Forums > Social Chat > What has it done for you???

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Bish mentioned in one of his posts how much he has grown in the past year and a half, partially due to spinning.I have been wondering, if spinning or adding yourself to this board has changed you and if so how????I, myself am going to have to think on this before I can answer fully, though I do know what changes I have undergone have been good. cool------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I have found my center. That little world we all enter when the moves link up right and the music is fresh and you couldn't possibly see yourself doing anything else, when you smile for no reason and you regain that child-like invincibilityI find no greater peace than when i am surrounded by these spinning strings cool------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Oh Hooray! Pele starts thee best threads! Just when the Wellington wind and hostel life was getting me down, all of the firedancers who share their hearts, pick me up again... Spinning picks me up, and if there's a cyclone outside, like there is now, and no space to spin inside, I think about it in my head...I put on my walkman, and flow through the moves...My heart is slowly but surely healing with every circle, every spiral. There is true love. Much love and fire spirit to you all... Faerie Firebell....

Moonbeammember
6 posts

Posted:
Although a relative new commer to fire-twrilin, I've been surrounded by it since I was about 15. I've always been amazed by the way it draws me in, it's so mesmorizing. It takes me to places within myself that only my imagination can dream of and leaves me be until the night runs out and I return to reality. For me, this and the idea of belonging to a collective group with a similar interest but still being able to express my uniqueness and individualtity is what's got me hooked. I'm yet to see any physical chnges but I'm sure if you looked upon my mind you'd see that it had grown, that my lonlieness was slowly being beaten back and that I've learnt more about myself twirling than anything else I've ever done. Anyway, those are just some of my thoughts on the matter... sorry to bore you all...

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Moonbeam,I've been meaning to respond to this topic for ages but just haven't had time. You've said exactly what I wanted to say. Thank you for expressing it so well. smileI wasn't even a little bit bored! wink

Page: