Forums > Social Chat > What gets wetter as it dries?

Login/Join to Participate

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
A towel.

Ok Ok, we all knew that, but answer THIS one.

What twirling-related issue do we get WORSE at, as we practice firetwirling?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Saftey?...I've seen people start off with fire all wrapped up and careful and gradually get more lax the more they do it til their hair catches alight.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
beat me to it...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
as yet I haven't set myself on fire. but I always wear a hat even if i'm sweating buckets

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
And the answer is.... your sensitivity to the smell of kero. Think about it, when you first started twirling, kero reeked so badly. After a while you become almost immune to it and hardly notice it, which is pretty funny because you could be walking around smelling like kero all the time and you wouldn't know.

Some people might get worse at safety, but i reckon i've gotten a lot better. When i started twirling i would always stuff up and the staff would go flying off. I'd usually hit my face so much i'd get soot all over it. Oh and instead of trying to do slow, difficult moves, the name of the game was to uncontrollably hurtle the staff around as fast as possible.

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
I've noticed and started to correct trying to keep the flames further away from myself than I do unlit staff ends, on the ladt burn I did. #Waitts# Last night actually. #Grins happily#

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.