Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Big meet (I hope) - we like 'em large ;)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Right enough is enough. We want visitors!!

We want you here, on the 24th, for a picnic, spin and chatter. And if you can stay for long enough, fire too.
And you can shush if your going to fal, because I may just throw bricks at you. Hastings is a much better place to be wink

Londoniums, Southhampty, West Sussex and Brighton types are all in travelling distance so don't moan about the cost. I don't care :P
Trains arses on sundays? Drive. No car? Sellotape wings to your arms and fly and/or attach a frisky seagull to your skateboard via string.

I'm rather miffed that I missed everything important and interesting at Clapham. So I am making a vague attempt at making things important and interesting here. If I get five people to come from afar(ish) I shall make a cake. A green one.

Right enough persuading. Along with the details.
I want to see you, yes you at Alexandra Park at 2.30pm on Sunday the 24th of July. There we will spin, eat, possibly drink a few beers, winge that we need the toilet alot and be happy people smile When the time comes we shall rearrange our wordly possesions into our carrying things and transport them on a short walk to the beach. Where we will spin fire and be even more happy and smiley.

Sounds like a deal? I think so.
PMs more than welcome asking questions on directions and the meaning of life ect. Hope to see more than just us lot there, if not I shall cry frown

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by: loves the circus

and they do have a good jukebox selection...

umm when was the last time you went in there?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Im impressed......

Places sorted bar 2

Place to crash........ - will leave with the locals smile

Place in case of ain - i think we can scrub that with all the other places we have, we wont need one - lets jus stay in the pub biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
where you crash depends on how many people are comming..but still. we may be able to scrap up floor space for you wink tongue hug

otherwise. bostin' smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
'bostin' confused

gem me up on the hastings massive lingo there Aimz wink

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Last time I went in there?

I was 18 at the time... But do they still have the huge connect four? or even huge jenga?

My friend runs (or at least, last time I spoke to him) the Oddfellows in ore village... Always a fun pub...

Friday night I can make. Just. But I mustn't get too pissed before going on a long drive the next day...

We could always go clubbing with toys afterwards... But then they'll look at the toys and think we're part of the huge chav population in Hastings and think we're gonna start trouble... Might get away with it, though...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
clubbing with toys in hastings is generally a no.
there is only one club that most of us will even consider going to and its a no-go zone on fridays (when it is inexplicably over-run by scary old women)

i havent seen the massive connect four in a while.

we dont just drink in the pig - we also hit revolver, the street, harpers, the office, spoons, the stag, ye olde pump house, the anchor etc etc etc depending on moods. revolver is good for exhausted collapsing out of the rain (as is the office), the pig is our food stop and the street is the quiet place of tea and hoegaarden.

if you're driving, strugz, then its a lot easier to find you a place to kip. such a place we will sort out closer to the time, because i may *crosses fingers and prays to god to find her a new job* have a new flat by then..

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
oh, and we can play crazy golf and run up and down the beach and play 2p slots and do other fun things.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
a new flat? but your only 16, like me wink ho ho

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
*looks very sulky* i'm almost not talking to him for that

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
tehe. But he has a rubber toy, you have to speak to him.

eek We can shoot the rangers!!!!

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
Written by: *Aimée*

But he has a rubber toy, you have to speak to him.

ubblol ubblol ubblol

aimee if i didnt know you better i'd think you were being rude wink

dont worry i'm not sulking, only almost sulking. i dont look 16? i havent looked 16 since i was 13...huff...

anyway..back to the important stuff like what cocktails we'll be forcing down their necks. a trip to the monkey and the crypt on the saturday night? golly loz that sounds like a plan!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
you shall have to do your bestest 'shuffling in an underaged thing' for the crypt and monkey.

and me? rude? I am aimée, I'm never rude tongue

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
its fine. honestly, fine. i was going to both when i was not meant to...admittedly a little bit of strategically placed flirting/drinking with barmen was helpful..
but what can i say, i'm just a dirrty little ho.
harhar.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
frown The Invasion of Wales was sort of penciled in for the second weekend in September frown

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
un-pencil it and invade hastings instead.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thats a bit hard as I've been making deals with people to let us have their Farm field to camp in... but hey what does it matter that I've been trying for 3 weeks to get them to agree......

I give up! Today is over . I'm going to bed!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
...said in jest...

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
hmmm.... 10/11 Sept? I'll have to see a bit closer to the time, my plans change on an almost daily basis and who knows what might change up until then,will do my best..... since its not a far drive at all it would be rude not to come play though.

biggrin

Is the camping good in Hastings? There will probably be four or five of us.
EDITED_BY: blu_valley (1121857713)

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Can't say I've ever camped in Hastings..PM Mynci, he was camping last time he was down here. smile

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
camping is ok, i think shearbarn is the closest to town, thats where mynci stayed when he came down.

Page: