s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
hi,I was feeling real sick and a bit down today - but come this evening I was great. I was listening to the Petshop Boys of all things (I'm not a big fan at all), and this drumbeat in this song sounded pretty cool. And I thought hey! I can twirl to this (a.k.a. ykaterina )and this one move that has been bugging me for a little while (few weeks) was the btb weave then btb circular weave turn type thing. (Like Jo Derry's movie) And so I tried moving my hands and it worked - put poi in them for a few minutes and I could do it! YAY!It was the drum beat that helped me figure it out and fully worked with it. Anyone else had this happen to em? I got my bf to bang on the lid of a bin for a drumbeat when I was outside and it all worked again. (and again and again =) ) Drum beats are bloody sacred things.100000 cheers for all the drummers out there.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

bobrobmember
61 posts

Posted:
hear, hear! (i'm a big drum fan) (thats a big fan of drums, not a fan of big drums) (although big drums are cool too) i'll come back when i have something intelligent to say. frown

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
Splat, i love drums too. i remember first learning to weave forwards and back. I finally nailed them and the turn while listening to a load of drummers at my local club. Since then they have deffinately helped me sus a load of moves. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">----------------[/image]Others see the world as they want to and ask, why not?"

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
dammit! when am i going to get the btb foreward circular weave?!?!?!?! it is my biggest frustration. i'm at the point where moves mean nothing, my brain turns off, and i just flow (and flow like a sick madman!!), but still this btb action frustrates me. at least i have the reverse down pat.
Non-Https Image Link

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Hey Dangerboy, how long did it take you to get to this point? ("moves mean nothing, brain just shuts off and it flows"). I still think too much in terms of move and switching from one to this other. It sucks.Thanks,nomad