Page:
The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
had the valour of spirit to get my tongue pierced last friday,you think in general that was a good idea?

why?

ooh, an intrestin discussion!yu,,y smile

never ever EVER, poke me with that thing.

just my little joke. As always.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Can anyone beat Pounce with more than 4 tongue piercings?

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

DarthMeauxThe artist formerly known as Phae'xorl.
145 posts
Location: South-East Ohio (the foothills of the Appalacian M...

Posted:
Sadly no, I am quite satisfied with the three I have...I tried a 4th for a bit, but it made me lisp, and I was not all about that...Believe it or not, most people don't even know I have it pierced, let alone thrice...As it is, I have no speech impetiment (sp?), so, as I said before, 3 is the limit for me...

"...heaven is ordering a six piece chicken nugget and getting seven...and a switchblade."

LadayBRONZE Member
75 posts
Location: In UK for now, but born an lived in ZIMBABWE and S...

Posted:
Let's face it, they not there to improve the way we pronounce our words!

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
nope, but there are other benefits...ones which far outweigh good speech in my book biggrin

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
*Sits still and drools at the though* .... of good speach of cause biggrin ubblol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
they do rock been thinking about a second but really want a certain tattoo. I used to have a PTFE bar which was bendy that protects your teeth no end.
But do think they feel good and people don't have to see it!!!

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

145 posts

Posted:
Written by: Laday

Let's face it, they not there to improve the way we pronounce our words!

LOL! True dat..... devil

"...heaven is ordering a six piece chicken nugget and getting seven...and a switchblade."

rileyeBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
there super sexy on boys and girls.
Had mine done about 7 years ago and love it. You will bite it from time to time and it is vvv painful but you'll get used to it.
No pain to get done and just a bit uncomfy for a few days after I highly recommend once done go and give someone a great big kiss - lovely feeling.
ubbloco

LostSurferSILVER Member
I'd be in trouble if I had to eat an antelope now
278 posts

Posted:
had mine for about five years now, very much a a spontaneous moment of "hmm, i'm bored. I know i'll get my tongue pierced!"

tis my one and only piercing and its weird cos now it wud feel strange if i no longer had it!

"Everything in moderation. Even moderation itself. From this it follows that you must, from time to time, have excess. And this is going to be one of those occasions"

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
not my bag...most piercings i love but theres something about tongue piercings. i dunno, makes me want to gag thinking about it. yeuch.

and i can't really understand the fuss about them when it comes to naughty things.

maybe i am just weird.

HeadSwimGOLD Member
...curiously lost
580 posts

Posted:
I have had my tongue peirced and stretched for several years now (about 5 I think). At one point I had a 4mm bar through it which was great but after a few month was a little tiring as the weigh is a bit much with such large balls. At the mo it got a 2.4 mm bar at 12mm length. I find this to be perfect for me as I never bite on it accidently as the bar is generally too short but I can still play with it. Most people I have asked about it think its a good thing and my better half never complains wink

I used to have lots of peircings and stretches (about 12 or so) but I have taken most out leaving only my tongue and both stretched nipple peircings in - I just could not give these three up! Of all the peircings I have had my tongue has always been my fave and has never had any problems what so ever.

Laters,

Budgie devil

Nothing is easy.......until you can do it! biggrin

Penguin SvenSILVER Member
185 posts

Posted:
Go for it, I want my tongue, nipple and all up my ear,

sounds like the common thoughjt is that you should go for it.

"glow bugs, to slow to resist eating, to bitter to eat more than one handfull in a sitting" toothpaste for dinner

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: The...Joke

had the valour of spirit to get my tongue pierced last friday,you think in general that was a good idea?

He already has wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I can't believe no-one else read that!!

There are a couple of rules that I suggest you tongue piercing 'newbies' follow:

1) NO KISSING! (at least not with tongues) Your new piercing is just like an open cut, and even if it was an open wound on your arm, you wouldn't really let people spit into it, would you?

2) NO ORAL SEX! Again, open wound, playing 'down there' not the cleanest of places in the world. You pee from there. ewww. You don't want an infection in your tongue, now do you?

3) I wouldn't play with it too much. I did when I first got mine. It made the piercing migrate slightly and take longer to heal. Luckily it migrated backwards so it didn't go off centre.

4) Don't put fingers etc in your mouth. No biting nails... Again, open wound, germs, infection, nasty.

Once your tongue has fully healed, there'll be no problem breaking these rules. I was told it can take anywhere between four to ten weeks, even more!

You'll start seeing a horrible, sticky yellow liquid oozing out of your piercing after a day or two... Don't worry. It's meant to do this. The liquid is called 'Lymph'. It's the body's healing agent. All piercings do this, but external piercings have the advantage of the lymph drying and forming a scab. This ain't gonna happen on your tongue. just keep cleaning it away, you'll be fine. Use a mouthwash regularly, but not listerine. Listerine is too harsh.

Sorry if you already knew all this, but I thought it a good idea to tell those who didn't and were thinking of getting a tongue piercing.

It can be agony for over a week, not being able to eat/talk, but I was lucky.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Penguin SvenSILVER Member
185 posts

Posted:
hehehe oops redface

"glow bugs, to slow to resist eating, to bitter to eat more than one handfull in a sitting" toothpaste for dinner

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
alchahol free mouth wash is da bom

NadishomeLiving life to the full!
177 posts

Posted:
I'm a no no for tongue pearcing!!!

My sister wants one done and still trying to disuade her from it!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

CyberboySILVER Member
49 posts

Posted:
Im getting mine done about a week after I get a job... smile

*Crosses Fingers*
Real soon I hope!

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
I thought about it for when I am older, but looking at my tongue the other day, I dont think it will be that easy, unless it goes on the edge, which isnt that nice looking. Why would I have to get it there? the bit under my tongue comes out too far, and doesnt leave much room before the tip of my tongue.

Anyway, I recon on some people they look hott as! other people they just look rediculous on (like a few of my friends), so it just depends on the person.
I love piercings, but the tongue isnt one of my favourites, however, I wouldnt mind knowing what all the fuss is about as far as kissing goes...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
They are very nice snogging someone with a tounge piercing if they just had a really cold drink and the bar is ice cold.
mmmm

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

HeadSwimGOLD Member
...curiously lost
580 posts

Posted:
And you can't beat having your own tongue peirced and kissing someone else with a tongue peircing! ubbrollsmile

The clacking together of the two is great biggrin

Nothing is easy.......until you can do it! biggrin

145 posts

Posted:
Again, don't use mouthwash (although I suppose alchohol free is better) instead, use a sea salt/saline solution. It is much less harsh and will actually help promote healing.

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
The milder mouthwashs are ok (listerine is evil) But i agree that saline is best for any piercings. THe reason that i don't really recommend it is that you'd be surprised at the amount of people that just put cooking salt in water and use it! as you say Saline or SEA salt is best to use.

145 posts

Posted:
I believe that so long as it has NO IODINE in it, it's pretty ok...but it must, as I said be NON IODINE salt...if you have any doubts, it is just best to g'head and get sea salt...you should be able to get it at a health food store....

So Star, how are you also so knowlegeble on piercings? Do you just have a bunch ,or what?

Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I didn't know about iodine in the salt..learn something new everyday biggrin

I worked in a Body piercing shop for over two years and hae had over 50 different piercings so just a few! There's a pic of my 6 surface piercings in my chest in my gallery. I'm a lot less pierced now, only 15. I got offered a chance to work as a piercer in spain but i couldn't go frown

I always seem to come across as rather pretencious when it comes to piercings but i don't mean to! I've seen so many bad piercings and seen so many people scarred by bad piercings and bad aftercare instructions I just want to make sure that people get all the facts. biggrin

145 posts

Posted:
Agreed, bad piercings can be really, really bad....No worries about seeming pretencious, I have had the same thing said about me...My wife is a body piercer, so I spend a good bit of time in the tatto shop she works in....I checked the link and seems like a nice shop...Gnarly surface piercings BTW!!!
So yeah, I am a lot less pierced too...(y'know, the whole "real job" thing...I still have 00g in my lobes and 12g in my konchs... and a bunch the folks I work with can't see wink)
So yeah, good to know I'm talking to someone else who knows what they are talking about....

Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
damn those real jobs making us take our piercings out!!

Saying that, when i was at the piercing shop, they said they didn't want me to have anymore piercings on my face. Their reasoning being that they want to stay away from the stereotypical piercing/tattoo shop with scary pierced tattooed people that often intimidates people. I can see their point but it really frustrated me at the time!

I can't really complain though, I used to get all my piercings for free and they would pay me to model them at shows which was money for nothing biggrin

145 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I get my tattoos free for the exact reason as your free piercings...'cept I don't get paid on top of that...oh well, who am I to complain about free anything?

So, how can I find out about the poi s**t you make? Do you have a site I can check them out on or what?

Ravenhillmember
47 posts

Posted:
Had mine in (counts...) damn... almost 3 years now.
Never had one problem with it (after the swelling/lisping/minor bleeding start!)

The pros have all ben listed already (though most of them can't really be discussed here...)

So here's some cons...

1) Having to wash your mouth out. Why can't they invent strawberry flavoured Listerine?

2) Can never eat toffee again. I hate the feeling of something hard and sticky attached to the metal bar in my mouth. Have had to yank it off before... dreading an unwanted split togue!

3) Getting it pierced juuuuuust a bit too far back.
I'm loving the element of surprise, choosing to show a friend your stud for the first time. But even when I speak you can hardly see it, probably should chatter a bit more. Or force it forward...

They are guides. They are teachers. They are like Yoda, only smaller and on strings.

--Meenik on poi

Page: