Crimson_FyreBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
I finally made it down to Firejam in Portland, OR this last Sunday.

All I had was my friend's full length fire-staff and a lot of determination. (The two main things you need right?)

Anyways, I show up with my friend, he heads over to the drum circle right off, leaving me by myself with a staff in the presence of pro spinners and a lot of talent.

I watch a little, then go over to the fueling station. I have no fuel, which is kind of hard to perform without. So I turn to a guy who looks like he knows what he's doing, and I ask him if I can please use some of his. Little did I know, I was talking to Frederick the Reckless, leader of Fire and Steel.
He says it's ok, gives me a couple tips, and I wait in line.

My first performance was the best I have ever done! I pulled all my tricks no prob and got so full of adrenaline I could hardly stand afterwards. After that I did a couple more burns, the second one was below par but I did ok the third run.

I got some pics of all three performances, during the second one I had another staff come and join me. That was rad. I made a lot of friends there. And now I'm working on becoming worthy of joining a pro troupe. (I HAVE been traing for 2 years now)

Firejam was AWESOME. I'm Totally gonna try to make it there again. I'm also gonna try to get at least one of my pics on here.^^

I'm not strange... I'm just not like you.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yaaaay how wonderful!
your post is full of joy!
you are very lucky to be good at something you love!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
that's a great story! You sound like you're on top of the world. Congrats.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.