Forums > Social Discussion > LONDON TERRORIST ATTACK- PLEASE CHECK IN IF YOU LIVE/ WORK IN LONDON

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I'm fine too grouphug

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Thoughts and hugs to the London HoPpers, and all concerned with this event... hug

Seems to me that this was very well timed, and congratulations to the emergency services for reacting so well...

hug grouphug hug

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Good to know Jem hug smile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
My ex-workmates are all fine, although one had walked past the BMA on his way from King's Cross around 4 mins before the bus was blown apart.

Never have I experiences such worry.

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
thoughts with London
hug

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Everyone I know is fine as well. Didn't manage to make it into work today due to getting up late... and my girlfriend went in early thank god!

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
hope everyone is ok, am desparately trying to get hold of friends, sat at work waiting for the phones to clear!

hug

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
it came on the news about 7:30pm EST in Australia, thats about 9:30am London time, so its not really that delayed.

well wishes for everyone in London, just hole up and watch cartoons or something

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im at work. frown

oh wait.. I work in a media company!! smile

*runs of to find 100 differnt episodes of Scrapheap challenge to watch*

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Edgware road station is now fully evacuated. (as reported by the police on BBC1)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Unnamed Cutie On Front

*runs of to find 100 differnt episodes of Scrapheap challenge to watch*

jelous...... i am....... thats a great show biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
woah, I just woke up to my sister calling me about this

I hope my brother is ok, theres no chance getting though on the phone so i guess its just sit and wait.

Hope all our london HoPpers, their friends and families are ok. Thinking of you wall grouphug

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I still don't know about my friend tammy.

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Karen (winged avenger) and I are fine, still waiting to hear from a lot of people in London tho

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
just my bro to get in contact with now, this really sucks!

Big massive Hugs to everyone in london, my thoughts are with you. hug grouphug hug

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
This feels all too familiar. CNN here ("Knee Jerk Reaction News") is talking about it, a lot. 6 confirmed explosions, 3 confirmed fatality, and 160+ casualty (wounded).

In 2001 I was working at a TV station, and I got a front row seat to the Twin Towers. Looking at this on the TV, it's going again. The better picture is still from LJ and IM and the 'net. And it feels like it did when I was working at the station.

My fear is that it's teh start of a global attack. They're talking that Chicago (my hometown) is beefing up the trains, and going to bomb sniffing dogs to make sure the trains are safe. Chicago has a lot of train traffic, it could be a mess.

I don't think it is, but it's just one of those things.

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
With the best intentions.......

I think folks should maybe stop calling London for a few hours, your call to find information won't help those injured but open usable phone lines will.

Your need for knowledge in the next few hours does not outweigh the need for effective communication for local services and injured people.
Imagine being stuck injured somewhere (either related or non-related to the bomb) and you can't use your mobile to call emergency help cuz everyone is phoning IN to London.

Food for thought

Glad to hear everyone I know there is ok grouphug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
right, who can speak arabic then?

Non-Https Image Link

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I can confirm Brighton Station has been closed as Spanner said,I work right by Brighton Station.Bomb diposal units are being brought in by the dozen, very high security alert.

We have tv's in the office, no work is being done.
Big hugs to all.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
im glad that lots of the people i was worried about are now safe in at work or in london

but remeber please be carfull going home, this could be the start of a series of events.

The worst might be to come

please me uber safe on yoru way home, and know that all my hopes and best wishes to those who are still looking for people who are missing or un contactable

Step (el-nombrie)

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
This snippet is about that document Flid.

Written by: Forbes.com

The organisation's claim appeared on a website frequented by Islamic fundamentalists, the BBC said.

It said the blasts were a reprisal for British involvement in the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq, the BBC and Spiegel Online reported.

The document could not immediately be authenticated, but the BBC's security correspondent, Frank Gardner, said he said would not be surprised if the claim was genuine.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Justine has said East Croydon train station is closed, and all the roads in Central Croydon are shut down.

Also there was a "package" found at the underpass in Croydon.

I can't believe that this has happened!!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Hubert_CumberdaleSILVER Member
[psylocibin fingerbobe].
479 posts

Posted:
Any londoners stuck in the office wondering how to get home today take note:

There is a free river bus service operating on the Thames
https://www.thamesclippers.com/

I'm heading off now to catch it - good luck to the rest of you.

Especially to anyone who has still might not heard back from friends or loved ones frown

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
If anyone finds anything else out about Brighton, please post it. Until I came here I had no idea there was anything go on down there.

So glad to hear no-one's conspicuously absent. Terrorism is a disgusting, unreasonable and inhuman activity at best, bombing the underground in rush hour without issuing a warning is just wholly unnecessary. I wish I could understand why people would do this.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
I can understand why they do this....to cause as much disruption and panic as possible.

It's worked

frown

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i'm not so sure, i'm sure they could have caused more disruption if they'd wanted. Why did the 'suicide bomber' blow up a bus there? The bus was on the way to euston, detonating on the forecourt at euston station would have caused much more loss of life.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Bird is texting me worried about people. I've told him all that have posted but he is asking if Bov is ok....... I've told him I don't think Bov is in London but said I would ask to be sure. So Bov babe are you safe and well?

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Thank you whoever is compiling the list of safe HoPers, is it possible to find out which ones are still unaccounted for???

I just got home from the movies and found a txt from a friend saying the London Underground had been bombed, my first thought was "WHAT THE???" followed by worried thoughts about all our HoPers, as I know there's a large amount from that area.

My thoughts are with you all *hugs*

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
My friend has to get the megabus tomorrow from victoria to manchester, i hope she can get it

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
just to say i've heard from alienfox, dromepixie & patrick (who's user name i can't remember), so they and i all all fine

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

Page: ...