Forums > Social Chat > Glow Poi and UFO Sightings

Login/Join to Participate

Josie-PosieBRONZE Member
82 posts

Posted:
YYesterday I got my first pair of glow poi. So me and Tom (my boyfriend) decided to go to the common and try them out once it was dark. Off we went with poi and camera so we could see if we could get some funky pictures for my gallery. After a while we realised that as we were both dressed quite dark anyone on the road or path would only be able to see the spinning balls of light and started joking maybe they would think they were UFO's. Today i'm wondering how often they have been reported as some of the footage you see on those rubbish TV shows does look a bit like poi! ubbidea What do you think, are poisters a major source of UFO sightings? ubblol

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
maybe to children, the elderly, and the mentally disabled, but anyone with a thought processing device (a brain) i wouldnt have thought so. wink

You'll find me on the dance floor

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
oh, lets not forget those who are [censored] off there face on drugs.

so maybe you are right, thats quite a percentage of the population ive just mentioned. its clear that you are correct.

You'll find me on the dance floor

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
*smiles, nods and leaves thred quietly*

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Josie-PosieBRONZE Member
82 posts

Posted:
well that proves it then... does anyone sane actually claim to see them?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
i see UFO's all the time. until I can call them IFO's my eyesights so bad i often see UWO (unidentified walking objects) until i get close to them ubbloco

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
josie, I cant even claim to know any sane people.....

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ditto (hope i'm not counted in that ubblol wave)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

HeadSwimGOLD Member
...curiously lost
580 posts

Posted:
Once (upon a time...) when i was spinning on top of a hill in a local park 2 very pissed individuals stumbled out of the bushes gasping in awe at me. Turns out they had though my Poi were UFO's and had raced from the nearest road to the hill in the dark through all the thorny bushes to see them before they "took off". Needless to say I couldn't spin for about half an hour through laughing my ass off at them! biggrin

Nothing is easy.......until you can do it! biggrin

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I would have laughed my ass off too!
ubblol
(of coarse you are Mynci!)

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Sane people... who needs them. I suppose is you are doing a buttetfly over your head then they do look a bit like UFOs but then thats pushing it... I wonder what they'd been taking. ubbloco I'd probably never be able to look them in the eye again without peeing myself with laughter. Nicely done

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Maybie from a distance, someone should test this out...o just go home and drink some beer and leave your friend spinning lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

rita queen of cheesemember
84 posts

Posted:
i think that could well bw the case. i havent been doing poi for that long and i saw footage of my friend spinning fire poi, and now i look back on it, they did look at a bit like ufo's at a glance

mmmm..... me 250 characters, bubbly, loud n i luv cheese, not quite 250 characters but hey who cares