Page:
LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
i think it is maryland that this dude is sniping off all these people!!!
and i read that he left behind a tarot death card!!!

Your views pleze!!!

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Umm I heard it was just a card, then again I get all my news a day behind. The AFN isnt to current and unfortunalty thats all I gots.

Yes it is a tragidy, I dont suspect that they will catch the guy. Knowing the sniper rifles that we have you could be almost a mile away and put a 7.62 mm round through a quarter (25 cent piece). This guy is probably a good distance away.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Feemember
80 posts

Posted:
according to last nights news it was a tarot card (they werent specific) that said something like "i am god"

Why do you like to confuse me so?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Shocking thing. And also such an insecure person. The actions are so detached from people as human beings (the physical distance from them, the random choice). It is almost as though he/she could never do this if they were close to people, they only retain power by being detached from them. And the sad statement "I am God". I would not believe in any God so detached from living things, so determined to not be near so that no compassion can be shown.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
He doesn't sound very insecure, in fact he sounds like he has quite a high opinion of himself. It sounds as if he feels that it is his not only his duty but his right to kill people. As Mr. Phule pointed out, I doubt that it is very likely that they'll catch him anytime soon.

I'll bet he's a psycho ex-marine
*Sickpuppy ducks before Raymond Phule starts throwing things*

Jesus helps me trick people.

536 posts

Posted:
it was a tarot card...i got the Death card part from "yahoo.com" it posted up there.....
it proly is an phsyco ex-marine....
uh-ohh!!!.....
*lunchbox barley dodges a gravy dish as it whirls through the air*

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Curious about this. It has certainly become an accepted theory in recent times that the kind of person who commits these crimes is suffering from low self esteem. That they have no control over their own lives, and therefore feel a need to exert power over others in a dramatic way. However recent studies of some convicted felons have shown that they have very high self-esteem. They think they have a right to do anything, cos they are who they are.

What do you think? High or low self-esteem?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

536 posts

Posted:
it's difficult to tell but it could be both...
Low coz he is hating someone or something
high coz he thinks he can get away with it....
..... ya know

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
my response is:
meh, everyone dies..
two people died while i was typing that.
no it's not cool that someone's doing the kiling, but killing is natural to begin with.
sounds like the guy just doesn't give a fuck.
don't worry, this is miniscule compared to the shit that's about to hit the fan in the states.
goooo team apocolypse!!!
thanks america *pat on the back to george bush*

orangu-funking-tan

2,905 posts

Posted:
The "I am god" part could be two sided. If you have ever seen the movie "Navy Seals" the designated shooter/sniper for the team had the handle "god". This guy could be living out a movie (in his own mind). Also if you look at the targets the entrance/exit point, the majority of the victims were shot in the back.

I would be willing to bet (though I have not heard) that the shots were from high to low, very high to low. A very steep angle. That would suggest that the shooter was very close to the target.

I would also be willing to bet that the shooter is male. Though I would not put it past a female to do it, the randomness of the targets. I would think that the shooter enjoys first person shooter games.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I don't know too much about the story (have missed the paper for the last few days), but illuminaryfairy, you should really watch what you say. Dying is natural but being shot is not. To dismiss the actions of a killer like that is quite oblique and very, very offensive. Who knows...a victim could be closely related to someone on this board.

Sorry if I am the only one that feels this way, but I felt I had to say this.

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
no, being shot is definately not natural.
but death itself is.
i said it wasn't cool what the dude was doing, and i surely don't condone it. as for dismissing it, i'm just a tad frusterated with how people treat these things. "omg 2 people died" people die, that's what we do. and if you're going to make a big deal about a few people dying, then why aren't you making one about everyone that's dying, not to mention being tortured, raped, abused right now?

and i'm not about to pretend i feel any pity for a relative of someone that died. a close friend of mine died just 2 weeks ago in a car accident. i don't pity anyone, and i don't see the point of anyone pitying me. we live, we die.
i was just trying to state that death isn't a horrible thing. it's just the next phase (or the first one, who knows)

why fear death and treat it as something tragic when it's far from it. i could get into the politics behind all this, but i'm far too tired to type that much.

orangu-funking-tan

swiftythefireguymember
61 posts

Posted:
it's funny stories like this remind us of our own mortality but why do we fear death ? paddy i agree with your point about this psycho and he must be stopped but something tells me it may be awhile before that happens the authorities know nothing about this guy.. er person for all we know it is osama himself or it could just be some kid who was picked on one two many times . all one can do these days is be truthfull to one another . Remeber "iam" and the truth will never be far away

dont ever ask me whta time it is ?where are we? or are we there yet? because the time is now!we here !and we wil never be there !

