Page:
Sir Nuggit....is a liability
899 posts

Posted:
Well, after spending 13 hours on a coach, through numerous European cities and over vast motorways (on the wrong side of the road lol) we arrived in Sennelager, Germany at 21:00. We hit the Naffi bar and drank a little.

Got up and went to Belsen-Berger (sp) to visit an old concentration camp and listened to Professor Plume talk of his horrors during the occupation. Then on our way back to camp, we stopped off at a war graves cemetery and laid a reef in memory of those who lost their lives during WWII.

Now that the educational bit is out of the way, next we went to Cologne, city of lots of beautiful people, I was like a dog with two **ks! We saw some sights, climbed about 1,500 steps in the Cathedral to admire the fruits of our labour, and as much as Germany as the eye could see. It wasn't so bad on the way up, if not a little tiring but I had a wicked view coming down the tight, steep staircase as I was walking behind a very "forward-facing" woman *smut* but my only complaint, is the hallway did smell of sweaty crutch all the down (all those out of shape people walking up and down all day!)

Went to a shop of the night (for those under 18) and bought copious amounts of "reading" material, of which I was extremely surprised at the contents! Moving swiftly on.....

Spent two days training with regular soldiers as they prepared for exercise in Poland this week which consisted of driving a Warrior simulator, as a gunman - I actually passed their exam scenario which enables me to train as a tank gunner should I wish wohoo! And we flew an Apache sim, Drove a Challenger sim and an APV - all very exciting as the whole get-up is like the inside of said vehicle.

Anyway, loaded up in to the back of a Panzer 432 and headed out cross country. I got dicked in to wearing the Command headset so got to stand up the whole journey. Bearing in mind, the exhaust from the 432 is right in front of the top hatch so you get coated in diesel fumes and it really makes your eyes water! BUT, that was the least of my worries as we shot off the top of a knife edge at 40 mph (bearing in mind we weigh something like 60 tonnes), we went straight up in the air and came down almost vertical and smashed in to the ground before bouncing some. I almost got thrown out thanks to the guy stood behind me, which would have ended up with me being squished by the bulk of armour in question.

Myself and two others beat some NCO's at killer (pool) in the bar across the way and that wasn't helped by the free shots that the bar-maids were dishing up after locking the doors! 04:30 later and I was crawling (literally) in to bed to sleep for 2 hours before parade!

Then, myself and a mate were naughty so ended up being gated for the last night which meant no off-camp antics! Instead, we snuck in to 200 sigs squadron bar (after asking them first, but they thought it was funny) and ended up playing more drinking games until God knows what time!

All in all, a truly funny experience had by all, except I wouldn't want to go to war with 6 (at most) people from my unit. Oh, and there's talk of mobilising us for TELIC8 next year WOHOO shrug

Pull my pin out, roll me in to a room and see what happens ubbloco

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
great trip then

welcome back on behave of C.R.A.P.

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

899 posts

Posted:
beerchug cheers Sir Noddy

The trip was pukka, got in to a little trouble for being naughty (but only a little) but made up for it in the squaddie bar.

Didn't find any crumpets though, I think I should write to the ruler of Germany to complain!!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
you do that...sounds like you had fun. glad you got back before we initiated SNOOPoi as president as we went to look for you

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

899 posts

Posted:
ubblol I saw. I'm safe in the knowledge that if the Crumpet Gestapo finally catch up with me, that there's a good team of Crumpeteers willing to bust me out. I would naturally do the same in return wink

*looks over shoulder*

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
*stands behing Nuggit with hands clasped into a gun shape*

we got you covered sir!

899 posts

Posted:
And what shall our military uniform be? I know the cap-badge should consist of a silver crumpet with the globe super-imposed on to it. Cor, we've gone from being a club to a society to an Association to a party and now we're getting an army (Barmy Army ubblol )

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
ubblol

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
can it be red and yellow? (mmm...crumpets and jam!)

899 posts

Posted:
GO GO GO! We shall not, we shall not be moved........

899 posts

Posted:
Red and Yellow for the Artilary division and yellow and black for the infantry biggrin

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
yeah!!

can i be a major

899 posts

Posted:
You're joint Major and Chief silly, you're above Major.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
o yeah.... ubbloco

899 posts

Posted:
Where be all of the other Crumpeteers of late?

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i'm here
w00t nuggit is back
welcome back nuggit welcome

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

899 posts

Posted:
beerchug *bows to Sir Yoni* Ahhh, the good ol' days lol, feels like I've been away for months (although that's a possibity next year eek

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Shouldn't Noddy and yoni change there names back? I'm feeling quite worried about the crazy power hungry fools smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
we've been alowed an extended reign of power mwahahahaha

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
*evil grin* biggrin

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
See what I mean?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
*stuffs FRD in a cupboard and slams in a crumpet in his mouth to keep him quiet*

he doesnt know what he is talking about....

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
HELLO!!!!

i'm really glad you are back nuggit!

*dances*

hugkisshug

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sir Nuggit

Didn't find any crumpets though, I think I should write to the ruler of Germany to complain!!

It really ISN'T my fault, it's just one of the few things I leave to the UK to think they're special and to give me some distraction when I'm there.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
*bounces through on giant space hopper* wb Sir nugget biggrin

cant help but thinking bad thoughs about "joint Major" ah well

*boing *

back

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Glad your back Nuggit. undercover infiltrator mynci ready for action
*stands sharply to attention*
*salutes*
any orders?
ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

899 posts

Posted:
Lol Birgit, I will advise the joint Presidents on the matter and see if we can't do something about the obvious shortage of crumpet in Germania biggrin

I used to have a giant space-hopper, but swapped it for a Presidential jellycopter instead, but somehow managed to wrangle to keep it *snigger*.

Orders? To keep spreading the good word of C.R.A.P. and maintain our current mission, despite the current social climate of the country at the moment. Oh, and to think of a really humorous use for a gold fish ubblol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Goldfish are always handy for pulling rafts...
also in england if you hang them by their tail (please don't harm the fish) and they wiggle loads it means it's going to rain in the next 2 weeks. *nods* is true

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
right

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
no seriously. I have never taken a fish out of the tank had it wiggle and it stayed sunny for a fortnight....

899 posts

Posted:
A friend of a friend's cousins neighbour once licked a frog and it rained cats and dogs for four days eek

Page: