Forums > Social Chat > "Now Playing" forum pic

Login/Join to Participate

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
BIG MOMENT... I upgraded my script so it outputs a png that can be used in forum sigs... like this...

Non-Https Image Link

So, anyway... any suggestions?

--original post--

there is a plugin for winamp that allows you to ftp a file to your website, noting what track you are currently playing. it supports templates to show the info how you want too...

Now Playing Plugin

now i wanted to make a template with some added functionality, so I created one that displays the basic info, as well as ripping the album cover from amazon and giving a button to search shoutcast for the track.

Stand Alone Example

WordPress integrated

so, here's what I'd like to know:

1) how does it look.

2) should the shoutcast button stay or be replaced... and by what... rhapsody, itunes, ed2k?

3) general comments and suggestions

i originally asked for a review on coding forums, but no one there responded... so i'm asking my happy firey compatriots.

slaite: beerchug

p.s. the red bar that says last played turns green and says now playing when i'm using winamp

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

342 posts

Posted:
UPDATE ^^^look at pretty piccy

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
um i'm not sure if it's viewable on smelly australian computers.
and i'm not sure if the online world is ready to know how much i love ambient/psy...
one person's treasure is another's trash smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

342 posts

Posted:
i like ambient.

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
looks alright. i'd probably change the colours to look more to my taste.

Do we sleep when we die?

342 posts

Posted:
what color changes would you suggest?

i agree that the red looks a bit odd, but thats supposed to be the color to tell you i'm not playing anything at the moment... it goes green when i'm playing... suggesting other ways to do this is welcome

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
This may sound over critical i know, i appologise in advance smile

first of all, whats the point, and why does the average person browsing these forums want to know what you're listening to?

secondly, as the filename doesn't change, a lot of people who access through web caches will get a cached copy that doesn't change/update. Those who do will be downloading it each time they see it. 20k takes several seconds for modem users, which is just plain annoying