che101newbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hey, just started fire twirling, not that good wanna learn though anyone in brisbane that can teach me. thanks guys che x

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
[Old link] and Moonfests

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

che101newbie
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks. On mondays are there people of all levels or just the advanced, cause i would hate to go there and make a dick of myself.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
HI che !!
welcome

Monday Night at the Piazza is totally open welcoming all levels friendly approachable and the place to be if you want to learn twirling in Brisvegas...

We don't light up but there's lots of people with all sorts of toys to share, and lots of space and inspiration. It's not like you have to 'perform' at all. Every week there are new people and lots of people who are here on HoP.

You can just watch, or have a go, or ask anyone you want for tips about how to do things...I've never seen a single person say no or be rude!
It's all very wave welcome grouphug wavehello clap sunny peace ubblove

Have a look at Ry's photo gallery and you will see photos of Sureau, me, Ry, Michael, Kyle, Phaerie who go just about every week.

*say hello everyone!*

Moonfest is definitely a fire night, a lot of the same crew as go on Mondays. Next one is 20th August. If you come to the Monday nights between now and then you'll have a great time cos you will have met lots of people and feel confident and all that....

See you then!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
when we where in brissy we found the folks to be very lovely and welcoming. its more about sharing than competing smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

LiannaBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
Hi. Peninsula Pyros is a newly formed group (slowly growing for the last year) We meet at Suttons beach Redcliffe, northern end in front of surf club. Every first saturday in the month, next meet is sat 6th Aug. start when dark. I have a quite a few starter twirlers and you are more than welcome to come along. There is always some one to show you something, then all it takes frombeing shown something is practise which is why we meet, we practise and have fun so absolutely no judging, we all drop our sticks and wack ourselves in the head (even when performing,ooopss!).
Lianna
You will find this event in events and I will post up each month when on.

In the element of fire shall we play.

45YLMnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Also a newbie from Brisbane here, would love to meet up and see what sort of scene we have here in Bris-Vegas.

My name is Peter, 23, (45YLM is the number plate on my car it means Asylum, cause everyone says i belong in one) been interested for a while only started a few months ago, keen to get out there are there any more events or weeklies happening at all??

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
well 45YLM if you come to the ones mentioned above in this thread that will be a good start... that would give you one night a week and two monthly events... if there are other jams/parties etc happening then peeps at Monday Night, Moonfest or Lianna's new event would be talking about them...
See you there... welcome

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

HOP Newsletter