Osirisnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
just wondering, since i'm not exactly used to buying chemicals, where exactly do you get copper chloride from? (for blue flames), and how much should i use? I know the faq says 'until it stops dissolving', but what sort of amounts does it generally take?

and is it safe?

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hi there!

welcome

coloured flames and where to buy chemicals to make them etc, is possibly the most commonly asked question on this website. Can I direct you to the search function which appears on the bar next to logout. You should always try doing a search before posting a new topic. If you type in coloured flames then you will find a wealth of information. good luck.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Actually, where to buy them isn't asked very frequently at all. However, it has indeed been discussed before. I'd post a link but for the life of me I can't seem to find it.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
click smile me

ubbangel

Osirisnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Indeed, though i did search (and have done again today) i was (and am) unable to find anything on actually buying the chemicals involved, the faq on coloured flames says 'pottery shops' but living where i do, (manchester) pottery shops don't appear to be all the rage.

So, if anyone know where to buy copper chloride (or any of the other compounds used to make coloured flames could you give me a shout/post below).
EDITED_BY: Osiris (1122370336)

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
My guess would be head to Stoke. Thats where all the potteries are and its hardly far from Manchester.