Forums > Social Discussion > LONDON TERRORIST ATTACK- PLEASE CHECK IN IF YOU LIVE/ WORK IN LONDON

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
explosion caused by power surge.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Make that explosionS!!

"The entire network has been shut down following explosions at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square."

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
too much power going through the lines, too much energy, lines cant take that exrta power, overheating occurs with the build up of power.......bang...an explosion.the process starts again further down the line and another explosion occurs.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
On the Radio it is saying there are a fair few casualties...... We have a lot of HoPpers in london and it would be nice to know they are all safe. If you are a londoner and safe and well please just put a hello up here so we know not to worry about you.

hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
and the top of a bus got blown off how?!!?

Just heard it on sky news.

frown

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
the pressure that had built up was so large.especially occuring underground there is limited space for this pressure to come out of. so when the explosion occurs the force is immense therefore blowing off the top of a bus.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
What?!?!?!?!?!!??!
confused

A double decker bus?

The national grid have said that there were no reasons or problems reported this morning to cause such a power cut. eek

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
This is scarey stuff.

I'm one of the few people to made it into work so far (near St Pauls) after all chaos.

We were all turfed off the tubes on the Central Line but we were told it was just related to a power failure. So it seemed a bit strange to hear all these sirens and police running down Cheapside towards Bank, and out the office widow I can see helicoptors now.

I hope there are no fatalities.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Is it just me or has the BBC news site gone. I can't seem to connect to it any more.... or is it just its got so much traffic my slow dial up isn't connecting?

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
think of an explosion occuring in open air.

think then of the same explosion coming out of a small space.

it would do that.

national grid....pfft

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
BBC site is being slow Skully

I can't get hold of any of my family in London to check that they're ok frown

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
they have just said that there was a bomb on a bus which is separate to the underground explosions

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: MarkMark

I'm one of the few people to made it into work so far (near St Pauls) after all chaos

We have an office in Holborn, i thought they were just being lazy coming into work. One guy sat in the dark for 35 minutes wondering if it was a special new olympic train! wink

BBC news always gets completely crippled whenever something like this happens. They have stupid amounts of redundant bandwidth 99% of the time, but can't cope when something does happen. I blame the non license paying americans, for using our news sites instead of their own wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Have you got access to a tv? umm

"think then of the same explosion coming out of a small space."
and not causing hundreds of fatalities of people in the train station?
If you are talking about the explosion coming out of a train station that is. Otherwise there is no way that the top of a bus could be blown off if its just travelling down the road.

and its a bit coincidental that it happnes during rush hour.
Im not saying its a terrorist attack, and im not saying that its not.. but it does seem to point slightly that way ubbcrying

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
they say now there were explosive devices on a tube, tubes colliding and exploding power cables

may be terrorist related

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Finally have 5 live streaming. The direct link for windows media player is: https://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/live.asx

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
I got in ok this morning.

It's really quite scary....stations closed, expolsions, buses being blown up. What next?

eek

Hope all you londoners are OK!

grouphug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
I'm not convinced about the 'power surge' story - after all how would this happen to coincide with a bus exploding at russel square.

Needless to say, I can't help wondering if this is a madrid style terrorist attack to coincide with G8 frown

I'm just hoping that my absent collegues and workmates around the City are ok (and our London hoppers too, of course).

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
If it was a terrorist attack, and the bomb carriers wer supposed to take the bombs onto tubes or something, could the bus have been blown up by a terrorist who couldnt get on the underground and decided to take it on a bus?

It seems odd that terrorists decide to not directly attack people, but rather decided to attack the transportation?

Do you think that other terrorist organisations dwindled their support for Al Quaeda afterthey did something so stupid as taking out so many innocents after 9/11? umm or is that just a dumb idea?
Cos if this is a major terrorist attack, at least they arent going for human lives.

Reports now of THREE seperate explosions on busses eek

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
meditate

bammers, helz and i are all in work safe.

i got chucked off the central line at bethnal green and caught a bus in.

the busses were packed full - the top deck explosion story has made all this seem deliberate which is pretty scary.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
This maybe directly targetting the transport system because once transport is down in a city chaos insues.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
5 live just said it looks like it *could be* a terrorist attack

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I knew that as soon as it happened tongue

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna have to ban all HoPpers from living in major cities and make them all come and live out in the sticks. We never get terrorist attacks here. The terrorists can't find us!

Its good to hear Hels, Bam, Cole, Mark and Jon are ok but what about everyone else?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Now explosions in several tubes and buses, I hope everyone is ok

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I was about to go into London about halkf an hour before the bombs went off

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
i had the day off today i work in russel square

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
really? Sir_Sheep quit her job at russel square (gower street) a few months ago, we know the area well

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
The govrn have confirmed that 20 people are dead frown

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I am not blown up either.

When I read the BBC news site, they didn't say anything about power surges. They said a PA for british transport quoted someone else who said that explosive devices were found on the tube. Does sound like terrorism to me. It's never just about killing as many people as possible, it's often about causing chaos and panic to get across a message, or make people more afraid.

My boyfriend was thinking of going in to central today, I hope he saw the news this morning.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Page: ...