Forums > Social Chat > Today's life-shaking experience...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Today, I attended an autopsy on an 18-year-old man. Due to medical confidentiality reasons and also due to the fact that it's possible that someone who knew him might read this post, I will not provide any more information about him (cause of death, family history, hometown, and I especially won't give his name). And, incidentally, if you do happen to know of an 18-year-old man who died at University Hospital in Ann Arbor recently, don't assume that he was this same patient. Sadly, there are days when two or more 18-year-old men die at our hospital of completely different causes (for example, one cancer and one accident).

Anyways, all I can say is..."wow." When I walked out of the hospital today, the leaves on the trees were greener, the sky bluer, the sun brighther, the air sweeter, and life in general so much more beautiful than I have ever seen before.

I have no problems. I have no complaints. My life is so blessed and I am so lucky to be alive. There, but for the grace of G-d, go I.

Hug someone you love today.

[ 06 October 2002, 10:30: Message edited by: MikeGinny ]

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Page: