Forums > Social Chat > Waking up in odd positions...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So I woke in the middle of the night to find a wall to my left.

This is odd because the head of my bed is against the wall, but that's it. And it took me some time to figure that I was lying crosswise and twisted on the bed (it's Queen-sized).

Ever done this? The best I ever did was wake with my head down at the foot of the bed...immediately adjacent to my feet. (I'm flexible)

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i quite often find myself lying on my front...against the wall. kinda stuck to it.
this is probably something to do with my boyfriends sleeping habits (starfish doing dance drama)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by: squarexedge

i quite often find myself lying on my front...against the wall. kinda stuck to it.
this is probably something to do with my boyfriends sleeping habits (starfish doing dance drama)

ubblol ubblol i remember you telling me about that *giggle*
I've woken up before tummy and legs on bed, torso hanging off.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
My brother would always wake up upside down for no apparent reason. My cousin used to fall asleep on an upright vacuum cleaner as a toddler. aww bless!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
i once woke up in a different room than i went to sleep in....that was scary as I was staying round a mates house.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I woke up in a strange shape this morning too.

All the covers were on the floor and I was on my back, sideways on the bed, with half my body hanging over the edge.

Odd.

But I've been having some rather vivid dreams of late too, so maybe I was running away.

shrug

Getting to the other side smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I once woke up in a wardrobe......... the one and only time I slept walked..... that is unless the guy I lived with at the time got a better offer and bundled me in there to make room in the bed ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
i've fallen asleep on my bed and woken up on the floor, without waking up when i've fallen/gotten onto the floor.

i hate it when i wake up and i've turnt around in my sleep, because i think i'm in my normal spot and i hit my head agains the wall, or end of the bed etc.

Do we sleep when we die?

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
i wake up hanging out the bed but that's only cos Neal has gradually pushed me out. ubblol He can't even deny it when he sees where his pillows have ended up! ubblol

Gayle.....!

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
fell asleep standing up once (long story) but was quite shocked when I woke up!

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I went to have an afternoon nap for an hour. went to sleep with my head at the foot of the bed and my phone just above me...woke up 3 hours later with 7 missed calls on my phone. with my phone underneath me and my head on the pillow.

highly bad because i was an hour late to mee friends!!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
I have the problem of answering my phone and reading msgs in my sleep. Once i was very rude to Adya in my sleep when she called. I didn't even remember it. Often i have to check my phone in the morning for calls and msgs.

I've fallen asleep sitting next to a speaker. my friends were amazed.

Do we sleep when we die?

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
hahaha i was sleeping on a top bunk once and managed to get almost all of my body off the bunk in my sleep without falling off and one of my friends had to get up and push me back onto the bed......they told me in the morning because i hadnt woken up!!!

i woke up once curled up in this tiny little ball right at the bottom of my bed......that was kinda weird!!!

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

QuadDamagemember
130 posts

Posted:
I woke up a few weeks ago, and the first thing I noticed was the floor accelerating towards my face. I soon realised that I must have fallen asleep while standing up. While I was still at work. Luckily, nobody was injured.

I suppose it was my own fault; I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't sleep all weekend.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
I actually fell out of a bunk bed a couple of times without waking up.

It's disturbing waking up looking a the underside of the bottom bunk umm

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

BumfroIts a bum with an afro...
223 posts

Posted:
Hhaha, i once fell out of the bottom bunk, not the top hahah
was a bit confused....

And i woke up one time fully turned around in my bed, like my head wher my head should be and my feet where my head should be.. and i even took my pillow with me ????

I also once woke up to find i had grabed my school shirt off the ground and put it on in my sleep... it was inside out and back to front, but hey i was asleep smile

Racism is a weapon of mass destruction

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
This morning's stunt was to wake up spread-eagled, but half on my side, on the opposite side of the bed from where I usually sleep, with the sheets spiraling up my left leg, around my waist, and down my right.

(I sleep nekkid, just to complete the picture).

ubblol

-Mike

DarthMeauxThe artist formerly known as Phae'xorl.
145 posts
Location: South-East Ohio (the foothills of the Appalacian M...

Posted:
I have awoken (naked) on my front porch with the front door locked. Then I had to climb my porch roof to go through a second story window...As I was climbing I started laughing and fell onto my back (about a 3m drop). So I tried the climb again and made it successfully that time. As I went in the window, I looked back to see an elderly woman staring at my naked white arse as I climbed in. Only then did I realize that it was Sunday morning and she was getting ready to go to church......Yikes....
....Oh, and I was drunk as s**t the night before (as if that was not obvious from the ridiculousness of the awakening) beerchug redface

"...heaven is ordering a six piece chicken nugget and getting seven...and a switchblade."

kermitoverlord and maggot king
171 posts

Posted:
ive ended up disgonally off the end of the bed, head and torso on ground and nekkid white ass skyward on the corner of the matress. blankets on the other side of the room.

welcome back to kermits mad land.

wont you join my teaparty.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Lol. Yeah I sometimes wake up in the night in weird positions and it's so disorientating!

I hate when you've slept on your arm and when you wake up your arm is numb, floppy and heavy and it's like you can't control it. That's freaky stuff.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: Doc Lightning

it's Queen-sized

i assume that's no coincidence wink

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Written by: DragonFury

I have the problem of answering my phone and reading msgs in my sleep. Once i was very rude to Adya in my sleep when she called. I didn't even remember it. Often i have to check my phone in the morning for calls and msgs.

I do that all the time, its always someone like my boyfriends mum or my boss so leads to lots of embarrasment!

I often find that our dog has crept on to the bed in the night and slowly pushes me out, i wake up on the floor whilst she is happily snoozing on my side of the bed!

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
I woke up once curled up behind a toilet after a night of heavy drinking,also at one point in time when i was "younger" and being up for a while, i woke up in a tree by someone asking me if i was comfotable.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by: flid

it's Queen-sized

eek ubblol

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: *Aimée*

Written by: flid

it's Queen-sized

eek ubblol

Oh, SO original you lot are. wink

-Mike

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
ubblol all the time, but it always ends up with a nasty carpet burn

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:

This morning's stunt was to wake up spread-eagled, but half on my side, on the opposite side of the bed from where I usually sleep, with the sheets spiraling up my left leg, around my waist, and down my right.

(I sleep nekkid, just to complete the picture).

ubblol

And quite an attractive picture it is, too...I always sensed you were a bedroom athlete, but that's like a Jerome Robbins piece (the Door must have left before you woke up). Either that or you were trying to wrap yourself in the sheets as makeshift clothing (who told thee thou wast naked?).

I always wake up just as I went to sleep, with my arms crossed on my chest, face up. But then the coffin doesn't allow a lot of room for rolling around...

I'm kidding, I sleep in a Queen-size bed like the Good Doctor here. (And you're right, Doc, they're so LAME...) I fall asleep on my back and wake up on my side. I don't snore anymore, but I do occasionally shout in languages no one can identify. (Seriously, I do. Good thing I live alone, huh? Maybe that's why those guys never called me back.)

Doc Lightning, you'll have to come over and sleep at my house. We'll set up a darkvision camera activated by a motion sensor, and have some truly BIZARRE video to watch as you twist and flop and I shout "Mekron d'oloqpretan! Ghishaz kolomidrionof!"

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)

Doc Lightning, you'll have to come over and sleep at my house. We'll set up a darkvision camera activated by a motion sensor, and have some truly BIZARRE video to watch as you twist and flop and I shout "Mekron d'oloqpretan! Ghishaz kolomidrionof!"

Now THAT has to be the most original come-on I've ever heard.

ubblol

-Mike

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
i have once woken up in completely different clothes to what i went to bed in with my original clothes snuggled up in my arms. no idea how that happened.

i also have complete conversations with people on the phone or in text when i am asleep. a couple of times my mum has come into my room and had a conversation with me asking me to do something in the morning and i have no memory of it the next day...

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:

Written by: Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)

Now THAT has to be the most original come-on I've ever heard.

ubblol

Rats. You noticed. Well, does originality get me anything? No? Drat. :-)

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

Lucas Amember
41 posts

Posted:
When I'm up late watching films or on the internet, I always forget how I get to bed. The last thing I remember is typing on my computer, then all off a sudden I wake up in the morning in my bed. I hate it when I havent manage to get out of my outdoor clothes. It makes me feel like a dirty stop out in my own bedroom frown

Page: