TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Anyone had problems of being stalked at all? in reality or online?

I used to use a wap chat site called mopilot and I put my pic up in the gallery. Soon my inbox flooded with flattering messages a few weeks later i get a message. This dude was saying he was in love with me and he watches my forum posts, but he never had the guts to contact me. eek
(some of my posts were either terribly flirty ubblove and sexual or really funny ubblol or sometimes just plain nasty mad2 if i felt strongly against something/someone. I tone it down on here though! biggrin )

My flesh crawled as he said this, eek and i found out later he was telling people he was my boyfriend and for them to keep away from me, really idiotic stuff. I mean, its not real, its a chat site, mostly anonymous if you're careful.
Wap is for the poor souls who cant afford pc's, so you can expect to get the dole bludgers and tinks, and lets not forget the plain weirdo's? ubbloco

So my lovelies! My second question... does anyone here use wap? it can be addictive you know. it's bad. and evil...
eek mad2 mad2

ps totally off topic, the neighbours upstairs are rowing:
thats arguing, not paddling ubblol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Ive been stalked 3 times by complete nut cases 2 were ex - boyfriends but one was a guy who just used to come into the garage where i used to work....in the end up i had to get someone from work to walk me the 20min walk home cause hed always try and walk with me. One time thou i had a party and left the door open, was going to bed that night and heard a noise coming from my wardrobe...opened it and found him naked and posing eek then i moved to belfast smile

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
oh my god...

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
I know i can laugh about it now but i was freaked out then! HAve you confronted him???? My boyfriend at the time confronted mine and just told him to stay away or the police would get involved. Look after yourself wink hug hug

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I changed my user ID and luckily never gave out my email (phew)

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
in my first year of uni i received a bunch of anonymous emails from some guy all sorts of explicit stuff was a bit disturbing, i went to the uni about it and they said there was nothing they could do as it was a hotmail address. it got a bit creepy when they started adding things like "i spoke to you for the first time today" i didnt reply and eventually they left me alone.

excuse the obvious question of whats wap?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Wireless Application Protocol.

Its a shite, condenced and over hyped version of the internet for phones pre GPRS.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
a friend of mine had a stalker once...turned out to be someone i'd met a couple of weeks before i found out he was stalking her!! ubblol he wasn't actually stalking her...more worried about her...it's all good now though! noone is stalking her & everyone is friendly!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I was er..under the influance out and about with some friends in town once, and agreed to go to the cinema with this dude I met. Numbers were exchanged and doo daa.
He rang me the next morning, then lunchtime, then evening..then emailed me when I switched my phone off. When I switch it on again theres loooads of texts from him saying how much hes missing speaking to me. I didn't like this very much, so bailed out on the day i was supposed to go out with him.. *blush*
Then I had his '21 year year old sister' texting me calling me a slag and a whore and that she was going to beat the crap out of me. I rang the number from the texts, laughed at the person who answered and told them they could have been at least a little bit more original in their insults and not to bother be again.
No problems since *brushes dust off hands*
smile

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
i've been stalked in real life before, one was an ex boyfriend who i had an intervention order against, it was quite short term, but scarey. he'd send me flowers, ring 10-15 times a day, go over to my friends houses to ask about me (not mutual friends, my friends).it stopped pretty quickly though because the police were involved.

my sister was stalked by her ex as well, that was a lot worse though, he went off the rails and would constantly ring, threatening suicide, saying it was her fault. he broke in once and went through her address book, and wrote "love?" in blood next to her new boyfriends name. she changed her landline and mobile numbers several times, but he kept getting them. she ended up having to move house. she hasn't been hassled for a few years now. it was pretty scarey for her though.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Stalking sucks and is terribly scary. There was a really good radio announcer here who was stalked by a guy who ended up in the studio with her one time.. got past security...She was so rattled and scared she went off the radio. Such a loss.
Ben Elton's novel 'Blast from the Past' gives a bit of insight into the mind of such creeps.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
There was this boy at my school that would be everywhere I was, and stare at me, like he's just never stop staring, watching my every move with this aroused kind of look on his face. That was pretty unnerving. He used to put letters in my locker asking me to meet him places so he can give me a present, I never went though. His little sister told me that it was this gold necklace with a dolphin on it or something.

He told people that he had a fight with me and that he bashed me, broke my leg, raped me and 'broke my vagina'. And I used to get all these people coming up to me and asking if I really got bashed by him etc. I was about 14 at the time and I think he was 13.

It's hard to know how to feel about this, because this boy suffered from an intellectual disability. So it kind of made my dealings with him hard. I didn't know what to do. I was absolutely furious with him but then again I kind of thought that maybe he couldn't really help it. I had to talk to all these teachers about it.

This all happened about 3 years ago. Anyway he doesn't go to my school now, I think he's at a special school.

Last year I went on a camp with my volunteer disability work that I do and he turned up. I said to the supervisors that I couldn't look after him. He was showing all the other kids gun and army tank magazines and saying disturbing things and condoning behaviour like that, I happened to be there and I was the one that had to tell him off for it.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Being careful with what information you give out online is of paramount importance. There's no more weirdos online than there are offline, but they can remain anonymous, or even lie to get your details, gaining lots of information with which to stalk you they wouldn't be able to get in person. I never give out my surname, never my home address, never my home phone number, never my workplace, rarely my mobile number (only in PMs, emails etc, not forums). If I were under 18 I'd say not to give out any photos of your house or exact location (just say the name of the nearest town). Under 16 then don't give out photos at all. Also, don't be a dunce. Don't post one thing on a forum logged in as someone and then another thing as someone else if it shows IP addresses. Anyone with crude computing knowledge will know it was done by the same person (that goes for chat sites too). Very little of what you do online is anonymous.

I've met hundreds of people from the net now that have been perfectly nice people and have gained a lot of friends, but i've also met some weirdos too. You just need to use descresion, and keep things in context. Being 'stalked' online is nothing compared to real life, just disconnect, change your browsing habits, contact forum owners/moderators etc if it becomes a problem. If you haven't given out any info for the person to find you in real life then you're safe.

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Some bloke that i have never even met stole my number off my brothers phone when he found out i had moved to bristol (where he lived) he kept texting me for ages and that didn't really bother me too much seeing as i had never met him i didn't really see it as scary..UNTIL...I was in a pub when i got a message saying "are you in the *insert name of pub that i was in but forgot name of*" which really freaked me out. How the hell did he know what i looked like and where i was if i hadn't even met him before?? This started to happen lots. Where ever i was, he knew i was there.

I phoned my brother about it because i was beginning to get scared. The bloke had been fired for being crap at his job so my brother phoned him and gave him the 'hey thats my little sister, keep away' speach. Fortunately that worked!

DarthMeauxThe artist formerly known as Phae'xorl.
145 posts
Location: South-East Ohio (the foothills of the Appalacian M...

Posted:
I was stalked once...I was at the laundrymat doing, well, laundry. This girl followed me home, walking at least a half a block behind me so as not to arouse my suspicions. Then she would walk past my house several times a day, sometimes even looking in the windows (granted, not going up to them but looking in their direction rather).
A couple of weeks later, I was at a grocery, cashing my paycheck as it was after the banks closed. The cashier who cashed my check (with my address, home phone number, social security number, etc...) was unbeknownst to me, the same girl who had followed me home.
Then she started calling me and not saying anything on the line, then hanging up....Finally I caught on to what was going on, and as she walked by my house (where I was happily drinking beer on the roof at 2:38 am) for the 7th time in an hour, I hopped off of the roof and went up to her to ask what the hell she was doing...She turned up the charm, said she was lost, and my dumb trusting ass believed her... Then we chatted for a minute and I agreed to go have a drink with her...(WHAT A MISTAKE!!!!) To make a long story short, I ended up with a crazy girl calling my house all hours of he night, her crazier boyfriend (THAT'S RIGHT, BOYFRIEND) stopping by to kick my ass, because "I wouldn't leave HIS girlfriend alone" WTF?!?!
It was not cool....LAst time I have a drink with a stalker...

"...heaven is ordering a six piece chicken nugget and getting seven...and a switchblade."

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I have never been stalked.

I get lots of wierdos sitting next to me on the bus who sometimes try talking to me, does that count?

The worst was this African guy in his 60s. I normally keep my headphones on all the time while I travel so I can be antisocial, but this guy tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to his wrist to ask me the time. As soon as my headphones were off he started asking if I had a boyfriend, where I lived e.t.c.

If strangers impoose on me like this I tend to get quite blunt with them, or ignore them completely.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
an african guy stopped me telling me i had a nice tummy once lol and that i should marry him lol. well i've had to stalkerish occassions. an ex bf who broke into my house because i left him and he also shattered my front window and after all this followed me round places asking me to get back with him. the weirdo. i also had an old best friend who eventually kept ringing my house about 7 times a day. if i wasnt there she'd demand my mum to tell her where i was who i was with what i was doing and what time i left and what time i'd be back. then she started dressing like me. not dead like me but gradually very similar. well i dont see her no more thankfully!

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
ive ben stalked twice, when i worked at HMV.... The girl starded by just chatting whilst i served her normally for a music mag that comes out once a month, she always came to my till for like 4 months for cds etc, ne month shr came in 3 times bought the same mag on the third time i asked i thought i remembered you buying this magisine, to whick she replyed she had lost it twice and not read it yed, i did not think about it, then one of her friends came in and said look i wanted to let you knows she has been a little scary she has keped every penny of change you have given in six months, a few of your hairs from the counter, she also took a picture of you when you were waiting out side the shop in the morning. I found out that day that she quized other staff the day before which was my day off of my home adress and where i go drinking.

This sort of stuff went on for a while and became more and more scary, especally when she found out what my girlfriends name was. My manager in the end caught wind of it all and told the girl when she was looking for me to leave me alone otherwise she would be banned and she would phone the police to have her removed..
scary stuff.
I have had a few people online that have been alittle scary too but i just block them

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I know and have had friends in the past who fall into 3 categories to do with stalkers:

1) Stalkers. I had a friend who was just completely pathetic at chatting up girls, so his chat up line was to stalk them (follow them around, find out where they lived, worked, would make us call him if we ever saw them etc) instead. He didn't mean to scare them or anything, but he was just so indirect with them that it ended up looking that way. He was/is a really nice guy too, just had a tendancy to go after girls out of his league, and generally already in relationships. I once had a guy who followed me around at uni for over a month and ended up talking to me whilst i was completely wasted one night (if i'd been able to walk away i would have done). It turned out he wasn't after my body, he just thought he knew me from somewhere and was rather lacking in normal social skills.
2) People who encourage stalkers, because they like the attention. I'm talking about people who put their diary online, take pictures of themselves in compromising postitions and flirt ourageously. I'm not saying they're "asking for it", but somewhere between encouraging and treading dangerously. There's a difference between harmless fun with people you know and supposidly harmless fun with poeple you don't.
3) People who end up having a relationship with their stalkers. I remember at college one of my friends had a guy who followed her around, always came to her till at whsmith, would give her presents and flowers and stuff. All the time she was saying how scarey it was etc and that he just wouldn't go away, till one morning it transpired that they met at the train station and suddenly were now a couple.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I've never really been stalked...

But i'm not going to go into details of my experiences of other people being stalked...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
i think i am a bit of a stalker,well not really but there's a beautiful man that lives in the flat below me(with his equally beautiful and lovely girlfriend),and he's honestly one of the most beautiful people to watch ever.He was cleaning out his car t'other day and i found myself just staring out the window watching him,for like half an hour!Then suddenly realised what i was doing so did it a lot more subtly...((tee hee)).
But he's hot and theres no crime in staring insanely......right?? confused2 devil

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Heh, when I was a bit younger (maybe 14) then I really fancied this girl in my year so I'd wait on a street corner for her to walk to school, and kind of follow her the last hundred yards. After a few days of this I walked up and actually talked to her. A few days after that I asked her out, she said no, so I went back to walking to school normally again.

Don't know whether that's normal or not wink But it only happened for one girl, and only for about a week, so I know I'm not *that* crazy... biggrin

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Just_Curiousmember
39 posts

Posted:
I had a boyfriend who I met online. he was a total loser. He was two years older than me, without a single qualification, despite being 18.
He wasn't who he claimed to be, he didn't in actual fact, play any instruments, never mind multiple ones. He wasn't even good looking, but at the time I was so blindly in love with him that I didn't care. We broke up about a month or so after we had sex for the first time. (ooh, looky, that one works on two levels!!) Anyway, he kept ringing my mobile one day but withheld his number. Anyone who withholds their number is up to no good so I refused to answer it. Then he started ringing my house phone, so I just left the phone off the hook and went into another room until he'd gone. Then he started with the emails, which was annoying. I blocked him on the site he was emailing me at, but he kept leaving comments on my profile telling people to stay away from me and [censored]. I was getting scared, so I created another profile and ignored my first one for almost a month. I got people to contact me on my other account. When I went back to using my first account normally again, I found he had moved on. But now I have two accounts, because I don't want to delete either of them!!

I wouldn't class him as a "stalker" but it was close to it, and was pretty scary at the time.

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." -Albert Einstein.

"... the moon is pushed around the sky by a goblin named Wilberforce."

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
i havent been stalked yet

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Noddy can I stalk you then? ubblol

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
yeah ok

i feel special now ubblol

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I'm watching you noddy.... your bum wiggling is sooo cute ubblol

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Once told a girl I'd known for 3 days I didn't think it'd work out between us because we couldn't really communicate (she was gorgeous, but she almost didn't speak any English. I asked her if we could try to be friends), only to have her lock herself in my room for about two hours. When she came out, I could see she'd been crying- she said she had to leave. Bit after that I found a large that she'd written in bloody finger-lined letters 'I love Ryan' on an A4 sized photograph I had from when I got to meet Sheryl Crow backstage.

It really freaked me out- I was only 17 (she was 19). The day earlier, I'd found an extra $50 in my wallet, which she put in there, that day she also offered to get me a pager (way before mobile phones took over..).

Anyway, she called the evening of the third day, and I was so spun out I was telling in no uncertain terms her she was crazy.

We didn't have sex but day 1 and 2 was practically cancelling an originally planned movie date to stay home and make out. In retrospect, I feel guilt for not handling everything better, but being young and stupid.. you know.