Forums > Social Chat > does anyone remember??!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
im bored...... as your about to realise!!
does anyone remember the name of the cartoon with had a loada raqoons in it and i think they ran a news paper or sumin, and there was a bad guy called sedric and he was pink with a big nose and three stupid little pigs were always mucking up his evil plans?! i dunno maybe ive just imagined a new childhood for myself but im sure it existed!!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it was called "The Raccoons". That show was the shiznit, no doubt.

For those that haven't seen it, it had a very people vs. corporate greed message and covered a pretty good array of environmental and social issues. Whole bunch of kids making their own wages and doing their own thing and never giving up, while Cyril "the man" Sneer tried to suck out the forest's soul. Bad guys never win.

I think Cedric grew up, sold his shares in his dad's business, used the money to fund environmental and social protection programs, and became a poet.

I watched that show all the time. I grew up to be an activist. Go figure.

[ 10 October 2002, 09:56: Message edited by: Rick ]

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I remember it. I watched it, and grew up to be a money hungry capitalist, bulldozing forests to build big polluting factories. Go figure

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
i remember that show! blimey... thats a loooong time back, well for me anyways.

How bout this one... prolly gonna be quite badly explained, but its been bugging me for ages...

its was a kinda pirate thing, with a good boat and a bad boat. All i remember about the bad one, was that it was made of bones, and was really big, (as was the baddie captain)

the main problem was this kinda oil stuff which kept cropping up, and they were possibly trying to recover some jewels or something??

other than that i cant really remeber... i have a good mental image, but for the life of me cant remember the name of it...

anyone better than me??

Havoc

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I believe you're thinking of Pirates of Dark Water. They (Ren, Tula, Nibbler & someone else) were saving the world from the Dark Water, for which they needed the power of said treasures (medallions, crowns, etc...). The baddie (Bloth?) was after the treasures to use the Dark Water's powers.

Yes, I was a big fan It was very good!

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
hehe, they still show it soetimes up here in the great white north. It has to be one of my favorite toons

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I guess I missed out during my child hood. I was quite happy watching Cyote and Road runner, Winnie the Pooh and Animal planet + Discovery channel...

Much love to you cartoonaholics, Drome, the disney channel child

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
yeah the raquoons that was it!! thanx!! i loved it, i think thats when i started being a bit hippy-ish i wonder if you could by it on video.
oh my gosh ide forgotten all about that dark water pirate thing!! thats just brought back a hell of a loada memories.
i miss being little. does anyone remember that series version of peter pan they used to have?!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
No but you just triggred my memory on how much I loved Alice in Wonderland when I was a wee one.

I thought it was cool and exiting. I always wanted to be Alice and go on adventures like her.

Little did I know when I was that young that the whole story was inspired by a trip on Mescaline.

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
oh yes of course! pirates of the dark water! and i think it was bloth! lol... that was a good show

i remember that peter pan show, not in much detail, but certainly that it was around...

This is gonna do it!!

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
all this talk of being little is making me wanna do stuff like finger painting and those wickid little paperdolls u could make and put different clothes on them i miss being a child

Ictusmember
60 posts

Posted:
Pirates of Dark Water! They don't make quality toons like that anymore (apart from Zoids ).

You all must remember Cities of Gold (can't remember the full name) with the golden condor that was powered by the sun? I only remember snipets but my mum keeps telling me how much I loved it and watched it loads! I've signed the online petition for it to be re-broadcast trillions ( ) of times but, alas...

Art is a re-creation of the world according to the artist's metaphysical value-judgements -Ayn Rand

Time is the fire in which we burn -Gene Roddenberry

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
cities of gold, what a toon! does anybody remember jayce and the wheeled warriors? it used to be on channel 4 at stupid o'clock in the morning. that was pretty fantastic too.or ulyses 31? Is it just me or are kids shows today full of utter crap, and things that don't even know how to talk properly? They sound like the mind gap after too many drugs!!

