Forums > Social Chat > does anyone remember??!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
im bored...... as your about to realise!!
does anyone remember the name of the cartoon with had a loada raqoons in it and i think they ran a news paper or sumin, and there was a bad guy called sedric and he was pink with a big nose and three stupid little pigs were always mucking up his evil plans?! i dunno maybe ive just imagined a new childhood for myself but im sure it existed!!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
i used to have all the book and tape things of heman! and i have the theme tune on MP3...

"by the power of grey skull..."

my parents tell me that i could reciet most of the tapes from memory. Rather scary!

twas a quality cartoon!

I think i remember nightmare, although i'm sketchy on that one. how bout dungeons and dragons! that was very cool!

Havoc

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
ok i've just read the large majority of that last thread, and i am appauled that no one remembers starcom! it was like mask, but in space ships. i had loads of the toys, with like magets and stuff...

that was great fun! Other than that, what a cool thread, how the hell did i miss that one?? oh well

Havoc

This is gonna do it!!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I remember dungeons and dragons - I always wanted a bow that could fire those wierd energy arrows.
The midget dungeon master really annoyed me though, he never gave a straight answer.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

VictoriaBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
ld have to say that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was one of the best cartoons, oh and the smurfs were great too (but why was there only one girl smurf?) last weekend I was watching an old TMNT movie and it brought back so many memories!
Someone mentioned the Gummi Bears, well I found a ska cover for the theme song done by Suburban Legends...it's great....has anyone by chance found a cover for the Ninja Turtles theme song...I've been looking, but couldn't find can't seem to find one
it's been a while since I seen the Racoons....aw that was a great cartoon....
oh X-men was fun too....oh the memories

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Visionaries? something like that, Knights who had holograms of animals and mythical creatures on their armour and could turn into them? I don't know if the action figures were a spin off of the cartoon or vice versa. Here's a few more I just thought of:
Mask, Gobots, Centurions, Ivor the engine, and does anybody remember the moomins when it wasn't a cartoon? when it was like fuzzy felt or something like that, and it was really dark and disturbing?

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
believe i remember the visionaries, although i only ever had the action fiugures. Dont remember teh cartoon, although i dunno whether that means that the figures were first...

still no one knows starcom... I am appauled!

Havoc

This is gonna do it!!

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
what about Beetlejuice cartoons. Hmm... mayhap I can talk my sith pop band into doing covers for cartoons. if we are still together that is

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Wasn't starcom those little spacemen with magnetic boots?

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
beetle juice fucking rocked!! i thort the cartoons were better than the film!!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
The best programs from my childhood have got to be, Nightmare!! (the game show, like dungouns and dragons) dose anyone remeber this!! if your over 19/20 then your prob to old.

and Incredable Games, wich i always wanted to go on. there was like this huge bowl of cereal that you had to swim in, and get the lettetrs to spell words, then a bit with this guy in a black cape that had breathing poblems that you had to avoid, then the penthouse at the end at the top of the skyscraper it was set in, you had to find key and clues (ect)

anyone rember these??

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Spiral:
Does any body remember knightmare? With treygaurd andf the dodgy elf? "Spellcasting" and then you had to shout out the spell letters? and the odd back projection, dodgy graphics and odious black door?
I'm 24 and it was round when I was a kid!!!

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
urban culture - are you trying to say that us older lot have no memories?

i'd be insulted if i could recall what i'm complaining about

wherever you go, there you are.

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
please kiddes we'll have no fighting in my topic thank you, i consider it blashamy against the raquoons and thats the one thing i wont stand for...................... EVER!!
LONG LIVE THE RAQUOONS!!

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
yipeeee... spiral u are the winner, yep the ones with the magnetic boots, and magnetic ships and stuff that u could attach them to, and lots of mechanical stuff... soo cool!

beetlejuice was quality, but i dont remember anything specific. very wierd cartoon from memory

Havoc

This is gonna do it!!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
sorry - came to this thread quite late (as usual)

but i had to say...

quote:
Originally posted by Spiral:
ulyses 31?
YES! didn't he have a gun that turned into a sword that turned into a shield!? kind of like a lightsabre but with *all* the options...

[ 23 October 2002, 00:24: Message edited by: coleman ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Christ yeah! I'd forgotten that, and that little red robot thing. is it just me turning into and old git or are childrens cartoons these days crap?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
cartoons today are mostly crap... mostly.

obviously we have the simpsons, futurama, family guy and southpark not to mention the forthcoming adult version of ren & stimpy.

however, as far as cartoons for kids go the only ones i really watch and enjoy are samurai jack and the powerpuff girls. the old animated batman rocked but that started in '92 and the current 'batman of the future' i don't really like. x-men evolution is okay though.

it seems that cartoons have almost become over-simplified - or is it just the fact that i'm older now...? whatever the reason, as far as i see it programmes like cities of gold and dogtanian has proper, series-length plots like normal tv serials and there doesn't seem to be that kind of cartoon on tv any more.

ah well, i'll stick to me comics ... POWERS rules! ...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

clairebearmember
52 posts
Location: jersey - Little rock, not quite there and almost h...

Posted:
Sorry to harp a bit, but sort of back to the Knightmare genre,
does anyone remeber the game where the team had to collect perspex counters with shapes on, and the final task was crossing a grid and trying to avoid a large walking cheese plant?

Maybe it was just me, but I'm sure I saw it!
That and the one with the walking dinosaurs.

Be Cautious of who you sniff, they could be an EnemyBig love and fluffy rainbow light in bundles. Bear xxx xxx xxx

Page: