells they are only present in liveing creatures everything does however have atoms. cells dont vibrate they are to big. What vibrates is the atoms that cells are made up of but when you reach the level of a cell the vibrations are almost invisable.

these vibrations do give off energy in several forms look at a fire for example that is giveing light and heat (infrared) both forms of electromagnetic radiation. this energy is very messurable and well understood by science there is nothing magical about it.

our eyes are only capable of seeing a narrow slither of the electromanetic spectrum yes and of coures there will be very minor variations from person to person however you dont need magical powers to see the other forms of energy given off you can use special cammaras that can see other parts of the spectrum such as infrared camraras in which hot objects such as people or a stove appear to glow.

so in that sence yes everything does have an aura resulting from vibrations however there are limits to what you can do with that if you were to say i can tell from someones aura the average excitement and vibrations of the atoms in there body then yes thats perfectly posable.

however if you were to say i can tell from someones aura that they had just broken up with there boy friend or they were thinking about going to america or there mother just died. then that is just rediculus there is no connection between the two. its like saying i can tell you about your day from the density of your bones there not related.

that is not to say readings of this nature are inacurate and never come up with correct information but there is a diffrent force at work than mistical auras. its called body language people give of vast amounts of information about them selfs without even realiseing it by the way they sit and walk ,there tone of voice, the dilation of there pupils, etc. othere pickup on this information without realseing where theyre geting it from. (if you have ever seen derren brown this is the baisis of alot of his tricks) this is how readings of this nature work and that has been shown in experiment after experiment. when people have access to body language they can do readings well buts as soon as that option is removed and they must rely totaly on there aura there abilitys disapear. so when someone says they can read auras what that actualy meen is there experts at reading body language (though they may not even be aware that thats how there doing it)

auras reading as a skill itsn't mistical its very well understood and has been for 100 years. if you can prove me wrong then briliant thats extreamly exciteing news and it will fundimentaly change the way we look at the universe but if your going to make such a huge clame you must be willing to back it up with a practical demonstration. but the fact that as of yet no one has even for a million dollas is very telling. wink
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1165418192)

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
i thought i read someplace that moods affect the energy we give off (EM related)
if that is true, could the aura be related to that frequency

just a thought with no real premise, but an idea none the less

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
thats an intresting proposition people are detecting the EM variations in the brains of other which is manifesting its self as a visable aura

yes diffrent moods effect which part of the brain is been used and the part of the brain been used can be detected useing various methods such as MRI or fMRI however both these require the generation of very very strong electromagnetic feilds and the detection of radio waves. so if the person reading someones aura were detecting brain activeity in this way there would be two problems.

firstly they wouldnt just be able to see people auras they would be able to see radio waves something we can easly test for

secondly they would have to be generating a very very strong magnetic feild. when i say strong i meen if someone were to bring a metal object within 5-6 meters of them it would fly out of there hands fly very fast through the air at the aura reader wink (this is why if you ever have an MRI they will make you remove all metal objects before going near it)

there are simpler methods that give a much less acurate reading of the brain and require less equipment however it would still require the reader to be able to visualy see very very tiny EM feilds and hence pritty much any EM feild would be visable to them we could test for this very simply useing 20 match boxes and a magent we put the magenet in one of the matchboxes then lay them all out on the floor the reader would be able to identify the box with the magnet in every time because it would have an aura where as the others boxes wouldnt (or at the very least would have a clearly diffrent aura). again if aura readers are capable of this trick its very exciteing that would give support to the clame that auras are real and i personaly would be very intrested to hear about it.

so i'll finish with a question for our aura readers do magents have an aura?
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1165424758)

3,556 posts

Posted:
i would say yes...not being a aura focused person i would say whatever a person that is unemotional or unconnected
or maybe some color that we have not seen before

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
faithinfire could you clarify your last post abit im not sure i followed it smile

and good point about mobile phones if they can detect EM from the brain they should be able to tell if a mobile phone or any other peice of eletrical equipment is switch on or off by wether it has an aura as well infact if you can detect EM fields that would be a very cool skill to have would some one who sees auras be up for running some tests?
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1165422017)

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Hypothesis:All living things emit an energy which is detectable by certain humans.

Corollary:Since the energy is emitted, it should be independant of reflected light.

Prediction:An "attuned" person should be able to detect living things in absolute darkness.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
ubbidea infact i've just thought of a very simple test we could do at the next spin meet to find out if someone can see auras we would just need a reader a random volentear and a masive sheet we then hang up the sheet so it covers up to slightly higher than the volentear. because it would only be slightly higher than the volentear the reader would be able to tell where the person was behind the sheat without seeing him because they would see his aura sticking above the sheat then we put the volentear in a random place and get the reader to tell us where he is biggrin it also has the advantage that it should work regardless of what an aura is or how they are perceaveing it

and yer aura readers should be able to find people in absolute darkness that could be a fun one to try

next meet up we should have a sience day biggrin
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1165422468)

HealthyTouchProBRONZE Member
18 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by HealthyTouchPro

Head in hands so much to learn...