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
He's an EXCELLENT marksman. Nine shots, all hits, seven deaths, never more than one bullet at a time.

He's either military, cop, or Al-Qaeda trained. Seems like Al-Qaeda is getting less likely, though.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

884 posts

Posted:
thanks for clearing that up, illuminryfairy...
makes a lot more sense, even though I still don't fully agree with you. 'tis just that from your original post I thought you were trying to say "who cares that people are getting shot," which I don't agree with at all.

Eeither way, sorry to jump on you like that.

It's an interesting view you have. I agree that you can't make a giant deal over every death that takes place...there just isn't the time. In my opinion, however, making a big deal over a few deaths, especially needless ones, is a way of showing that we would lament every death if we had the time.

I also agree with you that death is a transition and doesn't need to be a horrible thing. However, not everyone sees it that way, and pity I have is out of respect for the people that are alive to suffer with the loss. I think that's why people are able to lament the death of total strangers...it's more out of compassion for the stranger's living relations than true sadness for the loss of that stranger.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Another awful tragedy in which a messed up individual is fuelled by his personal issues, exagertated by a society addicted to guns and selfishness.

Why can you buy sniper rifles in the US? Is it really for self defense? "There's a thief in the house! It's OK, I've got a sniper rifle. As long as he's 300 yards away I'll get him!" Why aren't people in the streets demanding gun laws be changed. Oh, they are.

I'd be surprised if there aren't currently people planning movies about it, hoping for an exciting ending.

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
Although i'm not american i have been following the story and i am slightly agreed with you iluminaryfaerie but i don't think it's the action of death that is the issue here seven people have died (as far as i know) but hundreds of thousands are scared. It could be a toddler on his way home from kindergarten (right word?) next or the toddler's parent. This is what from my outside opinion is what is the key to the problem.

Maybe it is not the fact that this man,i'm with you on the male theory Mr Phule, is thinking his gdliness is because he can control when death occurs but he can scare an entire area of the United states of America.

As with the self esteem thing i think this man is collected and not about how good he feels about himself bit he is planning and calm. After causing so many deaths many murderers (i would have thought) become cheeky and perhaps take bidgger risks. This man keeps the same pattern everytime. easy escape route, freeway nearby etc.

I have been learning a little about the american constiution at college recently and realised that every American has the right to own a gun. Well fuck me if that is not a bit dated cos that's the source of so many problems. Surely this could be reviewed. Licencing or something?
*takes his detective hat off and thinks for a little while*

x Tennis x

My cat's breath smells like catfood

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
What's interesting about this sniper is that he is succesfullyachieving a breakdown in the safety people feel going when going about their daily lives, and he is making a mockery of the officials and the media. When a police official on a US TV channel commented on how bad things would be if the threat extended into targeting children in the schools, the next day he went out and shot a boy outside his school ,leaving the tarot card "Hello Policemen, I am God". After this event an FBI agent commented that the sniper is not trying to demonstrate his marksmanship because he is shooting the body, rather than the head. Again, the next day the sniper goes out and kills with a head shot. The pattern emerges and it appears that even a media black out might be appropriate.

This man is not discriminating against anyone in particular as his target, he's using this most common mm round in America which makes it even harder to track down the rifle, and he's going to get away with it. With that there's a chance the Americans will arrest someone who lives nearby who fits the bill so that justice can be seen to be done. My prediction from this? The sniper will kill the day after this man has been arrested. Why? To make even more of a mockery of the system he is trying to bring down.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

2,905 posts

Posted:
Dom you put a scope on a 30 .6 and you have a high powered high caliber sniper rifle! You put a scope on a .22 and you have a low powered low caliber sniper rifle! when you think about it a 7.62 round that we use are all of 2 mmm or so bigger than a 22 round.

And I love you played it of as
quote:
Why can you buy sniper rifles in the US? Is it really for self defense? "There's a thief in the house! It's OK, I've got a sniper rifle. As long as he's 300 yards away I'll get him!" Why aren't people in the streets demanding gun laws be changed. Oh, they are.

Dom, something you need to know, we as Americans have the right to bare arms. To have guns, knives, swords you name it we can leagly get it. Even if it takes a colectors licence. You cant take that right away. Your gun laws that your so in favor of (why you give a rats ass what happens outside of your own country I have no idea) can only make things harder for leagle and lagitimate gun owners. You cant punish the innocent Dom.

Tennis, there is licencing, it doesnt mean however that a weapon can not be purchased illeagly. With that there is no licence.

[ 12 October 2002, 13:27: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

884 posts

Posted:
Hmmm...I don't think I'd consider not being able to own a gun a "punishment," per se.

//Edit: I wrote some more but decided I didn't know enough about the american gun laws to make those comments.//

[ 12 October 2002, 14:07: Message edited by: Paddy ]

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Raymund Phule:
Your gun laws that your so in favor of *snip* can only make things harder for leagle and lagitimate gun owners. You cant punish the innocent Dom.

I don't really want to get into a debate about gun laws I don't fully understand, but isn't it being rather selfish for gun collectors to want it easy to add to their collection, instead of wanting to save the lives of the many people mown down for no apparent reason?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Deepmember
68 posts

Posted:

this bastard has everyone just where he wants them and nothing anybody is doing/can do is gonna change that. "dear policeman, I am God"...
probally setting himself up for some totally convinsing insanity plee at trial when they catch and burn the f****r.
I dont live in America but I've been watching from my safe distance and laughing. Laughing because the one hindrance (sp) of the police in catching "f****r" is that the media are involved. The chief of police has asked the media politely to GET BACK and let the police do their JOB and it's been proved "statisticly" that the media interference (sp) has screwed the police investigation!! STILL the media swamp the crime scenes and police headquarters, fueling the killers ego rush and at the same time reducing the possibility that someone could come forward with useful information. Soo many theories flying around and nobody seems to see what an effect they are having, for example I saw some American Psychologist state as if it was fact that the killer was going to be a white, mentally disturbed, middle class nutter.
I won't walk into this, he probally will be, but what if it isn't? how many pepole with useful info might forget it because it doesn't match what the TV psychologist said? The media have screwed the whole thing. Had they not got involved, it could have died down. Now they have, it is a world-wide debate and issue , some nutter, somewhere, is more than one step ahead. and he's loving it. all those in favour of the media blackout say Aye!

Beep...................................................sorry,...........Deep...........
(stoned)

Fire_Femmemember
6 posts

Posted:
Guns don't kill people, bullets do. No, seriously, people kill people. People would continue to kill even if guns weren't as readily available. Gun laws can make it more difficult, but if the sniper were in a country that had more strident laws, he would still be determined enough to follow through.

I wouldn't feel so bad if there weren't any guns around, but I know many people (especially here in Tejas) are really, emotionally attached to their guns. They are often the same people with dead animal heads on their trailer walls. It's kind of scary.

884 posts

Posted:
I agree fire_femme, with a blackmarket no amount of firearm restrictions would really stop crazed lunatics like this from getting hold of a weapon if he/she really wanted to.

However, what such restrictions would do is stop average, normal, rational people from owning guns and doing something they regret when they get in a drunken fight/fender bender/other little mishap. Guns give people an excuse to act with far too much retalitory (sp?) power whenever their rights are trodden on in what would be the tiniest amount when compared to taking someone's life. It's in cases like that that guns really do kill people...they give people the abilty to act on ridiculous impulses that they will regret later.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
By the chance that the tarot card did happen to be the death card, the meaning behind this is change... it's really a good card, it's done nothing to hurt anyone... except when Timmy wouldn't give it it's toysback, but that's a hole new story. And as for if they were male or female, just remember, two thirds of the worlds pro killers are female... scary hay.

[ 12 October 2002, 18:13: Message edited by: Arsn ]

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Haven't actually seen much news about it myself. But one or two thoughts.

I doubt it's Al Queda because they are a terrorist organisation with a political message they want to get across. My point being that they would've claimed responsibilty from day 1.

Ex police or military marksman maybe. But my guess is that's he's not all that far way from his victim. I think he's want to far enough away so that he's safe but close enough for the thrill of the kill. Just a theory.

He's not descriminating in his kills. This means that he's most likely rushed to find a target. So he's taking risks where ever his vantage points might be.

If he's leaving calling cards be they (transitionary tarots cards or not) then i think he's trying to mislead the police. Like Charley Manson's followers writing pigs on the walls of sharon tates house. He's trying to shift to the blame to some other section of society.

All just theories I should point out. But we shall see.

Meh

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
The public need not fear this shooter. They're more likely to die from crossing the street than getting shot by this person. The media has fueled fear and should be standing trial beside this murderer, if it wasnt for the media than there is a fair chance that these shootings wouldnt have taken place. GO TEAM MEDIA BLACKOUT!!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Good Point.

Meh

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
if you ask me... and i'm sure you all know this... but the media are the fuel to the snipers fire.

the media never care. after any accident they are in ppl's faces straight asking the poor ppl who are broken down in tears "what happened?" and they expect them to answer.

and with this sniper dickhead... of course the blooy media are going to be there and plastering it all over the news. its their job. they dont care if the news they bring to the world will kill more ppl. to them they have done a fair days work. which is bullshit. (sorry to anyone who has family/friends in media- but this is my oppinion)

i agree with everyone who has said that if the media just piss of and leave it alone... so will the sniper. hopefully

i havent heard much about the story... but 7 ppl dead and 2 injured... what kinda sick fucking bastard is this? seriously? and real chicken shit if he does it from a distance, with an easy escape route. wouldnt it be a bigger thrill to him if there wasnt? (as someone has said killing these ppl gives him a thrill.) and if hes in it for the thrill... omg. puh-lease. there are plenty of animals in the wild that would give off a better thrill rating!

but seriously. i hope someone finds him... and shoots him in the back of the head.
do as to yourself as to others! or maybe after saying that.. he should shoot himself.

hope this makes sence. not feelin the best and kinda tired... so

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I was originally very worried about this being Al-Qaeda.

As long as Al-Qaeda continues to be run by megalomaniacs with delusions of grandeur, I'm not that worried by them. Knocking down buildings, weapons of mass destruction, and other such grandiose schemes require a huge amount of resources and planning and it's likely that we'll catch onto such schemes, especially now that the feds are watching like hawks. Even before Sept. 11, the feds stopped numerous attempts to cause mass mayhem. One such attempt was almost successful because it was so simple. That was the one where they set up a bunch of truck bombs (a-la McVeigh) in the basement of the WTC. The WTC didn't fall down, though.

What worries me is that Al-Qadea might get smart and realize that big, grandiose attacks like this are counter-productive and start taking the Hamas strategy. Hamas uses small attacks with great frequency to terrorize the Israeli people (I'm not going to get into a debate about the situation in Israel, so please don't read this as such, I'm sticking to facts here).

What I'm saying is that you don't need to kill a lot of people to run an effective terror campaign. You just need to scare a lot of people. The entire country needs to be worried that they might be next. Even if it's just 6-7 people or so getting killed about once a month with no predictable pattern to the time or place, that's enough to run an inexpensive and effective terror campaign.

Israel has much more stringent security than the U.S. could ever have. For one thing, Israel is smaller and also, they don't have a 4th Amendment. If Al-Qaeda were to start using many small attacks (suicide bombings of coffee shops across the country, snipers like this, etc.) and events like this were to happen on a daily basis and not just in big cities (imagine how it would shake the country if a bar in a small, middle-America town like Atlantic, Iowa was bombed), it will totally destabilize the country.

And the outcomes are not pleasant to consider:

1) The U.S. could basically decide to deport (or worse...) any and all people who are Muslim or from a Mid-East background. Enough of Al-Qadea in the U.S. fits either of these descriptions that this solution would probably permanently stop Al-Qaeda attacks in our country. Of course, if the U.S. were to pull a stunt like that, I'll be in Canada faster than you can say "genocide." Al-Qaeda wins.

2) The U.S. cound completely suspend all civil rights and declare martial law. Of course, that wouldn't stop the attacks, although it might prevent some. The problem is that there would be no forseeable end to such a policy (sort of like a war on drugs or a war on terrorism). That would mean the end of the U.S.A. as we know it and again, I'd have to leave. Al-Qaeda wins.

3) The U.S. could essentially do nothing, or "be more vigilant," and I'd probably stick around. But that wouldn't address such attacks. Al-Qaeda wins.

I'm glad that this doesn't look like Al-Qaeda because none of the three possibilties above are particularly attractive to me. And I hope that Al-Qaeda continues to be megalomaniacal and continues to try to use grandiose schemes that we do have a chance of stopping. Because if they decide to "go small," we don't have a snowball's chance in hell of stopping it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

536 posts

Posted:
you know there was this guy that wanted t change his name to God but they didn't let him so he changed it to i am what i am..... 'ya know....

Page: