Forums > Social Chat > Long distance learning... with webcams!

Login/Join to Participate

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
so has anyone used webcams to teach other spinners tricks or to give advice on technique? biggrin

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im assuming the framerate wouldnt be too hot on a webcam which would be a draw back..
The screen size..oh wait. msn messenger can have full screen webcam pictures smile

Try that.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Nope..but then my teaching ability is pretty damn poor....and my learning ability *shrugs*

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
nope...

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
my staff is too big to spin inside

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I whacked the lamp shade the other day.
It snowed inside... never seen so much dust.
The lamp shade is in the bin now (well you try cleaning a paper shade-you end up with a wire frame and a pile of pulp on the floor)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've not used a webcam for spreading poi around, but I've had a number of webcam conversations with Mech about balloon animals. It actually works quite well.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
its too jerky to work

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!