Forums > Meet Others > Poi People in London and South of England

Login/Join to Participate

Trance-KittenBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
Hi peeps, I'm a Poi newby - long time fan, but very recent beginner. I want to meet people who I can learn from, other newbies I can practice and make mistakes with, and in general have fun. I was thinking of organising a big Poi meet on one of londons commons or something, or perhaps just a couple of us if the uptake isn't that great.

Is any one out there interested?

Mxxx

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I think a lot of people would be interested, but you're possibly a few years too late. The [Old link] has had over 100 people in attendance over the past few summers. There's plenty of other stuff going on in London already, if you check out the events forum of the board.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'm sure you'll find lots if you look in the events forum. Lots of meets going on all the time. Brighton, Clapham, Spillatfields Market, Southampton, Bournemouth to name a few

smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

5 posts

Posted:
Excellent - I had no idea that so much was going on. Can't wait to actually start attending some of these workshops, etc.

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
i like your name my friend has a kitten called trance and i call it trance kitten lol! i'm up for coming to london to spin i need to learn new stuff to lol!!!

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
don't forget guildford! biggrin

welcome to hop miss kitten, thought i'd pop in and say hello seeing as i'm living down the road in cobham at the moment...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

5 posts

Posted:
Hi all, well looks like we've got a few up for spinning! I now want a kitten called trance now!! My last cat was called QuiGon (star wars fan) but I had to give him away hen I moved house. :o(

And it's nice to see someone local to me too - Everyone seems to be in Brighton!!

Started practicing again now, as unfortunatly the day after my last post, a pretty much cut my finger off so couldn't practice, but now the stitches are out and dressings are off, so yesterday I had another go, and can you beleive it, I managed to do a butterfly. Yay! All I need to work out now is how to go into it from a forward swing without knocking myself out......

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
ditto what Dub Said...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

ahhmaymember
42 posts

Posted:
come to spitz on tuesday night from 6-10!

5 posts

Posted:
was planning on popping down tonight, but I'm not sure I can make it now. If not will definately be there next week though.

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
CAMBRIDGE!!!! WE ROCK!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
YEAH!!! (disclaimer: if the other people in Cambridge could actually be arsed to get down to a meet. Or even anyone from the surrounding area. Oh come on you bloody poiple, we know you're out there)

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"but I had to give him away hen I moved house" Was your car not big enough? / Was your cat too big?

and..

"6-10"
Thats what I used to do...then wondered why NOONE turned up until 7. then I realised that was when it actually started. It starts at 7. A few people goto 1001 on brick lane first beforehand though.

smile

5 posts

Posted:
Bless him - I lived with my gran in a rented house, and when she passed away I wasn't allowed to stay, so had to quickly move into where ever I could, and I wasn't allowed him in my new flat. I still miss him....ahhhh.