Forums > Social Chat > Harry Potter and the Fire Poi of Doom

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
Just wondering, am i the only one who apon seeing the british edition cover of the new Harry Potter book imediately thought Harry and dumbledore were surrounded by fire poi trails{i would put a question mark here but i cant find it on by keyboard} {yes i am serious}

peace
Lyra

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Hmm.. fire, trails, but not really poi-related. Sorry. More like a big "e".

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
Is this book out already? Not sure if i havent had enough of Potter actually. And while we're on the subject, where si this years harry potter film? Surely he'll be too old to play the part of the right year group soon?

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
No it's not out yet (where have you been? You can't miss it in any book shop, on any website but this or in any paper wink ), and November for the film.

I don't rate the books at all, can't stand the way JK writes, but I really enjoy the films for some unknown reason. I'm really looking forward to the next film, loved the last one.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Feuerkindnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
Written by: nearly_all_gone

Hmm.. fire, trails, but not really poi-related. Sorry. More like a big "e".

They probably put some spell on the rope to make it stand still so they could make the cover photo ;-)

... doch kein Feuer, blended weiß
taute je in mir das Eis...

kermitoverlord and maggot king
171 posts

Posted:
im not going to bother

welcome back to kermits mad land.

wont you join my teaparty.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
4 More Sleeps!!!!!!! (yes ok, i'm just a little bit obsessed... leave me alone.)

yeah... i hadn't noticed that... they do look like poi trails... i'm in aust, so that's the cover we get too...

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

oh and the question mark is on the same key as the slash... next to the fullstop... on a qwerty keyboard that is.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
oh... and fullstop=period, for you american-types...

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
hhmm...i have not actually seen the cover before but now that you mention it they do look a bit like poi trails......

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Harry Potter..... yeeeee!!!!

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
Harry potter... muh who cares...
the movies could have sooooo much more to them. plus a little more realistic could be good and not so much dodgy SFX

Do we sleep when we die?

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Books 1-3 = Very Good.

Everything else = Mediocre/ slightly above average maybe.

IMO anyway...

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Harry rocks

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
kids have only bought the rest because they got addicted to the first couple and can't let a story die.

Do we sleep when we die?

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
the story cant die! Im not a kid,and my addiction to harry potter is based on illogical irrelevance to everything, not just the first two books.

Long live Harry!

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
ahuh... *pats Blu's shoulder* don't worry, they will be back with your nice white jacket soon, i promise

Do we sleep when we die?

drakematrixSILVER Member
Maker of the Cheesecake
174 posts

Posted:
actually, I think that the fourth and fifth books are my favorite, particularly the fifth.. I just wish Dolores had gotten stomped. I'd have been cackling with glee...
EDITED_BY: drakematrix (1121217210)

What exactly do I have to light on fire to get you to notice me?

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

Hush Fury... harry potter's good. (3 more sleeps...)

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Watch out Mark1! J.K.R might try to "do" you for stealing a copywrite she "stole" wink *gasp* (Can i say that? Its just imo)

They were saying, on the news, that someone censored up and they started to relese the books early! Ie they were on sale! But they realised and stoped again confused Atleast someone scored. Wonder if anyone is selling their copy on e-bay early. Make abit of money i reccon.

drakematrixSILVER Member
Maker of the Cheesecake
174 posts

Posted:
doubt it, by the time the auction ended and the books got shipped, half of us will have already finished reading it

What exactly do I have to light on fire to get you to notice me?

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
thanks for the help FoxInDocs, but its not that i can't find the key, my keyboard is very messed up, if you hit the key with a question mark on it you get this instead - so basically all the keys functions are swithched around so that you just have to hit keys until you find the punctuation you want, it's a joy to type with let me tell you

about harry potter, there are some major problems and plot holes it those books and harry is probally the worst main character [characterization wise] that i can think of, but i also love the books, mainly because they are something ive grown up with, [ive just turned 16, like harry]

and besides, i love seeing hundreds of kids line up in the middle of the night to get a 700 page plus novel

peace
Lyra

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

it's not finished... you can tell me they're plot holes after the 7th. untill then, they're clues. :-p

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Singed piper!!!!
That is briliant!

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
OH Harry!!! How i long to be running with Hermione, Ron and yourself through the corridors of Hogwarts. Not long now my precious untill we can cause ruckus again. x

You'll find me on the dance floor

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
ive finnished the new one, has anyone else{insert question mark here}

its good but very sad/shocking

Lyra

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
my mummy just bought it for me! yay! smile

well annoyed it took so long to come out tho. he used to be my age and now he's 2 years younger! if i dream about him now it's just sick...not that i used to or anything..... ubbloco

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
yep i finished it yesterday...

oh my goshness.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Poi? Nah. Harry and the wizard guy are clearly spinning clubs.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
clubs hey? why clubs???

I havent read it yet, I have to wait for my sister to finish reading it before I can frown

A few of my friends are reading it and say something happens at the start, but it is obvious... grr! I soo wanna read it!

We were talking about it in french today and one of the girls cant stand it as "it gives a miconception about Wiccans" or something like that...

Page: