Forums > Social Discussion > LONDON TERRORIST ATTACK- PLEASE CHECK IN IF YOU LIVE/ WORK IN LONDON

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Elaine, OMG i didn't know you were going to london yesterday!

hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Text you now to make sure you ok...

grouphug

And in response to Cole's post...

We are all angry now, not scared

And Firepoise, they do indeed draw attention to themselves. Now just let me get my friend's target rifle from his house...
angry

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
flashpoint - my post didn't mention being scared... confused

its hard to not be angry right now but i am trying hard since there is nowhere to direct that anger and there probably never will be.

more negativity is not what is needed.

take the lead of the smilies dude...

cole. x
ubblove meditate ubblove

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Just wanted to offer all the love and hugs I can to the UK Hoppers.

hug hug ubblove ubblove hug hug ubblove ubblove

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Yeah, youre right cole, i believe the spirit is just "getting on with it"...

Sorry i was very p/o at that time... And not thinking straight to reply to your post properly

meditate footinmouth clap thankx heart heart heart biggrin

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
The city is returning to what i take to be normal, but there's still some things which are just ... *lacks words*

I was breifly by where the bus had been, today. There were a lot of closings and such during travel. And people were looking up more and waiting more, when sirens went off then they were in the outskirts of the city.

hug

to londoners.

hope to see you on sunday for real hugs.

-K

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

monkeynamedspankPadawan
197 posts

Posted:
I was visiting my mum in London, tried to get home yesterday and found the tube station closed. I little while later i found out about the bombs.

I think the first thing I noticed was that people weren't really in a state of panic, they were just getting on with it.
The emergency services and public transport services have done an immensely good job of controlling the situation, and apart from the loss of life (which although tragic is a very minor number in relation to the potential casualties), there has been very little in the way of detrimental effects.

Managed to get back to manchester this morning with no problems. There are only a couple of tube stations closed.

Damn the addictiveness of forums! (Or should it be addictivity?)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I've just read the update on the BBC News site and the fatality figures have sadly risen to over 50. 13 people died on the bus. I have to say when they said the number was 2 yesterday I couldn't quite believe it after seen the state of the bus.

Yesterday was a very sad day.

To all of you that were there in London yesterday, and came out of the day safe and well, don't for one moment think that you maybe shouldn't be here, or that it isn't fair that you weren't hurt.

The truth is it isn't fair that anyone got hurt or killed.

The fact that you are well and safe is a wonderful thing!

Wild Child I address this to you personally. I have only met you briefly in person and know a little about you from your posts on HoP but I can definitely say the world would be a much poorer place without you. I for one am very glad that you made it out of London uninjured. hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

DixieGOLD Member
old hand
740 posts

Posted:
That was possibly the wierdest day of my life.

Reading through this thread reminded me that HoPpers are wonderful.

hug For everybody.

Important Notice.
Can be found elsewhere.

This signiture has malfunctioned and can currently display no information. This matter will be rectified shortly.

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
london news review - letter to terrorists

https://www.lnreview.co.uk/news/005167.php

damn straight

e

ture na sig

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ummm I don't have words... just loads of love for everyone...

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:

grouphug Pass the hugs around, the more happiness we can generate the better, especially after something horrid like this.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Written by: Bush

Warning Americans the threat of attacks remained, he said in his weekly radio address: "We will stay on the offence, fighting the terrorists abroad so we do not have to face them at home."

So, does this mean that we are going to war....again??
If the bombings were in retaliation because of the war on iraq and afghanistan (I know its not confirmed but i thnk it is rather likely) then surely this is just going to make things worse not better. There must be something more constructive that can be done??

Police evacuate Birmingham centre
Police in Birmingham evacuate parts of the city centre after receiving intelligence of a threat to the area.
Is this just hoaxers? Is everyone just getting paranoid? Is there still a threat??

There have also been reports of false alarms in London.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
On thursday Cov had a controlled explosion of a package and two scares yesterday in town resulting in it being closed off for most of the day.

i think people are paranoid and rightly so kinda. at least people are actually keeping an eye out for things rather than doing the usual ignoring things for "'Cause it will never happen to us" reasons

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

NadishomeLiving life to the full!
177 posts

Posted:
Saw something in the papers this morning about birmingham! Wots that about?

