Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > London venue suggestions for fire walking event?

Login/Join to Participate

sssaraBRONZE Member

Posted:
Does anyone know of any pubs (or venues) in London I could hold a charity fire walking event.

It needs to have:
- aroom that can be used to brief around 30 people for 2 hours. Once training has commenced, no access will be allowed to members of the pblic, i.e a curtained off area of a public bar isn't suitable
- an outdoor area for a fire bed which needs to be level and at least 30ft by 30ft.
We'd like the event to happen in october

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Sara

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
would you be from the same company that already organises charity fire walks at mudchute farm in the docklands? If not, there smile

sssaraBRONZE Member

Posted:
No I work for an animal charity and to my knowledge this is the first charity fire walk we've ever attempted so thank for that!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I assume you're having a company organise it for you? The farm at mudchute has been used as a venue for Phoenix House's firewalks in the past. There's a field, an indoor centre etc. I have some photos somewhere

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
There is company which Phoenix House used, to my memory it's called something like 'Blaze Events'. They do such things up and down the country (the day I did my firewalk I think the trainer said there was 5 others happening on the same day).

I did my walk at Mudchute Farm, as flid has mentioned. A collegue at work did hers at the Windmill Pub @ Clapham Common.

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.