Forums > Social Chat > What's your favourite Heckle :)

Login/Join to Participate

ZauberdachSometimes sword wofter
199 posts

Posted:
Ever since the stone circle at Glastonbury this year and my heckling experience with a small crew of Hoppers I've become a heckling additic. No spinning experience is complete for me now without a few rounds of "constructive performance inhancing heckling." Indeed just the other night out spinning with my friends a bout of inspired heckling led to a full on Sumo-wrestling-camp-off with fire.

However I'm relatively new to this whole heckling thing, so I would like to hear from some experienced hecklers out there to gain some insite into this rare and beautiful skill. Because it is a skill. For the perfect heckle has to be many things. To be funny and yet to make a serious point, to critise and yet not offend, to be specific but yet not relevant... (insert more rambling on the virtue of heckling).

IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of a sane person.

"just get the f**k on with it and make me the anti-christ already!"

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
It increases audience to performer and the other way around too communication, which has to be a good thing for entertainment value, and jogs the one performing out of any sort of monotony they might have going in a bad situation by engaging their thinking muscles, thereby countering the possible (though by no means certain to happen) stagnating aspects of having a routine. And it can be wicked funny. biggrin
Like a heap of things I thionk it's situation dependant. My best ever heckling match had the exchange "Why don't you give me a break?"
"Neck'd be a favourite,"
"Can I choose the neck?" in it, any line of which wouldn't work out of context.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
"SMILE YOU B*****D!"

ubblol

was the best one ever for me

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
You're a **nt! wink

Do it again but less censored! wink

I wish I could say I thought of them.... ubbangel

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
"OI! You're hair's on fire!"

Grr, stupid little smartarse

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
anything's good as long as it's funny and related to what they're doing. the better you know the performer the more cutting you can make it but remember to keep it funny rather than just negative... it also helps to be witty rather than just coming out with the same old crap... unless that's the joke in itself i guess... such as 'that's ok but can you do it on fire?' wink

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
"you're going home in an ambulance"

thats still my fave

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Faster... with less control! smile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Eat the CHEESE!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
'Grunt like a female tennis player' ranks highly on my list of favourites smile
EDITED_BY: TheBovrilMonkey (1120755364)

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

ZauberdachSometimes sword wofter
199 posts

Posted:
my particular favourite is "you're rubbish, I can spin faster than that.."

IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of a sane person.

"just get the f**k on with it and make me the anti-christ already!"

Phoenix_OTM_TCRBRONZE Member
Like a Phoenix bursting into new life from the ashes of its own fiery death, so to shall Osificurc The Mage will always return from his death, again, again and again...
56 posts

Posted:
as a street performer/busker of a few years now and also owner/operator of my own entertainment company i have to say some of the best heckles come from kids 8 and under. but my personal favourite is heckler- "i can do that better"
me- "go on then" handing over staff
heckler - tries n fails "oh [censored] i burnt my new jeans"

Oderint Dum Metuant! Aut vincere aut mori! Alia iacta est! Lege atque lacrima! Sicvis Pocem Parabellum! Flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo! Quod nos non necat, nos certe fortiores reddere potest! Filius est pars patris!

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
ubblol

another good one is 'YOUR FLYS ARE UNDONE!'

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
once again i didn't come up with them myself, but when someone asks "is that real fire" i reply "no its synthetic"

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

'Grunt like a female tennis player' ranks highly on my list of favourites smile

But thats only because grunting like a female tennis star is one of your hobbies anyway tongue hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
"Spinner's got a big butt! Spinner's got a big butt!"

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura