Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Does any one sometimes get the feeling, that other people have an alterior (I know this is spelt wrong, but the spell check on word only offers ulterior, and altho this might be right, it looks wrong to me) motive to all their decisions?

FRom past experiences, weird choices made by people always end up horrible on my half, because they have planned an alterior motive to it... And I think it's happened once again.

How can people think that deeply to have another motive? My brain capacity doesnt allow me to think too much ahead... Thinking before I speak is against my religion!

okay, ill stop babbling.

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Nah, not babbling. I am a pretty straightforward person, and generally not motivated by evil

So I have a great deal of difficulty deducing what other people's alterior motives may be. I tend to hang out with a lot of people who are like me, motivated by more good motives than bad. Those people, I can almost predict what they will do in situations. But there are other people I just cannot get, because their motives are so different from my own.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

SterlingspiderBRONZE Member
Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.
128 posts

Posted:
My faith in humanity is pretty much gone, so yeah I think people generally have an ulterior (correct spelling) motive to anything they do.

Far and away most people are absolute morons, the ones that aren't are the ones to cling on to. They are hard to find, but ultimately worth the search.

Even if they aren't actively doing somthing to hurt others, most people only do things to benefit themselves, and usually that means hurting someone else. Life's too short to deal with people that only want to hurt others.

Good luck, and don't let them keep you down.

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Some people are truely twistered.
I think that they have evil genes in their D.N.A .
To do some of those alterior motives that they do!.

Anyperson can acheive anything if they don't have fear in their heart.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I grew up in a pretty manipulative situation. Nothing was ever said without an ulterior motive. No one ever meant what they said. I got pretty dang good at it. I guess about high school I realized how pointless it all was. It's easy to manipulate your friends and loved ones because they love you. But it's a horrible thing to do. After that I swore off it completely and was surprised at how much better my life got.

In my personal life, I have little tolerance for drama or ulterior motive or manipulation. Frankly, it's exceedingly satsfying to live such an honest, simple existance. It gives me the stability to do crazy things like fire twirling.

It's also interesting working in High School where a majority of the kids haven't yet figure out the advantages of being honest and simple and are still up to there ears in drama... I often want to go up to some of them who are stressed about the little things and whisper "none of this matters!"... Not to say that teenagers don't have real problems as well, but it seems that some of us at any age get caught up in drama that we could just as easily avoid.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I don't think people are all bad...I think they're probably mostly gewd. It's just a question of find the right ones. They are out there I promise...just keep looking.

Goodluck...and don't forget I think a good start for you search mite be somewhere in these parts

Om Namah Sivaya

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
The only thing worth expressing is love. Nothing else matters.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Yeah tis true that not EVERYONE has ulterior motives, its just seems like the majority of people i know seem to... about three in particular...

but i always find out when its too late

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i know that all guys have an ulterior motive.
More often than not, if they don't say so they are lying
It's because we have 2 brains. When one gets more blood, it dictates our actions.
When ur wearing something tight, Watch a guy's eyes when you talk to em we are only human!
Unfortunately, deception works both directions, and many people do not even realise how compromised their motivations are.
many people are too comfortable with their mental status quo get to confront this.
It takes an impractical amount of effort to overcome this, but then again, developing morality generally is impractical the best we can hope for is honestly rise above.
I only know one way, and that 'way' is most often referred to as 'buddhist annihilation' or the dissolving of the ego. it is a destination, but simply taking that path radically alters your personality when you honestly see yourself.
now i like me! yay!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
uhh.....snootchie-bootchies....

Non-Https Image Link

just jokin.....i belive in what bender said though.

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey lunchbox, dude, did you hear about what happened to the real life jay???! it's sooo funny! life imitating life!

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
I didnt, what happened to him?

6,978 posts

Posted:
he's on the lam in another country evading drugs charges. snoochie poochies!