• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Forums > Social Chat > highly emotional! tissues wanted!

Login/Join to Participate

TinklePants
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

TinklePants

Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator

Total posts: 4217
Posted:I know I can't be the only one who gets deeply moved by certain songs or scenes from a movie, or hearing a sad story.
When someone gets angry at me I never shout back, my water works turn themselves on and I feel hurt and shocked that they're angry.
I suppose i'm a cry baby but is that a bad thing?
redface

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Delete Topic

StephenM

StephenM

Total posts: 34
Posted:Not at all, it's better to me in touch with your emotions, if you didnt cry you would have to vent it some other way, and that could turn out nasty, as a guy, its been inbred into me not to cry, and i find it very hard to cry now, even at the most emotional times. So think yourself lucky, and next time your crying, make sure to have a wee cry for me smile

Tears of joy are also crying, get some of them in there.

wooooooooo

Edit : I did actually cry last week, i sent a dear friend a song, and we played it at the same time and i had a total special moment, and burst out in tears of happiness!

EDITED_BY: StephenM (1121957623)

You became the light on the dark side of me...

Delete

TinklePants

TinklePants

Posted:what's worse is when I try to hide it and my eyes burn and my lip hurts (as i'm biting it to stop it quivering)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Delete

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:hormones smile they rock

Delete

TinklePants

TinklePants

Posted:Yes come to think about it, the painters are in at the moment haha mistery solved!

Delete

StephenM

StephenM

Total posts: 34
Posted:See when you said the painters were in at the moment in another thread, i was gonna crack a joke, but you phrased so i thought you maybe had proper painters in, so i didnt, bah . lol

You became the light on the dark side of me...

Delete

TinklePants

TinklePants

Posted:I feel better after a wee cry yday anyhoo x

Delete

The Tea Fairy
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

The Tea Fairy

old hand

Total posts: 853
Posted:My painters are in too, hehe. Had a huge row with boyfriend this morning because I was getting irritated about him taking ages in the bathroom, then he said something that really upset me and made me ubbcrying before he went to work because I thought I must have really hurt his feelings for him to say something so mean... then he called to find out why I was so upset and I told him, turns out I took it completely the wrong way and thought he was really angry and mean to me when he wasn't at all.

Now I feel guilty about getting so upset in the first place! Bloody hormones...

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Delete

TinklePants

TinklePants

Posted:I always get called pathetic or hormonal when I cry in front of my partner, be it hormonal or not!

Delete

blu_valley
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Total posts: 197
Posted:I find that I cry when I get really really angry. Tears for sadness I can control, but not tears of anger. I suppose it's good in a way beacause it stops me from shouting or lashing out,but it also makes me angrier that I cry at all, especially because once you start to cry you are not taken seriously, which doesnt help if you are having a heated discussion.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

The Tea Fairy
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

The Tea Fairy

old hand

Total posts: 853
Posted:I find tears of frustration the worst, you know, when you feel helpless and there's nothing left you can do except cry and cry and cry because life is so unfair.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Delete

squarexbear
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

squarexbear

....of doom!

Total posts: 585
Posted:yep...anger/frustration = massive tears (generally after i have run away to hide myself) but i actually find it pretty hard to cry when i'm sad. guess i just got wired wrong smile

Delete

TinklePants

TinklePants

Posted:Written by: squarexedge

yep...anger/frustration = massive tears (generally after i have run away to hide myself) but i actually find it pretty hard to cry when i'm sad. guess i just got wired wrong smile

everyone reacts differently, you're not wired wrong at all!
My father's gf of 20years died last week but I felt nothing. not even shame for not feeling anything. I was indifferent. Well, seeing as she was the woman who stole my dad away from my childhood memories I should hate her, but I didn't. very confused at my reaction to her death, normally i'm very loving!

Delete