Page:
Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
hey there happy HOPers,

finally got around to uploading a video to my poor website...unfortunately i have not had much time to work on the page but at least there is some fun on there now...

this video was filmed in may for the competition, but i wasn't that warmed up and screwed up all my tosses, and when i wanted to go again we got kicked off the roof...anyway isn't that always the case as soon as you film something you come up with a new move that you wish was on the video...damn i wish somebody got my spin last nite...

unfortunately the vid gets a little dark at the end hard to see what i'm doing (you will almost certainly miss the btb thread the needle at the end) and since i didn't capture it myself i think it was grepped at a non DV resolution/aspect ratio so there are lines all over my wicks (which makes them look rather cool)...all you video geeks should know what i mean.

Like i say on the page i will try and update every once in a while, if i can get access to a camera (shouldn't be too hard)...

yeah so here's the link:
skunk.13378u.org

you need quicktime to view, it is a free download.
enjoy.

Skunk

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by FíreMîke:
yo Bender, i'm up for that! where do we download it?
seems we're ready, one way or another, whether for Skunk's vid (he posted on that other new general vid thread, where is it, in technical, seems open to whatever, tho he may not have answered you about touchin up his work yet, directly) or others so source for download, please!

thanx,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yeah mate, this is soo good! random bored people will have an online teaser for mad firey shiznit and will take the bait!!! like i said,.. sooo good! i can only speak for myself, but cool vids are sweet! i have gigabytes of that stuff! mmm monkies picking bum footage anyone?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
bender, you ate the fermented bananas left out in the sun!

hey, i found Skunk's newest post in Aardvark's Poi Videos Online? thread, he assumes either he or YOU when you're off da moxy juice, is gonna make a DivX:

Le Skunk
Member # 259 posted 11 October 2002 05:21
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ha! i was looking for just that not too long ago and couldn't find too much, so i just posted one of my old videos on my weak html page...currently only a 20mb broadband version exists but there should be a divx version soon that will be much smaller for those of you who are bandwidth deficient...

it is a full unedited video, i screw up a couple times and it gets really dark at the end (see if you can make out the btb thread the needle at the end right after the "nad warmer" between the leg stall) all those moves are much smoother now too...but hey, isnt that always the case when you make a video, a week later you got 10 new moves that you want in there...

anyway enjoy
Skunk skunk.13378u.org
i will post here when the divx is up if you guys so require

peax

Skunk

so bender, WHERE DO WE DOWNLOAD WHAT WE NEED?

come on, here's another banana, when you tell us! (* extends bottle of banana rum, waves it like a . . . banana at da Offender *)

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

6,978 posts

Posted:
uh if what you need is the video, it's ain't done yet, but will be as soon as friday night wears off my head tomorrow afternoon
if the need was for the means to publish divx, than I can send you a *cough*personal backup*cough*
I'll most likely delete this post before witness protection finds out...

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
PM Topic: bender, get back AGAIN to Skunk's vid thread AND

FíreMîke
Member # 2573 posted 11 October 2002 17:11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please tell us all there where to download the DivX reader, and for those interested, the creator/ editing programs!

thanx

~ Mike

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
damn...

looks like demand is rising...

ok so i played with some 3ivx codec right now, not exactly divx but seems smooth enough for my purposes...

tried to keep it somewhat high quality, so right after i post this message and scramble to upload and finally go to bed already, your next adventure will begin:

open page to google...find out some information about the 3ivx plugin, get whatcha needXx0rZ, and proceed to download and play skunkwebspin3ivxpart1 and skunkwebspin3ivxpart2 (sorry no links they are not up yet but will be in moments)..6.3 and 5 megs, respectively. i don't know why the first came out bigger than the second, i had the same exact settings and they are just as long...but anyway

bender please keep up your good work and services for fire playing humanity, and put up some divx maybe you can get it compressed a bit more than i, i currently do not have time to play with video compression...

tomorrow after work i am heading down towards sniper country, away from technology the bane of my existence for the weekend, so when i come back i can post bender's link to my page...if anybody can figure out exactly what is needed to make your machine play the movie let me know and i will post the link next to the movies...

peax

Skunk

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
aight here's the review so far:

the page:
skunk's lame page

the monster movie you should never need to download again:
20mb monstrosity

the new, improved, somewhat artificially brightened smaller vidZ that you guys want, with the mysterious 3ivx codec which is freely available somewheres on this wonderful web of information:
3ivx part 1
3ivx part 2

once again, that first one is 6.3mb and the second is 4.9 or something like that, much more webdicap friendly...

ok nighty night
sweet dreams
good luck
peax

Skunk
PS ok lemme be super robust and point you in the right direction for 3ivx:
3ivx download
don't let the length of that disclaimer scare ya...

[ 11 October 2002, 19:13: Message edited by: Le Skunk ]

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
dang, now da dogg done gone jumped over me too tho he be workin hard-ass

Skunk! check yo e-mails if you still up, aight?

if not, i'm comin in da side door, fo sure.

~ MIcon wit da Mic On

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

6,978 posts

Posted:
***DOWNLOAD NOW or the bunny gets it!***
Skunk's video as a 4Mb Div-X ;-) 4.02 file is available for download here

thank skunk for the performance he has shared with us all. It's a generous as it is brave!

skunk, i'll send it to ya tonight if i can. thanks man.
(your vid as a divx is almost half the width and a fifth of the file size. no sound was kept for this minium size version.)

(no bunnies were harmed in the ranting of this post..)

[ 15 October 2002, 16:21: Message edited by: bender™ ]

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
i thought i posted a reply already but i guess it fell victim to dr. Glitchenstein...

anyway thanks kindly bender for your masterful compression. too bad about losing alex's drumming he is good and getting better all the time but whatchagonnado we have to be considerate to 56k'ers (btw you guys that are 56k'ers what the hell you waiting for get some broadband dammit!!! internet or DIE!!!)

excuse me. i get carried away as my life nowadays gets increasingly technology-centric. i will put that vid up on my website today at some point, so bender if you are worried about hosting bandwidth you can take it down...

like i think i've said before i hope this inspires a wave of similar video postings around the world wide web.

peax

Skunk

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
yep looks like it is

Skunk, thats Wicked collection of between the leg moves you've got there.
cool

Drew

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
[Now we all get to sit back and wait for Skunk to start bitchin' that some mallrats in Texas are stealin' his moves... ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
wait? you've been hearing it for years NYC...

but at least now its not stealing, it's a gift. it's only a matter of time before somebody else figgerZ it out so why not claim the moves as mine? all mine! muhahahahaha!!!!

thank you glass for the compliment i saw your vid too very nice contact staff. there is not much of that around these parts i will have to get our staffers on the job...

Peax

Skunk

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
so far i got 8 MB out of the 20 MB, but unclear how much played for me, i'll check the timing dial next time.

i did try runnin it thru MPEG Scissors 1.4.0 to tie off the loose end, but didn't work, so doesn't properly cover .mov.

got stuff to do on the line before i try downloadin more again, may well get one of those download mgrs afta all, dangit, thanx Bends for the suggestion. anyone got recommendation? GoZilla? another one which i think Bender mentions above & i'll check for later?

da drummin iz key, i can understand with this vid why Skunk knows it's not for choppin up.

well-o, now glass has kindly mentioned simple ole DivX.com as source of the player codec, will try that too, & eager ta see yours, glass!

. . .& Bendy's work on dis one.

~ Mike

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

6,978 posts

Posted:
oops it looks like i compressed it not on the best settings - uhm i think i will send it again in a bigger size.... silly Div-X encoders! I was confused about div-X 5 being so crap for compression (4 is smallest, 5 has the most features, 3 is for pirates. arr. arr.)

.avast.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Shiver mi timbers :skull and crossbones smilie:
There be buried treasure somewhere round this thread.

pieces of eight
pieces of eight

6,978 posts

Posted:
hark ye lanlubber!
hey glass, that outfit with the big triangular (cape? hood?) is the maddest! definitely if i ever get videotaped on the world news being beaten by security thugs at a anti-globalisation action, I'd wanna wear something so festive.

too-ra-la.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
eh bender. curlywirlywirlywilrycuckoo
you're a loon,
you're a nut,
you're crazy in the coconut

I'm not ever in mr le skunks fantastically legwrappingolicious video.

woowoo woowoo

[ 22 October 2002, 23:26: Message edited by: glass ]

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:

I could only download 3MB of the video...don't know why, darn computer just stopped downloading and i tried it twice. But what I did see...grrrr baby!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
nyx tip for modemtastic joy.
get a download manager
like from freshdevices.com
allow download to resume if connection gets broken

saves loads of time

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
thanks glass! I'll try it later

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
yuh, guess i'll have 2 start usin one again too - next coupla weeks then.

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

Page: