Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Big meet (I hope) - we like 'em large ;)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Right enough is enough. We want visitors!!

We want you here, on the 24th, for a picnic, spin and chatter. And if you can stay for long enough, fire too.
And you can shush if your going to fal, because I may just throw bricks at you. Hastings is a much better place to be wink

Londoniums, Southhampty, West Sussex and Brighton types are all in travelling distance so don't moan about the cost. I don't care :P
Trains arses on sundays? Drive. No car? Sellotape wings to your arms and fly and/or attach a frisky seagull to your skateboard via string.

I'm rather miffed that I missed everything important and interesting at Clapham. So I am making a vague attempt at making things important and interesting here. If I get five people to come from afar(ish) I shall make a cake. A green one.

Right enough persuading. Along with the details.
I want to see you, yes you at Alexandra Park at 2.30pm on Sunday the 24th of July. There we will spin, eat, possibly drink a few beers, winge that we need the toilet alot and be happy people smile When the time comes we shall rearrange our wordly possesions into our carrying things and transport them on a short walk to the beach. Where we will spin fire and be even more happy and smiley.

Sounds like a deal? I think so.
PMs more than welcome asking questions on directions and the meaning of life ect. Hope to see more than just us lot there, if not I shall cry frown

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
Basically, we're going to keep pestering until you come.

If you want ducks, bring your own. I wandered off to look at some the other day and discovered they were seagulls. SEAGULLS MAKE BAD DUCKS.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
*pester pester pester*

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Wouldn't it be easier to just come to fal.... um the place we are not meant to mention? There will be loads of us there biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
nein, as that would mean lots of money to get there, buying a tent, and others things. Plus i leave for Cambridge on the monday.
*throws a lego brick at Skully, just cos shes special*

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: *Aimée*

Londoniums, Southhampty, West Sussex and Brighton types are all in travelling distance so don't moan about the cost. I don't care :P

Umm... to quote a very pretty lady from Hastings tongue ubblol

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Aimee eek

what a weekend to pick a big meet !

Cant you go for one in august - any weekend - then the soton massive will be there smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I agree I have the first 2 weekends in August free and the last one...... although Swansea to hastings is a bit of a trek for one afternoon/evening. Is there any camping site about I could stay at?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
skully you can always come the friday night and stop at our inn its about half way - then you can mosey ondown with us lot biggrin

....just a thought ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
we are all busy busy bees over the summer!
Especially August! Reading and Scotland and a Musical and other people travelling and oh my. First week? I think? Is free. I think n'other can be arranged for then.

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
aimee not everything revolves around you :P

we're all free from the end of this month til reading (other than aimee who is a waffacake) so if skully, strugz and 'the soton massive' fancy coming down, pick a weekend, let us know and we will find you campsites etc! (would offer places to stay but i live far far out of town in the sticks)

in the meantime, hastings is a nice alternative to falmouth for the kids that cant get there for the same reasons we cant (time off work, money, tents etc)

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
psssh, course it does tongue

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
*angrily shakes fist*

Bah! Lousy choice of dates!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Strugz is this the inn where the door is always open but you keep your back door closed? ubblol

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
we've got spinners visiting us that weekend anyway...so like i've ALREADY SAID we thought we'd make an alternative to falmouth for people who couldnt make it. we are in no way trying to compete or make you choose, and since we meet every sunday anyway its not like you're missing out?

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
see this is what happens when people arrange me..they don't tell me things. Upon telling mother my plans for the 24th she every so gracefully says 'oh but you're leaving a day earlier now'
ARSE BISCUITS dosn't even cover it in the slightest
*isn't impressed*

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Strugz is this the inn where the door is always open but you keep your back door closed? ubblol

Exactly - im glad you take note of things i say skully, or is it that youve been there before ubblol skully the lurker....... spying on my inn rolleyes it has an out as well you know wink

ARSE BISCUITS dosn't even cover it in the slightest

Top word ubblol but hugfor sounding cheesed off smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
If I had the energy to be a stalker rest assured I'd choose to stalk you Strugz but as I don't I won't biggrin Don't be too disappointed, I'm sure we can find you an official stalker here on HoP. I'll ask a few of the really freaky people to send in CV's so you can pick one ubblol

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Awww nice one skully - youd do that for me..... smile

wink

However out of all the wierdos on here i think id rather you stalked me to be honest - so if you could find someone that matches your standards of wierdness and niceness id be happy biggrin

ubblol

I dont think ive ever had a stalker before........

**looks out of window, whilst trying not to twitch the net curtain - is it safe! **

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: squarexedge

we're all free from the end of this month til reading

eek So if you're free, why don't you all come HERE the weekend before Reading? wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
The dudes got a point smile

eh eh eh?

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
becaauuuse...i get paid on the 22nd. and i have absolutely no spare money until i get a new job *curses* which is why y'all have to come here.

plus it is a long way, and between us we have a whole one car and one motorbike for transport.
EDITED_BY: squarexedge (1121170795)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:

Drive. No car? Sellotape wings to your arms and fly and/or attach a frisky seagull to your skateboard via string.

wink

But hey - i do understand, a meet in hastings will happen im sure - lets just get summer madness out the way biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Strugz make sure 2 bags doesn't see the idea bout wings seagulls and skateboards...... you know how easily led he is! ubblol

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol yeh right skully - i was only having a conversation with him the other day about freezing flys to "knock them out" then tying a bit of cotton around them "carefully" so that when they wake up you can take them for a walk smile

After which he left mine feeling inspired ubblol

As for the skateboard hes moved on a bit from that and now wants a "bed of nails skateboard" ubblol

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Yeah he told me that in Ireland.... he's a freak, but he's our freak... ahh bless him ubblol

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
There is no other freak id rather work with biggrin

Well apart from frodo maybe wink ubblol

Arnt i the lucky one biggrin

Anyhow!

offtopic

lets let Aimee sort out her gathering smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
....there is plenty of camping in hastings. and it's only 2 hours from southampton, i'll come back when I'm free.....hows thoth?

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Count me in whenever you decide to have the meet,will bring 3 other crazy Britonions with me who arnt HOPpers.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ah ha. i knew mrs blu_valley would pop her head in sometime wink
there is this one, which I won't be at (*sob* i know) and another somewhen a bit further forward for the soton mafia to arrive

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
ok, confirm the dates again and I will make a plan!

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Page: