Page: ...
The...JokerMember
91 posts

Posted:
had the valour of spirit to get my tongue pierced last friday,you think in general that was a good idea?

why?

ooh, an intrestin discussion!yu,,y smile

never ever EVER, poke me with that thing.

just my little joke. As always.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
yay!

I want to get my tongue pierced biggrin

Good idea... smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I think it looks great BUT here are some words of advice from someone with a lot of experience in the piercing world

it WILL damage your teeth, you are likely to chip a few teeth and sometime worse (if you accidently bite on it)

when you get it pierced, make sure that they use a bar atleast 20mm long. This will look silly but is necessary because the tongue swells lots in the first couple of days, you can have a shorter bar after that (normally 15mm)

Avoid smoking with a new piercing

use mouthwash (alhtough listerine not recommended) after EVERY meal/drink/cigarette) for the first few days.

Check out the place that you are getting it done in, its nice to see other piercings that they have done to make sure they no what they are doing.

Although there are council permits necessary to pierce people, there is NO qualifacation and ANYONE can be abody piercer so be careful.

It is against the law to pierce with some metals, the only metals that can be used are titanium or gold/surgical steel that has been certified nickel free (the majority of surgical steel is NOT nickel free).

Sorry to go on but I have seen some awful piercings during my years working in the business, I just want to make sure that people stay safe biggrin

I really want it done but i'm not going to..... My front tooth is a porcelain crown and i don't want to risk damaging it (it costs £150 to replace!) I chew my tongue when i concentrate (its annoys everyone but i don't know i'm doing it) so i think it would only lead to pain!

EDITED_BY: .:star:. (1120766523)

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
i dont like them

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I got mine done 7 years ago.
i'm now sooo used to it, when i have to take it out, my mouth feels so strange.
but i have found i do bite it occasionally which hurts to buggery.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yup good idea smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
i want to get it done too! tres scared but i guess the pains only temporary.

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
tounge piercings are a bit of a weakness of mine soooo sexy!!!!

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I went out with a lass with it done, swings and roundabouts really. No details on here though!

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Mine didn't hurt at all. Nor did my tongue swell up. I was very lucky. The only problem I had was getting used to eating with a big bit of metal stuck through my tongue.

When I went to get it done, I had built myself up for loads of pain, and got so worried when I was laying on the couch/bench thing that I went as white as a ghost. When it was done I said; 'is that it?' and realised I had been worried for nothing.

Now it feels weird when I take it out. I do still occasionally bite it, but it doesn't hurt my tongue as you'd think, It hurts my teeth instead because they were expecting something soft in between them, instead of a chunk of metal.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
I got mine done about 2 years ago. It didn't hurt at first, until the swelling started, which lasted for a week. I could'nt talk or chew cause it was so sore. At first I used to bite it or knock it against my teeth. I guess that was becuase it was new, I can't even remember the last time I did that, I spose you learn not to do certain things. I love it, I've got heaps of different bars now, even a flashing one for when I go out at night. Pretty colours, do get a few strange looks though with the bright lights comming from my mouth!

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

Flame SwirlWeilder of the P.E.T.S.O.C.K.
247 posts

Posted:
love em... I think they are yummy... smile

Although I havn't one myself so take my words only as that of someone who likes the looks etc. wink

Reality is mass beleif...

Feed me and I will grow, give me drink and I will die...

I'll lap at your heels, if you give me the chance. Though I won't fetch or stay, I surely will dance...

Enjoy, be happy, and don't forget to breathe...

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
In the interests of diversity....and since you asked.... I can only say NO yech they gross me out. Specially when peeps swivel them round in their tongues and clank them round their teeth!!!! (But then I'm the wrong generation and all that.... lip /eye piercings remind me of pimples and I want to pop them!)

But hey, it's not my tongue! (lip, eye etc.....)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I personally don't think it makes a difference to umm what people say (umm wink wink) .

I don't really find them attractive .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Yeah not a huge fan either.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
well i like them. Could be interesting in the bedroom???

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gayle......!

well i like them. Could be interesting in the bedroom???

I'm not sure I follow what you mean there Gayle ubbangel ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Like many other things, it's not the size of the bar, it's how you wave it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I had mine done about 4 years ago. Took it out last year, could see my front bottom teeth changing shape. It is interesting in the bedroom!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I personally think it's a bit overrated!

But on a non bedroom level I generally just don't like the look of them, and I agree with newgabe I hate it when people flaunt them by clicking it around!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I've found that girls react differently.

Some really like it, and say it makes a difference to kissing and what-not, and find them uber sexy,

Whereas some say 'what's the point?'

Myself, on the other hand, Think that they do make a difference in the bedroom when A girl has one.

Kissing a girl with a tongue piercing is what made me get one. I didn't realise she had one until we were kissing and I thought: 'Mmm... This is rather nice!'

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Xtremely Flameablemember
95 posts

Posted:
I had my tongue pierced about 3 months ago. By a friend. I'd say to anyone who wants one to get it done professionally. But it does look good and after a while you just get used to the feeling of having it so it feels like nothing is in your mouth. Great idea!!!

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i like mine very much.

its the only piercing i've ever wanted biggrin

i do have it all acrylic to stop the ruining of teeth tho(much better than metal, and less clicky too for those who dislike that)

ubblove

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
I never knew you had a tounge piercing Mr. Cat. You certainly don't flaunt it.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I think toungue bars are dead sexy, on boys and girls.

I've had mine for about four or five years now and still love it as much today as when I first got it. I have a long toungue and the bar is quite far back, so unless I laugh, people don't know that I have one.

And every boyfriend I've had since I got it pierced has absolutely LOVED it!

I found that as long as I have a plastic ball on the bottom of the bar, my teeth are spared a lot of agony. But I would defenitly reccomend it to anyone!

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Written by: bluecat

i like mine very much.

its the only piercing i've ever wanted biggrin

Same here, I've got mine and don't want anything else smile

Mine didn't hurt or swell and I ate steak and chips three days after getting it done smile I don't tend to clack it or show it off much either - it's for me, not for show!

Agreed that the odd time when you bite on it is annoying, and eating Curlywurlys is a risky business nowadays! eek ubblol

"Moo," said the happy cow.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i think its a fantasic idea and so very enviouse of you. i so want my tongue pierced and split but my veins are too thick and in the wrong place. go get another one for me biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

LadayBRONZE Member
75 posts
Location: In UK for now, but born an lived in ZIMBABWE and S...

Posted:
They SEXY! I dunno what it is about them but they sooo hot! I've had mine for 3years,and possibly getting another. Although 2's the limit!
What u all think of 2?

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
2's sexy too. i could just be speaking for me though when i say it. *Big pouty bottom lip for being poor.... i want more piercings and all this talk is just making it worse lol

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

DarthMeauxThe artist formerly known as Phae'xorl.
145 posts
Location: South-East Ohio (the foothills of the Appalacian M...

Posted:
I personally love mine (I have three)...I have had them for 7 or 8 years now and feel very strange when they are not in...As long as you are careful, you shouldn't do any damage to your teeth. I will say, use a sea salt water solution to rinse instead of mouthwash...and please guys, DO NOT USE THOSE "LIGHT UP" BARBELLS!!! Think about it, batteries in your mouth?!?!?! WTF?!?!?

"...heaven is ordering a six piece chicken nugget and getting seven...and a switchblade."

spinningDavienewbie
19 posts

Posted:
I have to say that getting my tongue pierced was so painless.... they guy did a great job, I have never damaged my teeth, and it feels great!!

I also have a vibrating tongue bar, which makes talking difficult....... but lets face it.. I didn't buy it to talk with!!!

GET IT DONE!!!!

Davie!!

Page: ...