colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
canon have just launched a new site designed to teach the basics of digital slr photography:

canon digital slr beginner's guide

i know a few of you have got one :greeneyedmonsteremerges: and although it only goes as far as the basics, it is clear and gives some handy advice so i thought it would be nice to post it.

enjoy smile

my handy tip of the week is:

"use the lowest possible iso settings when shooting with digital cameras - the higher the iso, the more noise you will get in your image."

they didn't make that point very clear in the user manual for my camera but it makes a *huge* difference to image quality.

wish i'd known that 400 frames ago... rolleyes

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
cheers for finding this cole, looks really good, and thee is no excuses for all of us to have a look, even if its just to brush up skills

Step (el-nombrie)

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
my camera's got an iso meter on it, and i have absolutely NO idea what anything on it says!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Flame SwirlWeilder of the P.E.T.S.O.C.K.
247 posts

Posted:
Linky no worky? frown

Am I wrong in my clicky?

Reality is mass beleif...

Feed me and I will grow, give me drink and I will die...

I'll lap at your heels, if you give me the chance. Though I won't fetch or stay, I surely will dance...

Enjoy, be happy, and don't forget to breathe...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
cheers for the link, it's always good to brush up on basics, and it looks like it's fairly well written smile

Miss Sheep drew my attention to this thread a few days ago, but i assumed it was crap so didn't look till now wink