Sexy Chickmember
27 posts

Posted:
Gee, Dom, it realys sounds like all of them are preps...lol

Walking slowly through the rain...Without worries theres no pain...If you see a shooting star...All your problems seem so far.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I don't like preps. They started a fight with a drunk guy I know, and then maced him and ran away.
Cowards

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
meh, preps suck.....my school is over run with them....and they all think they are cool in there own prepy way....
but the cool people are the ones that wear spikey braclets, listen to rap, and hardcore
metal, and can beat the crap out of the preps!!!!
hehehe....
rock on.....

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

536 posts

Posted:
and thats why they are called "prep rallys".....

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
in australialand, prep means 'preschooler'
could someone please fill in this ignorant wrong-hemisphere boy as to what a 'prep' means in this thread? ta muchly! me have a vague idea about class war....

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

536 posts

Posted:
lemme sum it up....
Prep kid....Mommy/Daddy dependant rich kid....athletic kids, wear all of the nice clothes
ambercrombie&fitch, and listens to pop. country,
and all of the other mainstream bands....

freak/cool kid.....self dependant middle class working kid...wears spikey bracelets,listens to any other kind of music besides Punk,Sca,deathmetal,and tekno....and all of the other starer bands...(a non-popular new bandthat has yet to reach the mainstream)

geek kid...teachers pet...wearz pocket protecterz,
like being at school, and enjoys any type of star-trek.....
---------------
Mixes:
geek/freak.....me.... ....erm....*coughs*
wears freak/cool kid clothes is really smart....
and can play a band and garage band instument...

freak/prep.....kid that gets his clothes from
hot-topic that his/her parentz pay for....

geek/prep....smart, parent dependant kid that has nothing better to do than try to be a cool kid....
wears "vans" and tries to act tough...*tsk.tsk.tsk*

well ther ya go that aboot sums it up unless some one else has another group....
-------------
Goth Kids.....wears black, aetheist, and hates other children...i like these kids....

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
well I would fall more under the freek/geek area but then again I like to dress up with in some decnet clothes so I would fall under prep too.

I think that I would fall under the dont give a rats ass what catagory or what others think about me group hehe

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
ALL YOU PEOPLE AND YOUR FRIGGIN STEREOTYPES!

who cares who is who? just because they wear certain clothes, hang out with whatever crowd, listen to certain types of music, or anything else, why does it really matter. the only reason I could see someone being angry at another for is jealosy. the reason most "freaks" hate "preps" is because at some point in childhood they we're hurt by a "prep" in some way or another when they were trying to be friends with the "prep", generally because they didn't fit in. the "preps" hate the "freaks" because they are constantly talking smack.

why must people continue to spread the hatred? it is an endless cycle that only causes petty rivalries and childish tormenting. every last one of us is going to die, no matter how much you'd like to accept it or not, which makes us all equal.

my solution is to do away with all clothes.

but I would probably fall into the stoner/freak/metalhead(buttrocker), although aboot all I listen to is techno, and I was considered in school to be highly intelligent. and never fully fit in with any crowd.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
hmmmm I was the one drama guy in my school (which incidently was rated the top school in Australia, which says how rooted our education system is) and being the one drama guy the general urge was to call me homosexual except that I had a not so innocent rep with the ladies so that didnt stick for long. I loved it because people had a lot of trouble stereotyping me, my friends were all very different to each other and I was involved in lots of stuff no-one else took interest in (eg Fire twirling). Dont let anyone stick you into a box using stereotypes, if they do, suprise them with a side of your self they dont know exists. (preferably not a psychotic side).

One thing I was proud of being branded with, was in our year book I was voted most likely to appear on the cover of a romance novel! Yeah GO TEAM!!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
haha.. "romance novel" nice work : )

I think we should be 'who we are' - not who we think society wants us to be, or who society is currently classifying as "cool".
coolness lies in the eye of the beholder! or something.

brian - "you are all individuals"
crowd - "we are all individuals"

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Now how can you argue something that finishes with a monty python quote?

"He's not the mesiah!!! He's a very naughty boy!!"

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

2,905 posts

Posted:
There is another side besides psycho?

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Hey, dun worry, they all grow out of it after high school! And while you're IN high school it feels nice and secure to have a label and a fixed group of people you can hate

everyone's unique except me

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
what about the dits'? My auntie is a dits and I told that to her face She wasn't to happy afterwards, but someone has to do the dirty work Now, I don't like stereotyping, but if you were to stereotype, I would fall under Goth/Punk/Reggae/Funk guy

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I think I'm going to have to go with Sodium on this one.

Mark Twain once said: "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." (Then again, he never saw the 60's...)

Be that as it may, I've found that what really matters is that you get to know the person underneath the clothes.

1) Never judge people by how much money they were born into. Rich kids had no more say in which womb they would fall out of than did poor kids. A number of wealthy families raise their kids to be frugal, hardworking, and independent. Writing someone off because their parents had money is no better than writing someone off for being poor.

2) People like different kinds of music. It's all good. Except country. People who listen to country must all die.

3) There's this view that the "in" squad (the A&F crew) is on a higher social level than the "freak" squad. That leads to the "freak" squad hating the "in" squad and the "in" squad looking down on the "freak" squad. That attitude just propagates itself.

4) Also, having seen my share of "in" squad people and "freak" people, I've found that people tend to dress to fit in with whatever their scene is. It's just that the "in" scene tends not to turn as many heads in general society as does the "freak" scene.

Personally, I tried really hard for much of my life to be part of the "in" scene and found that it just never really worked for me. And then I realized that was because it WASN'T me. But I'm not exactly in the "freak" scene, either. Oh, sure, by the standards of my class I'm about as freaky as they come, but by general "freak" standards, I'm pretty normal.

People dress in a certain way, among other reasons, to tell the world how they want to be seen. If a woman is walking around in a head shawl and is fully covered by her clothing, she's obviously comfortable telling the world that she's an observant Muslim. Someone with rasta hair, dreds, and thrift store clothing is sending a different message. (Hint: you see very few people with rasta hair who voted for Bush.) Me? I dress to let people know that I'm a bit off-mainstream, I guess. But mostly, I don't want people to take notice of me from a distance because I feel that the less attention I attract in day-to-day life, the better.

My view is that if you get to know me, you can decide whether you like me or not, rather than deciding that before we even exchange names.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Sexy Chickmember
27 posts

Posted:
wow, i never thought that i would get so many responses on an accident thingie
preps suck
punks rule
goths rule
lol

Walking slowly through the rain...Without worries theres no pain...If you see a shooting star...All your problems seem so far.

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
yup, yup, I agree with mike. country music sucks.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
but those tight pants are sooo sexy...

hahahhahahaha:lol:

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
yeah, i'm with sodium and mike, everyone is an individual, just some people try to hide behind scenes and masks.
anyhow, if you had to classify me, i'm a freak/geek, but hey who cares?

It's all good

536 posts

Posted:
i don't care what file i fall in but i'm tired of all of these kids thinkin their better coz they got a lot of money....
i mean come on....nobody is diffrent anymore....
i mean nationalities, races, languages....stuffs like that but i mean like we all...(well the kids)...all go to the same school.....all talk english...at least when we are suposed too....
i got in trouble for calling my sub an idiot in
japanese....she spoke very good jap. ....
and i got in trouble....
but anywhoo....and we all are doing the same as every other student.....
but i must say that "punks" and "goths" tend to make better friends!!!!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:

I can't help laughing. Sorry. This thread makes me feel really old, and want to say things like "when I was a girl...". So here we go...

When I was at school, I was definitely a freak, and a geek. And back then there was no way it was cool. You were just a freak and a geek. In a way it is nice that people are reclaiming strangeness, making it acceptable. But at the same time it still excludes people, "the geeks". And it still imposes a criteria on cool, only the criteria is different. You have to be a freak to be cool, but a certain type of freak, otherwise you are just a geek or just plain strange...

Back to being good old weirdo me...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

2,905 posts

Posted:
you mean there was a point when you wernt being wierd?