Forums > Social Chat > seriously p****d off but not any more! : )

Login/Join to Participate

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I'm really sorry people as i know there has been a large amount of depressing threads recently. But i really need some cheering up. I wouldn't call myself a lonely chap but friends are half the problem. And there is a beautiful spirit that seems to flow through all of the members of this site. I'd just like some help and you are the best people to ask.

I woke up this morning and realised that i'm in a really shitty way and have had my head up my arse for the last two months
I'm going back to college for the second time and when i first started my idea was to concentrate on college as my main priority and finance myself with an evening job. I felt that doing this would discipline me and make me focus on what really mattered. I hoped to develop myself as a person.

B***ocks did this happen. Little did i think of anyone else. I still have no job therefore my parents are bailing me out all the time. I have absolutely no money for any social activities let alone to finance my (proposed!) travels after i leave college.
I feel guilty making my parents support me when i'm old enough to be supporting myself. I feel useless not being able to find a job. And on top of this i can't figure out whether or not i feel strongly for this girl i've recently acquainted. (i should do she amazing)

I don't want solutions to my worries as i know these are down to me and you do not know me well enough. It would just make my day if i knew that there are people out there smiling and feeling good about the way their life and mentality is right now.

Thank you in anticipation

x Tennis x

P.s this is not a teenage angst thing! i need to clear my concious and soul and feel good.

I've just read through this and realised that it is not that bad! There are millions of people in shittier situations than me. What the hell am i ranting about. And jesus christ this is a teenage angst thing.
Ok i can sort myself out but still does any one know of good pick me ups. Does anyone have any ideas or techniques that i could adopt to re arrange my messy little spirit/mentality/aura/ what ever you want to call it. I'll try again

Thank you in anticipation

x Tennis x

[ 25 October 2002, 00:26: Message edited by: tennis ]

My cat's breath smells like catfood

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Hi Tennis!

Hugs to you!

I'm not very good at offering advice as I always think what I have to say is a bit pants. But here goes...

Generally I have found that if you can find happiness in one part of your life, then the other areas will follow. But it is really hard to get out of the cycle of everything being crap, believe me I know!

Concentrate on one thing rather then worrying about everything. If one of these thing could be sorted out over night, which would you want it to be?

Also - don't feel like your troubles are not worthy of having a rant about. Everything is relative. If it's bugging you, then it should be listened to by others.

Hope I have helped a little.

Sending you more "Hugs" through the post. The envelope should arrive tomorrow!

Hels
xx

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
AAAWWW shucks
*Wipes a little tear form his eye*
Sniffle

*your the best*

GoodVibesTransmittermember
2 posts

Posted:
Activated.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
HUGS SMILES and loooong races on Falkor's back

tennis, you beautiful soul.

be happy because you've reached the point where you realize what's wrong and so now all you have to do is react to it in a positive way

Don't be too hard on yourself, we all have those moments where we are stuck and not happy. Well... these moments do teach you lots and lots.

can't word my thoughts better than Hells , so i'll just add one million smiles and hugs to you

much love and respect

shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Hey man, you listen to these girls, they give good advice okay?!!!!

I would usually attempt to dish out some kind of advising text here but my head is filled with all kinds of crazy notions about doing things so Im afraid I'll be of little use here, I will however pop back at some point in the not to distant future and dump some textbooks on you, until then, think about the end result

whats up with all the limitations?

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
* massive *
Listen to the advise you've been given..sorry i cant give advice..my brains fried at the moment,

Love Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by GoodVibesTransmitter:
Activated.

Amplified! "Volume" & heart-thumping "Power" especially, up up up!

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
tennis.

You are in a similar situation to me...

You just need to get up and do things. The longer you procrastinate the more you will regret it later.

The world is your play ground and if you play by the rules you soon will learn how to avoid the rules so as to play the way you please. but you need to understand that sitting on your ass is hurting no one but yourself.

Its your life at the end of the day and sooner or later you are going to have to support yourself on your own two feet. If your start working now it will help you. Just try to get off your feet into a simple routine. Maybe find a job that does not require so much time from you at first and then slowly increases... Just try to take it easy. Jobs arent all that bad...

Good luck on your journey of discovery I hope you get the enegry to get up and go.

Feel free to gimme a bell if you need anymore advice. until then good luck and prayers going your way.

Much love n hugs, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Basically I have the same advice as Cass.

You need to find a problem before you find a solution. You need to realize what make you unhappy before you can appreciate what does make you happy.

It seems to me that you've found your problem and that you know what makes you unhappy. So it's all uphill from here my friend. You know now what you need to focus on. Be happy about that.

Bug hugs man.

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
thanks people i knew i could rely on you!

I'm off job hunting and i'm going to smile all the way

*but i might just hng around the site a little longer* i've got a qquestion i need to put up. Two in fact

Once again thank you there are a lot of smiley shiny people out there and it's a great honour to 'know' you all.

x Tennis x

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Hey Tennis, its been a few weeks, hows things now??

Have you had a good chance to reflect on your life?? Im hoping things are better now than they were two weeks ago!

Remember, keep your chin up, its the best way to stop from drowning! (that and swimming)

Dont let people get you down, you are unique and amazing and wonderful and special and fantabulous all on your own!!!

Much Love n Respect n Hugz n Fluffy Stuff!
xoxoxoxxoox
Flynt

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Hey Tennis, it's been a while since your first post, so hopefully things are looking far better & brighter already by now, but just in case:

How is everything going? Have you managed to get a job? (if not, maybe you can look for one at your college? Here it pays really well to work at college as a student!! ) And have you figured out yet how you feel about the girl you'd met?

good luck & more good vibes coming your way

Charlotte

everyone's unique except me

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
You people never ever ever cease to amaze me. I'm sure this is not a spinning site and you're all just updated versions of my guardian angels.
Sod women trouble i think i'm in love with all you wonderful people out there.
oooh i've got funny warm feeling all over
(did i eat something dodgy last night?)
No it's the love and energy i can feel from you all.

My situations no too much better on paper but my hed and soul is soo much clearer and i think your kindness and consideration has boosted me ten fold. I'm out there looking for jobs and focusing on what matters not what people think should matter to me.

*God this is so soppy*

But you people have made my day. sending out respect to you all and hoping you are happy with yourselves for making someone else's day brighter.

Thank you sssooooo much

What makes me feel even happier is the fact that i'm being treated as a human by people who have never seen me and some may never do but the people on this site from everywhere
the netherlands
New Zealand
America
England etc and i could go on
have something inside them that is very special and in my opinion i/we/the world needs more people like you.

i'm all smiley now

X Tennis X

GoodVibesTransmittermember
2 posts

Posted:
often you really can physically feel the love in this place