Forums > Social Chat > Transitions in life ....

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Good morning beautiful souls

As many of you know, tomorrow is my last day at work after 3 1/2 intensive years. And soon enough i'll be starting to travel/spin and hug around the world : HOPers from around the world, here I come

I am finding myself in a strange position though where I know I made the right decision but am under extreme stress. Transitions in life are so hard (as they ar in poi spinning in fact .... ) because it is an undefined, unlabelled moment and yet very important ...

I found that I have learnt a lot about myself in fact through my worries, sadness and fears lately. (Mind you most of me is just shining and sooooo excited and happy though ).

Did I really have a point when I wrote this one ?

Well just saying that obvisouly there is no way I will no longer post here, but I'll sadly have less internet access though sometimes.

Apologies in advance to all questions to me that might remained unanswered online. Promising to answer PMs though as often as I can !!! Will also put a little message up updating with my whereabouts and giving you a poi around the world report

Looking back in the past year or so i still cannot beleive all that HOP has brought me, taught me, given me

I'd love to give props and official thanks to those of you who have litterally changed my little frog's life, but that'd be too long. You know who you are and you know I love you deeply anyway

And many thanks to everyone on HOP for being who they are. Some I never got a real chance to chat with personnaly, some maybe I agreed less with but have always respected I hope.

that's beginning to sound ultra cheesy ... give me some insulin, this is all too sweet

I love you and thank you very genuinely and sincerely... this is not real goodbye, just a love declaration

Shine on, beautiful people !!!!
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:

Am sooo looking forward to having you here in person. So I am going to start saving up stories to tell you

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
That was so sweet!
i hope you have fun touring the world! remember to look me up when you come to London!

Im sure you have changed many peoples lives for the better aswell...i know you've helped me out in many ways

Love Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Cass, sweetie, it ain't going to be the same without you around!

Cass, it's obvious to me that you've played a large part in the evolution of HoP. Whether it's the Nutella wars, or saying hello on every intro thread there is. Your warmth and unerring belief that, deep down, everyone is lovely, constantly shines like a beacon on HoP.

In other words: gonna miss ya babe!

See you in London soon, then maybe NZ, Oz, Thailand... no, I'm not stalking you across the globe, honestly!!!

Happy travels

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
won't get to see you in London next month but there will be other times.

Hope you have the most amazing time with magical and wonderful adventures wherever you go.

Hope you're still talking to me too...

I'll look forward to your updates and your news whenever you can get online.

*millions of hugs*
x

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Safe and Happy travels Cass

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
All the best Cassandra, you've been (no, still are!!!) a legendary member of HOP!

love the moment, live the life,
Pyrophile

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
If this is a declaration of love then where are our flowers?!!lol

Cass honey, even though I have not been a Hopper that long, you've helped me through some rough patches and have been a real friend to me. Im looking forward to seeing you in London and I'll say my goodbyes then but I want to say this is a declaration of love from me to you.

Thank you so much for being there when I needed it and thank you for listening to me rant and rave about all kinds of stupid things!!!

Have a wonderfull adventure, keep in touch and most importantly take the greatest of care and bring yourself back in one sweet piece because I still want those crépes with Nutella on the banks of the Seine when you get back!!!

Salut mon ange doux, vous serez pour toujours à mon coeur et pouvez votre voyage être aussi bon que votre amitièz (je pense!!)

Richard (le couer de lion!!)
xxxxxxx

[ 11 October 2002, 02:05: Message edited by: Kurobei ]

whats up with all the limitations?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
I think I understand what your getting at, and yes
transitions are good.
Shine on cassandra,
Look forward to seeing you soon on your world tour

Drew
_____
be

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Good luck on your travels Cass
Thanks again for the support you gave me when I needed it - it was a great help.
What dates are you in London for? Are you doing anything that'll mean we can give you a proper send off, or is it a low key, relaxing visit before the rest of your trip?
Just in case I can't see you in person, shine on beautiful soul, have a good time

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Cass,
I am so happy for you as you embark on your travels (and a teeny weeny bit jealous too!)

I am so looking forward to seeing you in November, and spinning with the famous Cassandra! oooh and the crepes would be good too! My offer still stands of a place to crash if you'd like, PM me nearer the time??

Have a great time, and see you really soon!