Apparently there was controlled explosions??

They attacking the whole of the UK??
EDITED_BY: Nadishome (1120989364)

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
https://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000102&sid=aa_8xub08lms&refer=uk

177 posts

Posted:
I Heard that there was actually bombs and that they did controlled explosions!!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
yeah they did the explaosions but as far as i am aware it was ok in the end https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4668313.stm
just incase that has more info for you biggrin hug

177 posts

Posted:
Jus been searching the BBC and found this!!
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4668683.stm

Its well scarey! I dont personally see the point in it all! They arent going to acheive anything other than pain and suffering!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
they?who do you mean by they? hug

177 posts

Posted:
who ever planted the bombs!

Life is short!
So lets leave a mark,
for people to remember!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
well in that case i think thats what they were hoping for

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gothfrogette

On thursday Cov had a controlled explosion of a package

really? do you have a link for that? Myself and Sir_Sheep live in Coventry city centre, and both took the bus to and from work that day without problems. They had closed off the bus station and the ring road, but I didn't hear anything about a controlled explosion.

Written by: Gothfrogette

and two scares yesterday in town resulting in it being closed off for most of the day.

are you referring to Birmingham or Coventry? Coventry city centre was open all weekend.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
So no one has seen/heard from Tammy? *gets a little worried*

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
don't you have her mobile number?

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Alice our tams if fine

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Flid:

the thing about the controlled explosion was in the telegraph

and when i say town i mean my town = nuneaton the first was about 11:30 and as far as i know lasted for a couple of hours and then one on a bus about 4-5ish.

hugs to you both hug

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I think we now have a very ugly problem rearing its head in the aftermath of the bombings.

Upset and angry people are looking for someone to blame and hit back at. That's a natural human reaction, but I say fight that feeling because more violence and hatred isn't the answer. Because of all the speculation about who planted these bombs, the Muslims within our community are once more being attacked and harassed.

I want to stand up and be counted in saying I find these attacks on totally innocent Muslims abhorrent and indefensible.

Whoever planted these bombs wanted to divide us and scare us into fighting amongst ourselves. They wanted to turn us on each other and I, for one, say don't let them win.

I urge you all to stand up and be counted. If you hear people making comments, stirring up hatred, have courage and tell the person talking that you think there has been enough violence and that adding to it can only make things worse. Speak out for what you think is right. Apathy allows wrongs to go unchallenged and hatred to build.

I don't want anyone in our community to feel harassed, bullied or in fear of their lives just because of their skin colour, religious beliefs, or any other reason.

This is a well know passage. I'm sure most of you will have heard it before. It was written about the second world war. I think it holds resonance for today, just change the religions about a bit......

First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left

to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Skully, you're great, I'll speak out for you biggrin

hug2

Getting to the other side smile

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Definately agree with you Skully,
I just hope that this whole thing doesn't lead us to another war. If we start attacking people, the terrorists have won, they have scared us to the point where we feel that striking out is the only way, then they have reduced us to their level.
I hate the way that whole communities gets victimised because of the actions of a few.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I think you've raised 2 points skully:

1) Generally people's interpretation of religion that allows them to commit crime isn't the interpretation of the majority of other people following the religion. KKK members will claim that Christianity endorses their cause, as will the atrocities committed by the 'Jewish' administration against the Palestinians in Israel. This is no different, but with Islam used as the poor deluded excuse.

2) There's a good chance, assuming that this was committed by Muslim fanatics, that one of their aims was to cause communities to segregate, to cause hatred towards Muslims in the country, so they can then exploit that. America's revenge attack on afganistan has made more young muslims want to become terrorists not stopped. If i'd grown up as a palastinian no doubt I'd want to become a suicide bomber. In Bosnia Serbs and Muslims had lived side by side for years without problems, not in separate communities but in the same towns, villages etc. Part of the ethnic cleansing process was to cause disruption and turn the 2 against each other, as it made killing off the Muslims that much easier. It's been happening throughout history.

Page: ...