Forums > Meet Others > anyone in colchester (north east essex)?

Login/Join to Participate

partypSILVER Member
20 posts

Posted:
hoping to start something here so if there are any yokels let me know smile

Harlequin252newbie
4 posts

Posted:
colchester as in VT, USA? im in Norwich- on the border, across from Hanover, NH its a drive, but it might b worth it

Were there no circus, I would have no will to live

Lady DubwizeBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
in the Uk!!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I still think there should be a compulsory tax for americans who've ripped off english town names, with on the spot fines for those who automatically think that they invented them tongue

I lived in colchester for 4 years, ending last summer. Really wasn't much in the way of poi, got a few meets together and we spun after dark a few times in castle parks and the st boltophs ruins (photos here, here and here). Most of the time I just took the train down to clapham on the weekend. Spitz is do-able (just), as it's so close to liverpool street station.

Harlequin252newbie
4 posts

Posted:
its wierd- almost all of the towns in new England have English town names (duh) there is a colchester right near and essex in VT. I also think there's a Norwich, England (or maybe Norich)
I apologize for being an insenstive and presumptuous American

Were there no circus, I would have no will to live

UmbungoSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Ive lived in Colchester all my life, at the moment just off Abbots Rd... been spinning poi for 2 years and staff for 6 months.

Though am going out to Australia for a year in a few weeks... so wont be about much... in the mean time i have nout to do.... so let us know what u have planned.!

David

Winged AvengerSILVER Member
The official Emma Peel wannabe
226 posts

Posted:
Hi there,

I'm just about to move to Colchester (UK!!!!!!!!) as i'm starting a new scary job there and want to spin with jolly folks weavesmiley! Is there a regular meet or anything or would anyone like to meet up for one? grouphug

BTW also looking for a houseshare type thing..anyone any advice on best places to look or know of anywhere? Most online you have to pay and i'm a bit strapped! (or tight wink)

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

v_i_cmember
57 posts

Posted:
I live near Chelmsford, which is sort of closeish to Colchester... Spitz is 40 minutes for my by train, but would like to meet some fellow essex based spinners.

226 posts

Posted:
Excellant! We should meet up sometime! Hoping to move up within a week so keep me posted. I'll PM you my number as I don't know if i'll have internet access for a while!

"Always keep your bowler on in times of stress and watch out for diabolical masterminds" - Emma Peel

v_i_cmember
57 posts

Posted:
Written by: Winged Avenger

Excellant! We should meet up sometime! Hoping to move up within a week so keep me posted. I'll PM you my number as I don't know if i'll have internet access for a while!

OK. Likewise, you got my number now. When you get settled give me a buzz biggrin

226 posts

Posted:
There is the beginnings of a juggling/spinning club starting up in Colchester. At the moment we're looking for a venue but we're currently meeting informally at infrequent intervals (how vague can I be!)! PM me your details and I'll keep you up-to-date on whats happening and where. So far there are a few of everything (poi, juggling, diablo, staff etc) so let me know and come along! juggle weavesmiley welcome devil

226 posts

Posted:
So the juggleColchester Butterfingers Juggling Club is now officialubbrollsmile and very much welcomes spinners weavesmiley ...such as myself and v_i_c.

We will be meeting at 7.30-10 on Thursdays but the organiser is a bit reluctant to give out details of where we will be so PM me if you're interested and i'll let you know! But is close to the centre of town so never fear! It may also involve UV lights...woot!

Hope to see some Cambridge peeps around sometime wave LazyAngel,Sym and Vapricacid! Everyone is welcome! hug

v_i_cmember
57 posts

Posted:
Yes, what she said! Come along to Colchester biggrin

v_i_cmember
57 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

scoutnewbie
1 post

Posted:
We've changed the times it's now every Thursday 6.30pm to 9pm. Mail Colchesterbutterfingers@yahoo.co.uk for venue.

juggle

UmbungoSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:

Cool,

Typical that it got set up while im out in Oz.

Prehaps if its still going when i get back next September ill pay a visit.

On the off chance anyone is interested, follow my travels at:
www.spaces.msn.com/members/umbungo

Prehaps i already know some of you... smile

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Winged Avenger starting her own Poi meets, OK you're one of us hardcore elite now hah just kidding you were anyway! can't wait to come visit your UV spinny place! it sounds rockin!!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Winged Avenger starting her own Poi meets, OK you're one of us hardcore elite now hah just kidding you were anyway! can't wait to come visit your UV spinny place! it sounds rockin!!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

226 posts

Posted:
I would love to accept that title but I didn't start up the meets, twas a young man called Martin...but you're still welcome to come visit sweetie!

Sorry we missed you Umbongo...see you in sept!hug

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
Hey im trying to get in contact wit anyone around essex Dunnett_Jamie@hotmail.com

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
i left my e-mail cos im tired of trying to get in contact wit you ppl no one seems to answer my msgs

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

partypSILVER Member
20 posts

Posted:
nice to see butterfingers is up and running - me n martin wanted to get something going but i've been out of action for a couple of months (personal sh!t rather not go into it). Have you guys found a new venue cos i know buffalo's has moved...

weather will be better soon tho so we can reclaim our little bit down by the river biggrin

226 posts

Posted:
Woot! Totally up for a yummy out door by the river type meet. Have seen someone do poi and gave them my e-mail but I think they were scared of me.... *sobs*

crowley 2 - I thought I pm'd you?!? I will e-mail you and we can meet...need to make the most of yummy sunshine for spinny goodness!

V_I_C Good luck in the marathon...nutter!

226 posts

Posted:
Just to let eveyone know there is a big event at Clacton Pier on Saturday 29th April at 12 noon.

There will be circus skills workshops which includes poi and the day ends with a big parade at 5pm.

Its FREE and everyone is welcome!

More info here
https://www.creative-partnerships.com/events/134082?view=Standard

226 posts

Posted:
Hi...is it quiet in here or is it just me....

Just to let you know that the Colchester meets are starting again thisWednesday from 6.30pm in Castle Park by the bandstand. I may be a bit late as I have to work until about 7pm but there will be others there. The park shuts at 8pm but we then plan to move to middle mill for some fire! Hurrah!

226 posts

Posted:
Help! I'm looking for spinners/jugglers/performers to entertain 400 school children on Friday 21st July at about 12 noon in Colchester. The children will be making the shape of our new building to recognise the gallery's commitment to education, and a local army helicopter will be flying over to take aerial photographs.

If you're interested or have any queries please e-mail me karen@firstsite.uk.net

Thanks!