'n' 'z 'n' stuff

Hels
xx

[ 11 October 2002, 03:59: Message edited by: Hels Bells ]

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Let me know if you're going to be near Ann Arbor! You've got a bed for a night or two!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Cass - good luck with the travels, don't forget the journey is just as important as the final destination - enjoy every bit of it!!

Also if you need somewhere to stay in Surrey.. just let me know - there is a bed spare in my flat! Take care and hope to meet you soon..

Fluff and stuff
Niki

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom:
Cass, it's obvious to me that you've played a large part in the evolution of HoP. Whether it's the Nutella wars, or saying hello on every intro thread there is. Your warmth and unerring belief that, deep down, everyone is lovely, constantly shines like a beacon on HoP.
I feel the same and cant wait to give you big hugs of aprechiation for all the love and comfort you show to us all!

We will miss ya around but we all have to get up and see the world...
I hope you enjoy your stay around the world I hope you develop and grow around the world meeting lovely people!

I wish you the best of luck darling dear. You have helped me greatly and many others. You have given me hope when I didnt have any and given me kindness expecting nothing in return.

You are trully a beautiful being keep going and growing and nothing will stop you. We will all be here to support you!!!

Keep shining lovely Danae we love and cherish you.

Love and hugs to Cass and all, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
every day, every morning, Cassie, is more love for you. it accumulates and never fades. so much is being stored for when you reach Southern California in January.

deepest congratulations on your rite of passage.

a new freedom, and you can advise me on the new professional career i shall create between November and January, mentoring one who is only just approaching through the (side gate, of course), with vision to see the arches ahead, and willing to pass through, accomplish the quests, adore the journey, learn, grow, and contribute, thirsty for the waters in the rites which are already among your sources, your springs.

ta geule!

(never knew what this means from the old song, so i wish it to you on faith! -- with abiding love for the little swallow's voice in"non, rien de rien. . .")

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:

brain replacement...anyone?

4,224 posts

Posted:
WOW ... hmmm ... thank you

Rozi , soon enough you + me = cooking = chatting = playing !! thank you for your friendship , beautiful

Pink Poi, that is such a nice thing to say, thank you. i'll be seeing you in november in london, can't wait !!!

Dom... you sure know how to make a girl blush, uh ? Thank you for your words and for being who you are ... keep stalking me my beautiful friend !

Ros, thank you and please check your Pm, beauttiful !

Kat, hope to see you in London and drink some Otcha together !

Pyrophile, good to see you again ! thanks for the good wishes . ::waving at you from the otehr side of the sea::

Kurobei, you have become such a dear friend for me. thank you for the fun, chats, tears and laughter, support and warmth hug you soon IRL

glass, you beautiful gentleman, will be playing with you soon. miss you lots !

Bovril Monkey ... when I am in London in november (around 8/13th) I DO want to finally officially meet you and do the playing + crepe + go thing with you !!!!!

Hells, thanks for the offer, much appreciated and really looking forward to spending time with you

mike Ginny, no Ann harbor for me this time would have loved to meet you though !!!

Stix, hopefully meet you while I am in england ? shine on !!!!

Drome, you fluffy rainbow fairy. can't wait to finally meet you and chat with you

Fire Mike ... "ta gueule means "shut the f*** up" ... but thanks anyway ... i can't wait to spend time with you and chat. still hoping for a reply to my PM ...

Mineiro, same to you and much more even, my scottish hedgehog !!!

thank you all

SHINE ON
Cassandra

[ 11 October 2002, 05:03: Message edited by: Cassandra ]

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
oops, Cassie (* blush *)

you will get a reply. was it PM or e-mail? i'll e-mail you, ok. that's a more important correspondence, forgive me for lightening some of what i'm doing these days in smaller threads too, sometimes, at HoP, to help my state of vitalite as i work through bigger things.

as i am glad you are, too, cherie.

* bissou * (ça, j'ai bien sûr!)

