• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Sick butterfly | newbie warning

Login/Join to Participate

Feuerkind

Total posts: 6
Posted:My butterfly is sick, I think...

What I am trying to do is to just to flip it once behind my head and then go back to spinning in front of me again. Backwards, sort of. It works brilliantly in the normal direction, and I can do it with one hand and alternating with left and right hand overhead. But when I do it backwards, the damned things just decide to turn on me, and I start spinning the "normal way" when I get in front again.

I think the little dwarf inside my head is trying to lull me into the belief that this might come in handy - far more so than the normal way of doing things, so that I cannot seem to be able to learn it properly.

Any suggestions? (And excuse my blatant ignorance when it comes to the Correct Terminology. It's all rather new to me smile )

... doch kein Feuer, blended wei
taute je in mir das Eis...

Delete Topic

.:star:.
SILVER Member since Jan 2005

.:star:.

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1785
Posted:I'm sure there is lots of info out there about this if you use the search function

heres a useful thread
http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/show...prev=#Post97789
br>
You should always try and search HoP before posting a new thread because, that means that all the info is kept in a few useful threads rather than there being lots of little repeat threads with snipets of info in.

To sum it up, if you left hand is above you right infront of you then it should be other way round behind you. The easiest way is to put one had on top of each other and keep them touching as you put them over your head. Hope that makes sense

Delete

Feuerkind

Total posts: 6
Posted:I should've mentioned; I did try to search, but the amount of hits on "backward* butterfly" was a bit discouraging.

Written by: .:star:.

To sum it up, if you left hand is above you right infront of you then it should be other way round behind you. The easiest way is to put one had on top of each other and keep them touching as you put them over your head. Hope that makes sense

Cheers for answering! The thing is, I do get them over and back again, no problem, it's just that when I do it backwards, I manage to turn the pois so they spin the other way around when they are in front of me. That sort of puts me into a pain when I try to do it single handedly... Well, I guess practice makes perfect, but this has been annoying me for a couple of days confused

EDITED_BY: Feuerkind (1121102538)

... doch kein Feuer, blended wei
taute je in mir das Eis...

Delete

spiralx

spiralx

veteran

Total posts: 1376
Posted:Try doing as little as possible to your poi. The momentum they have should keep them spinning correctly as you move your hands behind your head and back, as long as you move your hands properly you shouldn't need to do anything else. Sounds like you're trying to spin the poi behind your head which is changing their path...

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Delete

tadpole
GOLD Member since Nov 2002

enthusiast

Total posts: 200
Posted:Also try making sure your palms are facing the sky as your hands pass over your head.

Don't worry, be happy...

Delete