Forums > Social Chat > highly emotional! tissues wanted!

Login/Join to Participate

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I know I can't be the only one who gets deeply moved by certain songs or scenes from a movie, or hearing a sad story.
When someone gets angry at me I never shout back, my water works turn themselves on and I feel hurt and shocked that they're angry.
I suppose i'm a cry baby but is that a bad thing?
redface

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

StephenMmember
34 posts

Posted:
Not at all, it's better to me in touch with your emotions, if you didnt cry you would have to vent it some other way, and that could turn out nasty, as a guy, its been inbred into me not to cry, and i find it very hard to cry now, even at the most emotional times. So think yourself lucky, and next time your crying, make sure to have a wee cry for me smile

Tears of joy are also crying, get some of them in there.

wooooooooo

Edit : I did actually cry last week, i sent a dear friend a song, and we played it at the same time and i had a total special moment, and burst out in tears of happiness!
EDITED_BY: StephenM (1121957623)

You became the light on the dark side of me...

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
what's worse is when I try to hide it and my eyes burn and my lip hurts (as i'm biting it to stop it quivering)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
hormones smile they rock

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Yes come to think about it, the painters are in at the moment haha mistery solved!

StephenMmember
34 posts

Posted:
See when you said the painters were in at the moment in another thread, i was gonna crack a joke, but you phrased so i thought you maybe had proper painters in, so i didnt, bah . lol

You became the light on the dark side of me...

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I feel better after a wee cry yday anyhoo x

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
My painters are in too, hehe. Had a huge row with boyfriend this morning because I was getting irritated about him taking ages in the bathroom, then he said something that really upset me and made me ubbcrying before he went to work because I thought I must have really hurt his feelings for him to say something so mean... then he called to find out why I was so upset and I told him, turns out I took it completely the wrong way and thought he was really angry and mean to me when he wasn't at all.

Now I feel guilty about getting so upset in the first place! Bloody hormones...

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I always get called pathetic or hormonal when I cry in front of my partner, be it hormonal or not!

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I find that I cry when I get really really angry. Tears for sadness I can control, but not tears of anger. I suppose it's good in a way beacause it stops me from shouting or lashing out,but it also makes me angrier that I cry at all, especially because once you start to cry you are not taken seriously, which doesnt help if you are having a heated discussion.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I find tears of frustration the worst, you know, when you feel helpless and there's nothing left you can do except cry and cry and cry because life is so unfair.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
yep...anger/frustration = massive tears (generally after i have run away to hide myself) but i actually find it pretty hard to cry when i'm sad. guess i just got wired wrong smile

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: squarexedge

yep...anger/frustration = massive tears (generally after i have run away to hide myself) but i actually find it pretty hard to cry when i'm sad. guess i just got wired wrong smile

everyone reacts differently, you're not wired wrong at all!
My father's gf of 20years died last week but I felt nothing. not even shame for not feeling anything. I was indifferent. Well, seeing as she was the woman who stole my dad away from my childhood memories I should hate her, but I didn't. very confused at my reaction to her death, normally i'm very loving!