Forums > Social Chat > A REALLY good idea (perhaps!)

Login/Join to Participate

Sir Nuggit....is a liability
899 posts

Posted:
East Anglian Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of Emergency ( ICE )" campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award. The idea is that you store the word " I C E " in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them. It's so simple that everyone can do it. Please do. Please will you also forward this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life. For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
mm, smart for the modern world. keeping up with the times eh. smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
i'm in hospital so often that i have a wing named after me! ubblol
but seriously good idea.
*puts info in phone*

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
will do that, too smile

Nuggit, do you have an emergency number in case of crumpet shortage (ICoCS), too? If yes, can you send it to me? ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

899 posts

Posted:
ubblol we should all club together and open up a crumpet pool. When you buy a round of crumpets, stick some in storage so when one of us runs out, call you closest ICoCS representitive to send some on ubblol ubblol

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
When i was younger i spent a fair bit of time at the hospital. Then in highschool i had to an assignment(for extra credit) on the hospital signage and directorys as people had been complaining so much. The sad thing is, i didn't need the floor plans to find myself around on the 8 floors and i knew the hospital better than the guide that they gave me.

i think this is a pretty good idea. Especially for those that dont have "mum" "dad" "home" etc stored in their phone. I wonder if the Australian ambulance service would be able to use the same campaign.

Do we sleep when we die?

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
yeah, but how many people have their phone off? I rarely turn mine off. If i'm in a class, meeting etc, i just have it on silent.
Thinking of getting this.

Do we sleep when we die?

899 posts

Posted:
Cor, that's a serious piece of kit! Doesn't say how much it'll be though.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I had an email a few days ago from my cousin giving this info. good idea, but like Spanner said, not so good if you have to enter a pin or security code.

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Its a good idea, it may not work for everyone (no phone, PIn code etc) but is simple and effective in many cases, the other choice is not to do it . . . and that just seems silly. . .