larziemember
38 posts

Posted:
i'm sure there's been plenty of definitions for this move posted in these forums in the past but i've read a few scattered around and i'm still confused. WHAT IS A FISHTAIL?? i'd really appreciate if anyone in HOPland could give me one easy defintion wink

i have been twirling for about 5 years and have only just stumbled upon these forums biggrin i have never known the names for the moves i've mastered so its good to know the names of the moves i've been pulling off.

thanks guys! weavesmiley

cling to your idividualism.

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
A fishtail is when the staff does 1 beat on each side (so the ends never cross) and the staff stays entirely on the back of your hand.
however a picture paints a thousand words so a vid is even better have a look at name that move at
https://www.inspinerate.com/video
there are some fishtails in there and some other stuff too.
not all the moves are the right name cos the point of the vid was to find out if i had the names right but fishys are.

"Don't do it naked!"

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
https://void.print.net/~meghan/
has videos for individual moves, a picture 1000s of words etc smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
just had a look, the link doesnt work. ben can u sort it out?

"Don't do it naked!"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
there's a RealMedia video of the move called 'fishtale' by a Japanese twirling site that goes through the motion in extreme closeup and once again in slow motion. it was instrumental in gettin' me there and one set of hyperlinks on it on HoP are broken, the older post is the one that worked when the japanese site moved the files.

PM me if u still can't find it...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
https://void.printf.net/~meghan/
the link in megs profile was wrong ..... bad meg

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
redface

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.