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
battle of the planets .. anyone remember that .. with the phoenix and the bad guy ( i think his name was zolton) and Ki-op the stuttering kid.. wow .. memory flashback . the racoons is still on .. on aptn ( aboriginals people telivision network ) here in canada .. hmmm

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
woo..i used to love pirates of dark water. i always told my mom that i wanted to grwo up and be just like ren! hehehe...man..seems like so long ago. it would be nice to see that show again...that or captain planet. you guys remember that one? with the rings and the guy with green hair who all fought against pollution and such? they had the pig-like guy and the rich capitalist and all that...man...havent seen that one in like 4 years...

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
great news, if you, like i, get up real early on a saturday morning and whack on bbc1 you too can see the raccoons (esp during school hollys)

i shit u not

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
how about chocablock? I wanted a little van just like johnny ball

[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:
you had werid cartoons over on that side of the pond.

hehe
I remember watching the Gummi Bears, and transformers, and the smurfs!
and of course all the Mel Blanc cartoons!

yey for cartoons!!

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic

Ictusmember
60 posts

Posted:
Do any of you remember Tim Currie (of 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' fame)? He was the voice of many a cartoon baddie. I remember him in that Peter Pan cartoon spin-off one, as the oil demon thing in the film 'Ferngully', and a few others. He's just got that voice, y'know?

Art is a re-creation of the world according to the artist's metaphysical value-judgements -Ayn Rand

Time is the fire in which we burn -Gene Roddenberry

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Johnny Ball wasn't on Chockablock. I think it was Christopher Lillycrap. You should ask Mind Gap.

Meh

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
i don't remember johnny ball being on chock-a block but liam's here next to me trying to convince me i'm wrong

wherever you go, there you are.

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
great ill defo be getting up extra early to watch the raquoons then!!
does anyone remember the one about the green space bunny?! i cant remember what thats called either, but it was good!!
i found a captain planet video in a charity shop today!! and they had a teenage mutant hero turtles video!! they keep playing the theame choon to it in the common room.
peace n love
kitty x x x
the child princess!

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Heroes in a half-shell
Turtle power!

They're the world's most fearsome fighting team (We're really hip!)
They're heroes in a half-shell and they're green (Hey - get a grip!)
When the evil Shredder attacks
These Turtle boys don't cut him no slack!

Splinter taught them to be ninja teens (He's a radical rat!)
Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (That's a fact, Jack!)
Raphael is cool but crude (Gimme a break!)
Michaelangelo is a party dude (Party!)

Heroes in a half shell
Turtle power!

sorry bout that cudnt resist!!

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
I think that the green space bunny u are refering to was bucky-o-hare! That was ridiculously cool!

And captain planet too... feeling quite nostalgic now!

"captain planet... he's our hero... gonna take polution down to zero!"

I'll stop now!

Havoc

This is gonna do it!!

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
thats the one!! well done havoc ide give a prize but i dont have one!!
ive found a web site where u can downlaod loadsa theme choons, theyve got the raquoons, button mood, teenage mutant hero turtles AND captain planet amongst others!!

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Does any body remember knightmare? With treygaurd andf the dodgy elf? "Spellcasting" and then you had to shout out the spell letters? and the odd back projection, dodgy graphics and odious black door?

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Ever listen in on a conversation of two people reminiscing and wind up with severe deja vu? I've never heard of most of those shows, yet they seem terribly familar

Dah!

I hate deja vu...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
please dont come after me coz i started this and u got deja vo. im sorry!!!!!!!!! please noooooooo put the nutella down!!

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
hmmm... what about the one wif the barbarian and ... wait, He-Man that wass it, and there was the evil skeleton and hehe...

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
he was called skelator!! he scared the b'jesus outta me wen i was tiny

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
it seems to me that everyone on this thread should enjoy this one too

wherever you go, there you are.

Page: