Forums > Help! > Where can I buy...........

Login/Join to Participate

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Hey, i was wondering if anyone knows places that sell fireproof bags similar to those for staff but for poi, as when i've finished spinning my poi are far to hot to put in a normal bag as i've melted one or two!!! redface

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Best plan is to let them cool down a wee while smile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
I know thats the sensible answer, but i'm one of those annoying impatient people. lol

biggrin

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
you're after heatproof really, not fireproof.

Sail canvas might do it. Don't use anything synthetic as it'll melt.

Still, it really would be best to wait for them to cool - is it _that_ much of a problem?

just spin them uplit and empty of fule for a bit and pack up the rest of your kit and the poi last.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
you should really make sure it cools, it's a fire hazard if not.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Or dunk them back in the paraffin?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
firetoys.co.uk used to carry poi bags of that description, but I think they were discontinued, as I can't seem to find them under "bags and clothing"

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Well a fire (or heat proof) bag is an excuse to buy more poi related things, people like having equipment for there hobbies regardless wheather they NEED them or not. Bet half of you guys have loads of fire spinning related gadgets, bags, usefull things in a speacial place in a cupbored , probably kept in speacial boxes in speacial corners of your rooms haha.

Maybie you should try searching for a heat proof bag thats poi size, but not specificly used for fire poi.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Have a dunking container that you can carry your poi in as well. We use a small metal bucket.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Maybe you could sew a bag out of an old fire blanket, or at the very least, thick denim coated with fire-retardant spray shrug

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
you'll still have the issue of heat. I've burnt myself before (not badly) from poi put in my backback without cooling properly.

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys maybe i should of explained better, my fire poi aint the greatest in the world an take a very long time to cool down, and yes i love buying as much equipment as i can. I like the small metal bucket idea.

Cheers again hug

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
I use an ex-army ammo case for carrying mine around. it's metal and totally airtight, being designed for carriying live ammunition and all. Very handy. Maybe not too wise to be spotted with one in these days of paranoia of terrorism though...could easily be misinterpreted.

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
You could paint it a bright colour, then no one would think its milatery or something, jazz it up with a stencil hehe

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Maybe not too wise to be spotted with one in these days of paranoia of terrorism though

nah, we were caught last year by london underground security at london bridge carrying a 14th century replica sword, they didn't care wink

ZauberdachSometimes sword wofter
199 posts

Posted:
hello, we sell Fire poi bags at tepooka smile They're made of thick double lined hessein fabric on the inside which is excellent and heat resistant. If you're interested drop me an email at toys@tepooka.org

IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of a sane person.

"just get the f**k on with it and make me the anti-christ already!"

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I'm a little confused though... I often put my poi straight from a burn into a pair of socks, then just stick them in my bag or whatever... I've never had a problem, been burnt by them or knackered my bag... perhaps I'm just lucky?

They're really old socks though, the bacteria in them's probably evolved its own microscopic fire brigade by now..

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau