Forums > Social Discussion > Quote ''Poi r the most annoying invention ever''

Login/Join to Participate

LadayBRONZE Member
75 posts
Location: In UK for now, but born an lived in ZIMBABWE and S...

Posted:
I know i know!!! that was my reaction!
Went to Ashton Court Festival yeaterday,and had a wicked time. You know the usual, booze,loud music,poi just good times and smiles all aroud.
Sitting a few people in front i saw some one staring so spin so went and watched and got spinning with them. As always loving every second of the spinning(u all know the feeling) Until some £$%& came up to me,grabbed the poi and started going on at me how poi were ruining his night and getting in the way(and no he wasn't sitting behind but about 20people to the side of us????!!) and that ''''Poi r the most annoying invention ever'' .
Sad but true i lost it a lil, not screaming at him or anything but just telling him that in is own world there must be something he enjoys that to me i would find piontless and how i didn't go on at him about it. I also tried teeling him about poi and that it's not just a ''bunch of hippies throwing things''. That poi has so much more,for me firstly it getting closer to my brother(tadpole) and understanding movement and co-ordination brings together an art form that he clearly didn't understand.

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't worry about it. If he wants to have a [censored] time let him get on with it. It sucks that he felt the need to push it onto you, but just rest easy in the knowledge that he probably spent about 2 weeks of his life trying to get the 3bt and then decided spinning was "stupid anyway" wink

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
Darn crazy spinners, how dare you have fun! And then you tell people and try and help them learn, I mean, seriously, how rude! ... Mmmmm sarcasm. Don't worry about him, everyone is a little annoying to someone out there, you found your person. Kinda like an annoying soulmate that you don't marry or anything.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Written by: Laday

''Poi r the most annoying invention ever''

ubblol ubblol ubblol
I almost spat out my coffee reading that. very funny.

If I had to nominate a most annoying invention ever, it might be something along the lines of... oh I don't know, nuclear waste...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I was at Ashton Court with Gayle and friends on Sat and all I got was positive feed back from people asking us to have a go and to teach them how to do moves. I even met a few new spinners and convinced them to join HoP. I guess it just depends on where you spin and who you spin near.

I had a Fabulous time. Thanks again Gayle for taking me and letting me sleep over hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
That's ok biggrin

I will say i'm suprised by this reaction.

The best thing from Ashton Court was running into some work friends with their children, who last year i taught some moves to. They were there with their own set of poi and apparently it was all my fault from last year. I came away feeling quite good.

You do get some tossers at Ashton Court and it looks like you ran into one of them. I wouldn't worry about - they probably slipped and rolled down the rather large hill when leaving due to the copious amounts of beer.

Big Hill at Ashton Court + Beer = amusing time for all sober people! ubblol

Gayle.....!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well I agree, poi are TOTALLY annoying. That's why i have to keep going back, just to get even with them (*no, turn that way. Augh you foolish things, I said THAT way... ! Grrrrr, you pests, stop that tangling* etc)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
my first thought was WHA??? who's gone mad this time???

But I agree with newgabe... they're annoying, when they dont behave themselves and give me headaches...

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
there are always arguments about poi at festivals...i dont really get it, because in the end IF YOU DONT WANT TO LOOK AT IT GO AWAY.

they're only jealous that we look so goddamn cool.

LadayBRONZE Member
75 posts

Posted:
Jealously makes u nasty!!! People r so blind........ lets all be glad we're not part of that

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
No - I'd agree.
Poi are annoying.

CJ on the otherhand...

wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
*walks up to fence separating poi and CJ*

*sits on fence*

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
ummm... what's CJ?
Circus Jokes?
Country Jargon?
Collected Jibes?
Candied Jellyfish?
Considerate Jesters?

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
contact juggling, of course wink

*does poi whilst watching the cj side of fence, intrigued*

ubbrollsmile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Oh yes, CJ is an act of divine grace!!!!!

*bows worshipfully in awe of transcendental beauty*

Just_Curiousmember
39 posts

Posted:
No, not annoying... addictive. I was so frustrated the first time I did them on Wednesday night. Because I used to do it somewhere else, but we used to make them ourselves. Oh, and we only used one. So obviously when I tried it I was all cocky and like "I think I've tried this before. If it's anything like what I used to do then I should be ok with it" Then I discovered two were MUCH harder to deal with, and that I'd forgotten alot of the moves Becky taught me. That, however, had been 2 years previously, so it's not much of a suprise that I've forgotten it.

But yeah, I made Ross teach me how to do a weave, and made him stand and watch until I got it right. In fact, it's so addictive that I actually said to him in mid-kiss "Ross, I want to do this weave thing. We can kiss later" Yes, I can't believe I said that either. But it's true. Sad but true.

Staff rocks though. Much less addictive and easier to do... or in my opinion anyway. Maybe that's cos Ross actually spins staff so he was better at teaching how to do it? I dunno. Anyway, Poi aren't annoying. People who think so are probably either ridiculously bad at it, or chavs... or poosibly both. Though chavs probably wouldn't try it, man I keep contradicting myself.

Ok - bottom line = poi is cool.

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." -Albert Einstein.

"... the moon is pushed around the sky by a goblin named Wilberforce."

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
i can cope with poi but get staff!

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
!!!!

Noddy! Don't you dare bad mouth staff you naughty boy!

Bad Noddy! No biscuit wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

LadayBRONZE Member
75 posts

Posted:
Viva la POI

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: Just_Curious

Anyway, Poi aren't annoying. People who think so are probably either ridiculously bad at it, or chavs... or poosibly both. Though chavs probably wouldn't try it, man I keep contradicting myself.

LOL, im new to poi and I dont know all the rules, the hatred between spinners and juggleing communitys (heard a website say something about that...oops I mean read) I never thought of chavs or townies as I call them, I bet they hate poi they probably think its girly. lol another reason to hate chavs they dislike poi!

Poi annoying? NEVER. There cool and fun and amazing, you should have gotten your poi and starting showing off saying, you think this annoying? Bet you cant do this? *spin spin, twist turn, weave, back flip lol* he would be like

"...I can do that but I dont wanna"

and you would be like

"Yeah bugger off you idiot, I can do this and you cant thats why your mad, because you sucked at poi when you tried it"

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Poi are annoying, but only cause i can't put them down i've stopped doing ummm pretty much anything else. When i'm not poiing i'm in work and even then i'm either thinking of it or on here...... goddam poi ubbtickled

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

nusku42Member
19 posts

Posted:
poi, juggling, cj, staff live and let live but don't touch my fencing blade.