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
why this is a forum about wether people beleave in auras we're disgussing auras and experiments to test if they exist or not its on topic and we would like other peoples input espehsaly from people who beleave in them which we wouldnt get in a private message?? whats wrong with that? frown
EDITED_BY: robnunchucks (1165424312)

old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Chill...

meditate

Nobody's attacking anyone else's ideas, this is just a friendly open discussion where all opinions on the subject are welcome (I should know, I started the thread!). smile

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

3,556 posts

Posted:
i was trying to say machines and magnets might have auras that look like
an unemotional person
or a color we haven't seen before

Faith

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
intresting so magnets do have an auras then?

im curious what sort of things have auras its it everything, just liveing creatures, inimimate objects?

if i were to guess i would say its objects and people the reader has a emotional attachement to?

3,556 posts

Posted:
no one
which i know is impossible
it was just a thought, maybe they have auras but we can't see them because they are in a spectrum beyond our sight

Faith

enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
faithinfire can you see auras and if you can what has them??

3,556 posts

Posted:
once in a great while and it was just people who were really upset

Faith

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
robnunchucks dude.
You want the proof with a practical demonstration I shall give you some demonstrations as to what has happened in my life, but I will not go for one million dollars just to prove my abilities… why don’t you come and get a reading from me and then you can see what you think.

First off shall we define what the word aura means …? To me aura is an energy representation of a person’s emotional and physical health (which is not reflected by light…. And yes I can see them when there is no light; I don’t see them with my physical eyes, more of a second sight)

First off I didn’t say that there was anything 'mystical' about vibration. That’s your interpretation about what I have said.
It’s healthy to be sceptical but let’s look at things without the hype and the airy fairy crap around it.

There is no right and no wrong on this planet. I know that’s a big call to make for some people but its something I fundamentally believe in (and if you would like the reasoning behind it feel free to PM me) but because I don’t have a vast knowledge of science doesn’t mean I’m going the wrong way as you put it, could just mean that I’m thinking about things or experiencing life differently from others.

I mean according to science wasn’t the world flat a few hundred years ago? Isnt it great that people expanded thier minds to learn about the truth of the matter... wink

I don’t claim to know all the answers or even if its the auratic field is what I’m seeing around people... If you could explain the spiralling colours that I see around people that would be fantastic. Cause no one has been able to yet.

I have been checked out by the top neurologist in QLD, plus all his lackeys... they couldn’t explain it. I have had every test under the sun, 9 spinal taps to see if I had infections, MRI scans (18 of) cat scans (over 20), with and without contrasting dye. I have had my eyes tested, been tested for epilepsy, for autism, you name the condition I would have been tested for it. They have done an Australian wide case study on me.
I have been to psychologists, and psychiatrists, had all sorts of ‘are you crazy’ tests and every single one of them say I’m a mighty normal human being with a very unexplainable ability.

My medical file is about 5 inches thick.

If you could explain to me how I knew a complete stranger on the street was about to collapse because his 'colours' went all 'brown' that would be interesting.

In answer to your question does everything have an aura? I will again say yes…. Check out the answer I posted and my opinion is stated clearly that I believe everything has an aura…the auras will be extremely different, (due to the physical makeup plus taking into account the emotional aspect of a living being that will influence the aura) but the aura will be there.

I’m not saying that science is wrong or spiritualism is wrong… I’m saying that there is the strong possibility of truth in both of them regarding this type of matter and I really do feel that people of the scientific persuasion need to perhaps allow their minds to be opened up to allow other possibilities in, because there will be things out there that are unable to be explained by anyone.

I get frustrated that some people who are in the scientific mindset have this black and white layout when it comes to spiritual beliefs. I mean are the egos of these people that big that they believe they have all the answers? Do they think that they are that aware of all that is that they have the authority to pooh everyone’s beliefs with a simple “ah yes but your good at reading body language so that must be it.”

I so don’t agree with that.

If I’m good at reading body language why is it I can read for people that I have never met or even seen and only have their dates of birth and first name. How can I tell a stranger via a phone call about their auntie that passed away 27 years ago in Scotland (where I have never visited) and how she is laughing because she left something buried in the garden that they never found? (Even though her family dug up the garden… they just didn’t dig deep enough because the marker stone had been moved)

How did I know these things? I would love to have some kind of answers because some of the stuff I know about or see can be so upsetting and confronting at times.

Like the time I dreamed of my nana passing and saw her in the hospital, and then 6 weeks later she is put into hospital and I am almost bought to my knees when I walk in because she is wearing the same nightie, in the same bed, next to the same window, with the same white orchid on her dressing table, and my poppa is standing next to her holding her hand JUST like in my dream.
Yes just like in my dream she passed over.

I have a belief that science and spiritualism go hand in hand. Yes there are things that science can explain that some hysterical or fanatical spiritualists claim are ‘spirit’ orbs in photos, or that they converse with Princess Diana and are actually schizophrenic, or that they can plunge their hands into peoples bodies and pull out their cancer.

Those kind of claims are not fair to people and are in my opinion ridiculous and sound crazy.

To claim that science is able to answer ALL questions that the aura or spirit field can throw up is a very big call in itself…. And I don’t believe that’s something that’s able to be done….

This post may be a bit off topic but seriously I needed to just be straight up with some of the things that were spoken about.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Page: ...