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
transitions are moving from one point in life to another, times of great movement and change. and that is a great part of life. without the influx of new energy, life isnt.

transitions are definitely hard, but just think of the all the hello hugs that are transitions to all the sonatas in friendships. the days shall be brighter when thy fingers have moments at the keyboard on your great adventure, and HOP becomes that much brigher as you pop in and out again.

so i remember a year ago, a beautiful hello hug transition that i cant help but smile at:

our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination
it is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us
we ask ourselves, who am i to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
actually who are you not to be? you are a child of the infinite
your playing small doesnt serve the world
theres nothing enlightened about shriking so that other people wont feel insecure around you
we were born to manifest the glory of the infinite that is within us
its not just in some of us, its in everyone
and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give people permission to do the same
as we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others

so in a love declaration back to you, no matter how badly you say youre going to kick my butt surprise, surprise i wish you millions of transitions of light and love, excitement and adventure, knowing that we here on HOP and off of HOP shall never leave your heart.

do Thou Shine On Cassandra!
~shibaki

Wow

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Well, there's not much that I can say that I haven't already said to you or someone else hasn't said to you. So I'll just reitterate how proud I am of you and how amazing a person I think you are. I'll miss our electronic conversations and all your smilies. Check your mailbox soon. I sent you something that pretty much sums up all the advice, love, and support I could give you (just in a smaller package). Hope it gets there before you leave

Have wild, fulfilling, juicy adventures.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
We miss you already.

N Y C

[ 11 October 2002, 10:32: Message edited by: NYC ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Thanks for sharing so much of your time with me, danae. You are one of the warmest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Hurry back to Paris with all new tricks to show off!

May your travels be safe and enjoyable.

Raph

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
----------------------

The silver lining is we will appreciate your posts even more than we do now.

do your travel plans include New Zealand and Christchurch (the home of the Home of Poi!)...

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best of luck

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
may your travels be safe and fun, your beds dry and not smelly, your luggage sealed and not lost! Time now for the sunshine of Home of Poi around the world to reflect back on yourself, Danae!
take lots of pictures and eat lots of wizz fizz!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by FíreMîke:
with abiding love for the little swallow's voice in"non, rien de rien. . .")
"Non je ne regrette rien
Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait
Ni le mal, tout ça m'est bien égal

Non, rein de rien
Non, je ne regrette rein
C'est payé, balayé, oublié
Je me fout du passé

Avec mes souveniers
J'ai alumé le feu
Mes chagrins, mes plaisirs
Je n'ai plus besoin d'eux..."

and so the beautiful song goes... Mike how did you know about this one?

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Cass my darling!

Much love, i can barely wait to meet you! xoxoxox Thankyou for being the angel you are, goodluck sweetling!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Cass, I'll miss you lots sweetheart!
Do let us know how things are going for you!
And if you're get on the wrong plane or sumfin, make sure it be one coming here!
Big hugs dood!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Cass - look forward to finally meeting you in London! Although I am in Ireland from Nov 15-23, will we miss one another again!??

If you need a place to crash, you are very welcome to come to Tooting (in return for a crepes and nutella breakfast!!! ) Email: kat@mail2moon.com

I hope our paths finally cross

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

4,224 posts

Posted:
Fire Mike, no problem your "shut up" coming out of the blue like that actually made me laugh and feel sooo good

Lord Shibaki . Thank you for everything !!! all i have to say to you is November 13th 17:15, i'll be the bouncy frog jumping up and down out of the plane in Tampa

Kali, I love you my friend

NYC... NYC ... you are my soulmate and I am thankfull everyday for your friendship.

Raphael ... get your fencing butt back to Paris soon cause I want to play with you before I fly away

Charles, OF COURSE, NZ is on my way and Auckland + Christchurch too obviously so i'll be seeing you soon YAY YAY YAY . please do check your PM , thank you !

bender ... I can't wait to meet you ... we will meet when I am in melbourne, right ? uh ? right ? hello ? come on ? please ?

Drome and Mike , so funny you should mention that song which I particularly like . i think even Malcolm should now be able to sing it along ,right Malcolm dear ?

Flynt : MWAH and SMOOOOOCH to you and soon enough real hugs to come !!!!

Paddy, you adorable, cute, clever, charming, sweet man (wanna hire me as a Personnal PR, dood ? ) Will miss you but will definitely continue to stalk you with my PMs of course !!!!

Kat no problem, i'll be in London a minimu of 5 days between november 8/13th I think !!!!! YAY !!!

Shine on
Cass

[ 12 October 2002, 02:38: Message edited by: Cassandra ]

chapatee36member
1 post

Posted:
Petit mot en français (désolée pour les autres), pour te dire bonne route.
Que tu vas nous manquer, plus encore à moi.
Reviens-nous plein de belles choses dans les yeux.
Je t'aime fort
Claire

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Bon voyage mon amour.
Le temp c'est plus proche.

Damn I suck at French these days...

I will be sure to brush up whilst you are here.

With all me love and hugs, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Page: