Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > ok, now how do i do reverse 5bt weave?

Login/Join to Participate

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
before any of you tell me to research this, i have done and still i cant pull it off. frown

At the moment im wrapping my arms around each other (right arm under and over left on the right side-is this right?) but my strings are wrapping themselves around my hand/arm. I dont think this is the way to do reverse 5bt, tho it does look quite pretty. I feel im sooo close to pulling this off, but after a week of practise im losing all hope (that and my head is not happy with the severe whacks it keeps getting)

am i anywhere near getting this beast of a move right? confused

You'll find me on the dance floor

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
no, seriously!!! i cant find hide nor hair of anything that will romotely convey how to do this move. The threads on here dont explain it very well, missing out massive bits of info. ubbcrying ubbcryingubbcryingubbcrying

come on guys, there has to be someone online who can do this spin?

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
There are lots and lots of threads about the reverse 5bt weave, here are a couple of searches that brought up lots of info

[Old link]

[Old link]

If you are stuck on something and you still can't do it with the descriptions in the threads (i know it can be really confusing sometimes!!) then bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. This means that when people search in future, there will be less threads for them to wade through to find the relavent info.

Happy spinning biggrin I hope you get the reverse 5bt soon!

Edit:also you might want to visit the [Old link] There is lots of useful info there biggrin
EDITED_BY: .:star:. (1120922389)

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna be cheeky and post an answereven though I shouldn't because it's in so many other threads. But I can't decide which one to bump so I'll do it here.

I recently learnt this move.

When the poi are on my left side, and my wrist twist up for the 5bts, I bend my left hand outwards (so that I can get the extra spin needed for the 5) and bend my right wrist over and under my left wrist.

I use my shoulders or my right wrist to pull the other across my body to the other side. I'm still needing to watch my planes a bit, but it's there. For the other side coming back, just replace the words 'left' with 'right' and vice versa.

The only other advice that can be given is practice. YOU need to work out the timing needed as nobody can teach you this better than yourself. See where you think you go wrong and what you think you need to do about fixing it. Use soft poi, you WILL hit yourself.

Have fun!!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
that helped a fair bit, cheers. smile

im off outside to practise. this move better be worth it!! nothing has taken me this long to learn.

Thanks all

wink your becoming my regular little helper Star xxx

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
happy to help!

Hope you manage to get it soon!