raa raamember
9 posts

Posted:
Hello all !!

i just wanted to shout out to the guys that i met at Ashton Court Festival on the weekend.

for those of you that don’t know it is a wicked little fest in the south west of UK. in Bristol. it used to bee free as did all the major festivals but now you only need to pay £5.

we all had a fantastic weekend and much fun was had by all and ofcouse the magic of poi got me introduced to some great people. i met the two best jugglers yet.. big round of applause to those two, a real inspiration. juggle

i also met some guys who were fairly new to poi and were keen to improve, they already know some people in Brighton, so i hoping that they will see this post and make contact..

i am also meeting some great people in Brighton playing with poi, some of you will know blu_valley. we have been hanging out on the beach for the best part of 2005 and anyone else who would like to come play just send me a PM and we'll hook up and spin out.

peace, poi and festival passion ubbrollsmile

ray XX

no body loves me every body hates me
because i eat worms

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Fantastic!

You better have picked up a few new things to teach us! When you coming back?

Ditto on the Brightonions meeting up, feel free to PM me too if anyone wants to meet up, or even make the worthwhile trek down to Brighton to come play!

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey I was there too . . . I spoke to lots of people , handing out flyers for PLAY festival . . . did I meet you guys there ??
If not you should definitely check out
[Old link]

raa raamember
9 posts

Posted:
hey georgus, will be in Bath for this week, will be back on monday. no more new tricks i'm affraid as i took the role of teacher, mainly to my sister! that dam 100 monkeys she started to move in the first 15mins!!!

hey matty, i did meet a matty there. is it you?? umm

i was the one who came baring blue and white stripey sock poi. i arrived at the same time as a american guy called Jay??

either way nice to meet you

let the good times roll

because i eat worms

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Raa Raa - you're in Bath????

You should post on here:

[Old link]

We could have meet up for a spin, before Falmouth.

Gayle.....!

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
okay, well while you been gone have picked up a few new things from Jas,and have some three-headed fire poi on order! Also got a new recruit whos learning faster than Lee! 100 monkeys GRRRR!

*shakes fist in air*

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

raa raamember
9 posts

Posted:
look forward to meeting the new spinner, say hey to lee for me.. looks like i might get a chance to spin here in Bath
hope to catch up with you Gayle
laters

because i eat worms

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Have a great time Ray, going to the lovebox weekender this weekend with Sam (its her birthday) and Keith,and Thina (poi lady from S.A )is here with all her shiny new stock to sell! Groove armada and Mylo are part of the lineup. Its in Victoria park on Saturday, you guys should try come,its gonna be well worth it.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Hello...I've been down and met blu (hello blu) but yet to meet the rest of you. sure i will be back...and already booked my ticket for play festival...yay...(I have been there but where is shropshire??)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Yes, I think you should defenitly come back to Brighton Mynci, there is an open invite!Maybe try organising a big thing like the hastings lot sometime? I have floor and couch space for about 4 people for the next month, although parking is a pain. Do you think its worthwhile trying to organise something big-ish?

Play fest? huh?!

*runs off to events and gatherings forum*

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Don't think that was me , I had my orange and black sock poi with me . . .

raa raamember
9 posts

Posted:

Hi mynci "nice to meet you to meet you nice"
hav'nt heard of the play festival but it sounds like my cup of tea..when, were and how much.. i have alot of free time at the mo as i am totaly jobless and loving it..

lois is that Victoria park in Londion. coz there is a vic park here in bath but i cant see groove or mylo playing there?!?
And i think it is a great idea to orginise something big-ish next time we hook up we'll swap ideas and get the ball rolling

No probs matty heres hoping i find my matty.. OH i doo hope so

would anybody like to eat some worms with me?

because i eat worms

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
No thanks on the worms and its in Victoria park in London silly. biggrin